Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Patriot is a masterpiece and if you haven't seen it yet you should be ashamed. You disgust me.

It never clicked with me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
On another note, how were the new Chappelle specials?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gonz posted:

The most recent one was one of his best ever.

weren't there two?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
so some youtube 'celebrity' pointed and laughed at a dude who hanged himself in the woods and posted it, is that the tl;dr?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

IRQ posted:

Sounds about right. I have no desire to track down the video to get the full version either. Youtube "celebrities" are the worst.

yeah I'm not really concerned about seeing the dead body but i saw pictures of the youtuber and :yikes: I'm not watching any of that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DivisionPost posted:

And then monetized his apology video, yeah.

why am i not surprised at all

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Started watching Vikings, does the lead actor get better? I've watched 4 eps so far and he's just....:shrug: It's not stopping me from watching the show because the setting is cool and it's well produced but he just doesn't seem to have much range at all.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

You'll be eating those words later on.

Mu Zeta posted:

Yes. I didn't really love the show until season 2. I went back to see some season 1 episodes a while ago and it's really low budget compared to what the show is now. The actor steps up in later seasons.

This is good news, ty both!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
After the TVIV Top-10 thread I decided to try out American Vandal and give Patriot another shot. American Vandal episode 1 was loving hilarious and I fully intend to keep with it. Patriot I just found boring, again. Am I missing something here? Everyone seems to love the show that has watched it but I watched 2 episodes when it first came out and then the first one again and it just does nothing, I feel like there's something wrong with me.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Escobarbarian posted:

Not everything is for everyone. I think it’s an incredible mix of completely absurd and deeply melancholy, with amazing mise-en-scene and great subdued performances.

Yeah I get that. But sometimes I've watched a pilot and maybe it's because I was in a bad mood or expecting something else or even tired and then went back and it clicked. I'll give it one more shot I think but most of the time when TVIV almost universally praises a show I'm on board if I wasn't already. I don't know why this one isn't clicking.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I decided to watch Oz again for the first time in ~5 years. Halfway through season one, it's definitely a bit dated but the entertainment level is still off the charts. I can't wait for the really insane poo poo to start up.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Popelmon posted:

gently caress me sideways the first episode of Banshee does NOT gently caress around. Does it keep going like this?

Banshee is one of my favorite TV shows ever. Even though season 4 was a letdown, season 3 especially was loving batshit crazy in the best possible way. (e: season 4 was just really different, I need to do a rewatch because I've only seen it once.)

To answer your question, no. It ramps up.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 30, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I've been rewatching Oz and Peter Dinklage has a role! It's not a speaking part but he does get tossed off a building. Literally that's it :lol: The scene went by so fast and after I was like 'wait that actor was very small was that Peter Dinklage?' and yep IMDB confirmed it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone watch Sneaky Pete season 2? I remember really enjoying season 1.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Count down to Trump saying something on twitter about it, I give it two hours.

Trump has a rally in Tennessee later tonight, I'm assuming he'll make his first statements about it then.

Lycus posted:

I'd be surprised if no one at ABC floated the idea of "Roseanne without Roseanne".

I'm pretty sure everyone realized that the show's base would tune out if they did this anyway.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

The talent agency that represents Roseanne has also dropped her.

Really amazing how quickly she completely blew this comeback.

her (recent) "ape" tweet was this morning wasn't it? That escalated very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yo the new season of Kimmy Schmidt is a huge improvement over the last two. If you fell off the show I strongly recommend it.

that's a show I've been meaning to watch but never did for whatever reason. I'm assuming as a 30 Rock and The Office fan I'll enjoy it?