Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ilkhan posted:

Generally whatever you went back to school for in the first place.

That sounds fake but OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

Generally whatever you went back to school for in the first place.
lol

Except companies want 5 years experience to pay you some bullshit wage so you can attempt to pay your student loans while also trying not to starve to death.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Also my year-old headphones have suddenly stopped making noise in the left ear. I wiggled the wire once and got it to work for a second, but it went dead again and I haven't been able to replicate it since.

Motherfucker.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think my wife is going to end up working tonight which means I’m going to play drunk KSP alone tonight

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I got a crippling depression attack for NYE.

Hoo-loving-ray for me. If 2018 could suck just a tiiiiny bit less than 2017 did that would be great

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Introduced mein vater to iliza schlesinger

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He says I should marry her

Oh dad

If only you knew

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I CANT STOP POOPING MY BRAINS OUT ALSO I CANT STOP EATING MEAT ON A STICK AND MEXICAN FOOD AFTER MIDNIGHT SOMEBODY HELP

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Eating the last steak of 2017:

Can't drink since I'm on call, but they never said anything about food comas. :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
watched the seahawks throw away a good comeback aaaaand now it's time for chili

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
loving great start to the new year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42529615

Looks like I'll be needing a new DD.

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 1, 2018

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Nah new years aint for another 4 hours you're good gently caress 2017 etc

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

Nah new years aint for another 4 hours you're good gently caress 2017 etc

How

Dare

You

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Enourmo posted:

in 2017 my car exploded, i had a mental breakdown, and utterly failed my desire to overcome depression

Oh hey yeah that's pretty much me. Tried to beat the anxiety with going nuts and buying lots of loving Subarus.... which actually to be fair tended to be a bright point in a poo poo fest of a year. A car with a loving CVT was the goddamn highlight of the year (okay, it's actually a bloody good car) until 3 weeks ago and really had a left turn in life - Which has made me look forward to 2018 big time.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Shiiiiiiiiit. One of the soarers? Does that make the others worth more? :haw: (sorry)
E: saw your other post, hope you get sorted quickly.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 1, 2018

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I finally saw the last jedi and mostly fuckin hated it. I don't hold the originals as sacred...I just thought it sucked on its own.

Could you find a way to make a chase through space, with space battleships, any more boring or pointless than that? ...Most of the characters were as wooden as Carrie Fishers face.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have a gut full of shredded deep fried onion strings, cheese, and brown ale. Let the evenings mating dance commence

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bills are in the playoffs WOOOOOO

Last cool thing to happen in 17

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Theres a smoking hot girl here at the bar trying to use her her intensity and unblinking stare to intimidate me and make me back down

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

DICK DICER posted:

Theres a smoking hot girl here at the bar trying to use her her intensity and unblinking stare to intimidate me and make me back down

DICK DICER posted:

I have a gut full of shredded deep fried onion strings, cheese, and brown ale.

You know what must be done....

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

its 30 degrees outside and I'm working on the Datsun.

Which one of you was this?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I HAVE LEFT THE BAR WITH HOT MESS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

I HAVE LEFT THE BAR WITH HOT MESS

ALL HAIL MEGATRON

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

POSTIN IN THE YEAR 2018!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

as of now everyone born in the 90s is an adult. rip 90s kids,

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I'm from the future and here to tell you 2018 already sucks. My moonshine wash has stalled and a lot of chilli seedlings died because I slept in and didn't move them out of the morning sun early enough.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Please, please tell me the Easy button is the starter.

Not quite 2018 here in Dallas/Fort Worth, and it's 25 loving degrees outside. Yeah, I know it's nothing to you Yankees, Canucks, and Vikings, but drat, it's chilly for TX. Snowed/iced a bit earlier in the day, even. Nothing stuck, except on bridges and such, of course. It's only been under 40 for a few days.

Any who Merry Christmas Happy Nude New Year, you jerks!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It's 13F here in Nashville. I plan to make 2018 my bitch.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Happy new year, all you goony goons.

What happened to MGS? :ohdear: Looks like he's deleted (or at least disabled) his facebook.

Ferremit posted:

I got a crippling depression attack for NYE.

Hoo-loving-ray for me. If 2018 could suck just a tiiiiny bit less than 2017 did that would be great

:same:

I did manage to work until 9:30 at least. I didn't want to be on the road once amateur hour hits.

Darchangel posted:

Not quite 2018 here in Dallas/Fort Worth, and it's 25 loving degrees outside. Yeah, I know it's nothing to you Yankees, Canucks, and Vikings, but drat, it's chilly for TX. Snowed/iced a bit earlier in the day, even. Nothing stuck, except on bridges and such, of course. It's only been under 40 for a few days.

Any who Merry Christmas Happy Nude New Year, you jerks!

Low of 16 on this side of the metro. It's chilly.

Did I mention the idiots that designed my apartment complex put the water heaters OUTSIDE (okay fine, in a tiny uninsulated closet on the patio)? Electric ones? That thing's probably sucking up more power right now than the electric furnace. My electric meter will be :parrot: for the next few days.

Apparently there were 100+ wrecks/falls (why are falls counted) before midnight in Dallas and cites 170+ in Ft. Worth. Also, make sure to watch the video of the darwin award candidates.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Goddamn, that sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So is giving each of my groomsmen a sword too much for the groomsmen gifts?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I did manage to work until 9:30 at least. I didn't want to be on the road once amateur hour hits.

