Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

ABC better be clear as to whether or not she will be getting any revenue from that show since it is based off of something she created.

Also, she forgives Sara Gilbert for calling her tweet abhorrent. So, at least that's cleared up.

quote:

“Wow! unreal,” Barr wrote in response. Later, she moderated her stance on Gilbert: “no, I understand her position and why she said what she said. i forgive her. It just shocked me a bit,” Barr wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Mother and son have fallen out, however.

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne/status/1001750109984468992

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bullshit. I don't begrudge anyone coming back for an easy paycheck like a rebooted sitcom, but don't pretend you didn't know what she was like.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne/status/1001899688474259456

Ugh gently caress OFF racist lady

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1001903819926724609

Folks, calling a white supremacist a white supremacist is no different from calling a black woman an Islamist ape.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bull3964 posted:

ABC better be clear as to whether or not she will be getting any revenue from that show since it is based off of something she created.

That's why you're hearing about them thinking about putting together a new show with all the actors playing similar characters but all named different. I do wonder how much they would have to change for it to be legally different.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

clown shoes posted:

I can just see the headline now...

Bryan Fuller Out As Showrunner on 'Pushing Daisies'

lmfao

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
And what's ABC going to replace Roseanne with? You guessed it:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1001901061194551296

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

That's why you're hearing about them thinking about putting together a new show with all the actors playing similar characters but all named different. I do wonder how much they would have to change for it to be legally different.

No-seanne, coming this fall.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Bruceski posted:

No-seanne, coming this fall.

She can smell hate crime?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

muscles like this! posted:

They're probably also intentionally fishing it out there to make sure the response isn't "OH gently caress YOU FOR TRYING TO KEEP CAPITALIZING OFF THE RACIST!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

PaybackJack posted:

Is that what Sepinwall writes about these days? I only ever read an occasional review and his The Revolution Was Televised book, which if anything highlights how these great TV shows broke out of the mold that was episodic tv. Has he changed his tune or is his problem now that every mainstream show has to be both episodic and serial which works better for the latter than the former?

I think it's down to this pivot to the horrible phrase "We see this as a 10 hour movie", which seemed to be going around a lot with the Netflix shows in particular. His complaint seemed to be more about the strict adherence to avoiding doing any episodic TV, even though good things can come from it. I think all the Marvel/Netflix shows suffer from this and really struggle to fill the time they get.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zoux posted:

Great now even more people can read his whining about the end of episodic television

https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/1001538522631749632

Bryan still hasn't slaked his thirst for disappointing fans by quitting highly anticipated shows in the middle of pre-production

I get that Fuller does his own thing, but his gimmick of tweeting everything in all caps is incredibly tiresome.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
But on the plus side: at least he's not a filthy double-spacer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Worst Timeline

Lol, also, today in Worst Aging Magazine Covers

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

less laughter posted:

But on the plus side: at least he's not a filthy double-spacer.

You know who only puts one space after a period? Trump.

Also Hitler.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Zoux, I'm pretty sure that SHS quote isn't legit. Unverified account.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
why is the goddamn president of the goddamn united states of goddamn america tweeting passive-aggressive things that start with the word "Gee" and why

just

why

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

oh my pregnant head

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Welcome to America.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

shoulda used an ear condom smdh

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
6 episodes, is this the finale season of Kimmy?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

precision posted:

why is the goddamn president of the goddamn united states of goddamn america tweeting passive-aggressive things that start with the word "Gee" and why

just

why

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

oh my pregnant head

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1001961235838103552

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

just

why

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

oh my pregnant head

GreenNight posted:

Welcome to America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lycus posted:

6 episodes, is this the finale season of Kimmy?

Yes, but only the first half.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Any celebrities that want someone pardoned? The door is open.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lycus posted:

Any celebrities that want someone pardoned? The door is open.

Kim's after getting OJ pardoned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ABC should resurrect the show and recast Roseanne with Whoopi.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THIS IS REAL ANYMORE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rocksicles posted:

Kim's after getting OJ pardoned.

And we know who her husband's campaigning for:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a reminder, if you want some feel good TV Joe Pera Talks With You continues to be excellent.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yo the new season of Kimmy Schmidt is a huge improvement over the last two. If you fell off the show I strongly recommend it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I still loved 2 and 3, but 4 is indeed on fire from the go!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Reverie is starting today. All I know is that it stars Sarah Shahi and it looks like she's rescuing people from a VR video game?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

esperterra posted:

The documentary episode is one of the best episodes of TV this year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yo the new season of Kimmy Schmidt is a huge improvement over the last two. If you fell off the show I strongly recommend it.

that's a show I've been meaning to watch but never did for whatever reason. I'm assuming as a 30 Rock and The Office fan I'll enjoy it?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FactsAreUseless posted:

The documentary episode is one of the best episodes of TV this year.

All the reenactments in it are A+++

Also the gag about Jacqueline trying to impress Jenny McCarthy and it unfortunately working killed me so dead.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Reverie is starting today. All I know is that it stars Sarah Shahi and it looks like she's rescuing people from a VR video game?

First i've heard about it. I'm all in.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It looks like The Cell lite but with Sarah Shahi, so I am way down.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

that's a show I've been meaning to watch but never did for whatever reason. I'm assuming as a 30 Rock and The Office fan I'll enjoy it?
It has its ups and downs but yes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a genre show on a broadcast network that doesn't have "Marvel's" in front of it.

It's either going to be so watered down that it's barely different than a police procedural or it will be shuffled off to Friday to burn off the season past the 5th episode with reruns of whatever the network's top rated drama is taking the time slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

esperterra posted:

Yeah, I liked 2 and 3, so I guess I'll love 4. Though I have to go back a few episodes. I remember Kimmy dropped out of college, but I completely forgot she ended up not becoming a crossing guard. Does this half-season have a Gretchenisode?