Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Falling Water Season 2 starts Saturday on USA Network. One of my favorite series from 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

GreenNight posted:

God I’m surprised that got renewed.

It got decent numbers for a USA show and is super cheap to make.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wasn't that into Riverdale, but if they actually commit to this, like with the magic and everything, I will watch every single episode.

Oh god yes. If they lean into the modern Pseudo-Satanist Sabrina take I am definitely in.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

nate fisher posted:

I've always called it the Ned Beatty effect. You see an actor in a situation so awful or absurd that you can no longer disassociate them from the scene. I have the same problem with Robert Downey Jr thanks to Less Than Zero.

Ok that is good news. That along with the rumors of HBO doing the First Law trilogy makes me happy.

Edit: OK I just had my mind blown. I was reading about Ned Beatty, and I stumbled upon Ronny Cox.

I never knew this guy...

...was this guy

until now.

And on this show too..

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xdmqqk/remembering-cop-rock-the-police-show-musical-too-weird-to-live-too-rare-to-die

edit: Had to add this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZXtY-W6FnY

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
'50s: Science Fiction Theater
'60s: Mission Impossible.
'70s: M.A.S.H.
'80s: Max Headroom
'90s: X-Files
'00s: Fringe
'10s: Person of Interest

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't watch that one cause I just don't like the Punisher in general

I normally hate the Punisher, but this series was surprisingly good.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

The book is loving amazing, but 1billion? :wtf::wtc:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

GreenNight posted:

Black Company would be good too.

Oh god yes. I want to see the first trilogy done.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

esperterra posted:

It always bummed me that Routh's career bombed out with Returns, he wasn't the problem with that movie (which I kinda love tbh it just makes a few ... choices). People never seemed to give him the time of day 'til he stole every scene of Scott Pilgrim he was in, I can't think of anything movie roles he was in between that and Returns. I think he did a fair bit of TV spots for a while? I know he was on like Gilmore Girls and other poo poo, but that was even before Returns.

I'm glad things seem to be turning around for him, I think he has a lot more range than people give him credit for, especially as a comedic actor. I don't watch any of the CW hero shows but it seems like a good fit for him.

Routh was fantastic in Dylan Dog and, managed to hold up against Peter Stormare which is not the easiest thing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
So, is Killing Eve as fantastic as I think it is? Or, am I just delusional?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rocksicles posted:

Killing Eve is legit TV. Episode 2 was nuts.

That Jodie Comer is one hell of an actress considering she talks with a thick scouse accent.

spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evtleFmzQQU

Killing Eve is loving amazing. I never thought much about Sandra Oh, but dear god is she good in it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bentacos posted:

Two of the guys from Predator went on to become governors of states. Also Carl Weathers did Hot Ice with Anne Archer.

Carl Weathers? Wasn't he the star of Action Jackson with Vanity and Sharon Stone?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

ynohtna posted:

The cancellation of Deception is just a trick, right? Wait a while for a reveal, right? :gbsmith:

I was enjoying the hell out of that weird and much better than it looked on first viewing show.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Oh loving yes...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

sportsgenius86 posted:

Invasion started out kinda meh but then it got loving amazing and ABC just cut it loose out of greed, only for every other post-Lost show to tank way loving worse.

Invasion, Surface, and Threshold. I liked all three of those and they were all interesting, but Invasion was by far the best.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I wish Farscape had had one more season. The Peacekeeper Wars was great, but man that concept could have been incredible.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lycus posted:

Was there gonna be a big Nebari arc? Because that's what I was expecting as the Peacekeepers and Scarrans became less like antagonists, and the Nebari got teased earlier as mega-villains.

That was the plan.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Sacred Games on Netflix is pretty fantastic. Drama about organized crime in Mumbai.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyAsfo6rEz0

70 episode Mandarin period dramas set in the Three Kingdoms era are extremely my poo poo folks

I hear you. I have the 84 episode VCD set of Romance of the Three Kingdoms from 1994.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

Everyone say your pick for biggest flop of the new season. Mine: Manifest.

Whiskey Cavelier

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

Vanished, Terra Nova, Alcatraz etc.

One show from that era cancelled after one season that should have continued: Kidnapped, with Jeremy Sisto and Delroy Lindo.

Invasion really should have succeeded

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone knows the worst fans are Harry Potter Better Call Saul and Arrested Development.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Mr. Inbetween is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSGipk1Faj8

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

feedmyleg posted:

Do they condemn or commend his awful outlook on life?

He's played as a sociopath who's fine with his job.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Lycus posted:

By just saying the letters.

What?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Guy Goodbody posted:

i don't actually know about jail, but he's been hit by some kind of anti-harassment complaint for doing targeted harassment of trans women on twitter

That was an IT Crowd episode years ago, and he's finally apologized sort of for it, but not really and he's a loving rear end in a top hat in general.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
drat, Black Lightning Season 2 started out strong. Garage fight, Lightning, Bill Duke being a badass with just his tone of voice.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rocksicles posted:

That the first time the used the n word?

And also HNIC

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

bring back old gbs posted:

i really hated episode 1 but i think im all in after the 3rd episode.

Don't eat the candies.

Some blatant symbolism in that scene too, with the breakfast.

I was meh on the first two episodes, but Starfire brought it in this one (the musical cues when she was driving were great).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

That whole thread is great.

https://twitter.com/deadletterboy/status/1057285802730889216

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Rocksicles posted:

Titans spoiler image in the thread for those not paying attention to it.

Try not to ruin it

That 'spoiler' was announced a couple of months ago.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's Lost. In Space.

It's good, though I suspect it'll be overshadowed by Nightflyers. (How many British space slashers can you release in a month? Apparently two.)

Nightflyers is GRRM, so not intrinsically British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

They rob the rich and most of the time they keep it for themselves. They're like a version of Robin Hood that makes sense to me.

The series finale of Hustle is just so good.