Low of 16 on this side of the metro. It's chilly.

Did I mention the idiots that designed my apartment complex put the water heaters OUTSIDE (okay fine, in a tiny uninsulated closet on the patio)? Electric ones? That thing's probably sucking up more power right now than the electric furnace. My electric meter will be :parrot: for the next few days.

That's dumb, but I saw that in a lot of complexes when I still lived in apartments 20 (jesus gently caress, I'm old) years ago.

quote:

Apparently there were 100+ wrecks/falls (why are falls counted) before midnight in Dallas and cites 170+ in Ft. Worth. Also, make sure to watch the video of the darwin award candidates.

Wife and I went to Ikea Sunday, because why not? (New one in Grand Prairie) Saw several accidents along the way, but had no trouble myself. Several bridges seemed to be icy, but, driving like I'm not an idiot made it not an issue. The city/county sanded and brined everything pretty well on my path. My cousin reported similar driving to work in the morning. He lives in east Fort Worth, south of I-30, and is assistant manager of a comics shop in North Dallas (like, Plano is across the road.)
Ain't going out today (Monday) if I don't have to. I hate cold. In fact, it's now time to go snug up in bed.

'Night, goons!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

So is giving each of my groomsmen a sword too much for the groomsmen gifts?

Could be pricey, but I think it would be cool as.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Would you expect them to wall mounting it or something? What are they supposed to do with it?
I'd be looking at something smaller, less creepy/geeky to display to their friends and family.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 1, 2018

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I gave up for now earlier, the car iced over as I was trying to fumble with some connectors. I think I have one wire to go.

Darchangel posted:

Please, please tell me the Easy button is the starter.

SURE AS gently caress

http://www.zcar.com/forum/12-90-96-tech-discussion-forum/312193-my-custom-wiring-harness-adventure.html

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Waffle House posted:

I gave up for now earlier, the car iced over as I was trying to fumble with some connectors. I think I have one wire to go.

SURE AS gently caress

http://www.zcar.com/forum/12-90-96-tech-discussion-forum/312193-my-custom-wiring-harness-adventure.html

:thumbsup:

You're doing God's work.

edit: OK, really going to bed now. Sheesh!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

That's dumb, but I saw that in a lot of complexes when I still lived in apartments 20 (jesus gently caress, I'm old) years ago.

Wife and I went to Ikea Sunday, because why not? (New one in Grand Prairie) Saw several accidents along the way, but had no trouble myself. Several bridges seemed to be icy, but, driving like I'm not an idiot made it not an issue. The city/county sanded and brined everything pretty well on my path. My cousin reported similar driving to work in the morning. He lives in east Fort Worth, south of I-30, and is assistant manager of a comics shop in North Dallas (like, Plano is across the road.)
Ain't going out today (Monday) if I don't have to. I hate cold. In fact, it's now time to go snug up in bed.

This is the first place I've lived like that. This place isn't old enough that you'd expect it, and it's only in part of the complex - for that matter, about half of the apartments with my floorplan have them inside, have a private balcony, and sacrifice part of the laundry room to a full size (tall) water heater (instead of a short wide one on a shelf like other places). So I had the choice of having a private balcony and indoor water heater, and half a laundry room (could only use stackable w/d)... or outside in a little closet, a shared balcony, and a full laundry room.

I can't imagine driving from there to almost Plano. I guess he's probably spending a fortune on tolls on 161 and 190? Or is he actually fighting traffic on 360 -> 30 -> 35 -> 635 -> major north/south road?

I didn't see any ice anywhere except for a couple of little patches on Woodall Rogers... and in the parking lot of the 7-11 down the street.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Welcome to 2018. May it be better than 2017 for all y'all.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Called ex-gf from high school to say Merry Christmas last week.

... spent hours on the phone, and we've been on the phone every day since then. I'm going to visit her for her birthday in a couple of weeks, staying a few days.

I may need to tear off a big chunk of my gay card. :confuoot: If something does happen, I'll make sure to do Rhyno proud with the rug burn.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Any holes a goal?

I think I’m suffering from burnout. Haven’t had a proper holiday from work since July last year, took two weeks off work in sept but ended up with bursitis in my shoulders which is still giving me poo poo to this day, combined with twisting my ankle so badly my foot is now about 4mm to the right of where it should be, so that holiday was agony and misery.

Also just finished 11 weeks straight of doing the fire prevention slashing in the district which is stressful as all hell, cos we’re slashing edges of tracks and hill slopes where one wrong move or missing a washout means you and 10 tonnes of machine are on a journey down a hillside on your side.

And since our leading hand has had a micro stroke (different to the guy a few months ago who had a major stroke) I’ve been unofficially pushed into that supervisory role with no compensation or real recognition.

Add in working every day of the festive season apart from public holidays, and I guess it all just got too much. Got 3 days work this week then two weeks off, but cos we’re so understaffed now I can’t take more than 2 weeks at a time.

One good thing bout having a full blown breakdown- certainly helps you work out which of your ‘friends’ are Total and utter selfish cunts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

One good thing bout having a full blown breakdown- certainly helps you work out which of your ‘friends’ are Total and utter selfish cunts...

I hear you on THAT one. But also the friends that come through tho.... they are the good ones.

... what the hell am I listening to outside? God damnit I seriously hope it's not domestic abuse.

• Locked thread