Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Yudo posted:

My team is owned by Dan Snyder, so I feel your pain. All the Browns have to do is pick Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Payne, Kay, James or even Darnold or Rosen and not draft Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield. How hard can that be?

We're actually really good at guard :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

We're actually really good at guard :smith:

Adding Barkley, Fitzpatrick and Chubb would be huge though, and the Browns can likely get two of those three. Garrett and Chubb would be a nice tandem.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Browns should just draft QBs

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Two former Cleveland coaches (Belichick Saban) have won 11 national Championships since the media and people of Cleveland chased them away. Imagine what would have happened if the media, people and owner of Cleveland had stuck by their guys and today there were not a Patriots dynasty but a Browns dynasty.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

Two former Cleveland coaches (Belichick Saban) have won 11 national Championships since the media and people of Cleveland chased them away. Imagine what would have happened if the media, people and owner of Cleveland had stuck by their guys and today there were not a Patriots dynasty but a Browns dynasty.

So...don't fire Hue?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Yudo posted:

So...don't fire Hue?

If you think about it, maybe 1 win in 32 games for the Cleveland Browns is actually a very impressive feat few coaches could pull off.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I was at a conference all weekend so I couldn’t watch live, is there recorded video of the parade anywhere?

Also has anyone from the Browns organization recognized the charity aspect of the parade in any way or offered a donation?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Yodzilla posted:

I was at a conference all weekend so I couldn’t watch live, is there recorded video of the parade anywhere?

Also has anyone from the Browns organization recognized the charity aspect of the parade in any way or offered a donation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bNoVrQf_A

enjoy.

To be fair, their themed floats are better than the duck boats we use.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Thanks man, the few stories and photos I've seen so far have been great.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

No, the closest we've had is some players bitching about how REAL FANS wouldn't do this.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah I saw plenty of that but I’m not surprised, expecting people to have a sense of humor and an ounce of understanding is too much to ask sometimes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yudo posted:

They have two picks in the top five in what is a pretty strong draft. The probability of not loving up those two picks is pretty good by chance alone.

The last time they had two picks in the first round and decided to use one on a QB, everyone also thought they wouldn't gently caress it up completely

They proceeded to pick Gilbert and Manziel

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Don’t forget they traded down and then up to get Gilbert. Odell Beckham was drafted right after, with the team fully aware Josh Gordon was getting suspended the next day for a year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Browns had multiple first round picks in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2017. In two of those years they spent a first rounder on a QB, and in a third they spent a second rounder on one. In 2016 they technically didn't have two first round picks, but they had the 32nd overall due to the Patriots forfeiting their pick, but in any other year the 32nd overall would be a first round pick, so this is their 5th straight year with Might As Well Be 1st Round picks.

They went 0-16 last year.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 9, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The Browns had multiple first round picks in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2017.

They went 0-16 last year.

This is exactly why I never buy into the "look at all the draft picks they have, what a great situation for <new coach/GM> to come into" garbage. None of this matters, because regardless who is out there to pick, the wrong player is always chosen.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hockles posted:

This is exactly why I never buy into the "look at all the draft picks they have, what a great situation for <new coach/GM> to come into" garbage. None of this matters, because regardless who is out there to pick, the wrong player is always chosen.

I edited because it's even sadder and dumber than my original post made it seem.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

shyduck posted:

Browns should just draft QBs

Convert all the failures to other positions.

“You’re becoming a WR, you a RB, and you’re going to be the new DT!”

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

Don’t forget they traded down and then up to get Gilbert. Odell Beckham was drafted right after, with the team fully aware Josh Gordon was getting suspended the next day for a year.

Did they? I thought the whole story going around at the time is that the NFL screwed us by not announcing the Gordon suspension before the draft. I guess the team actually knew and was too stupid to act on it is what you're saying?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The Browns were reportedly informed of Gordon's suspension days before the draft.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Michael Corleone posted:

Did they? I thought the whole story going around at the time is that the NFL screwed us by not announcing the Gordon suspension before the draft. I guess the team actually knew and was too stupid to act on it is what you're saying?

Look inside your heart for the answer.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kirksey backed off being Christ surrounded by Romans a bit

https://twitter.com/Kirksey/status/950028843452166144

Quoting myself for context.

He put together offending fans might just hurt t-shirt sales. Christ this loving team

https://kirksey58.com/

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Who the hell is buying those shirts

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

shyduck posted:

Who the hell is buying those shirts

i saw people at the parade wearing jerseys that might as well have said "BUYERSREGRET" but im pretty sure I never saw someone wearing a Kirksey shirt

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TheHoosier posted:

i saw people at the parade wearing jerseys that might as well have said "BUYERSREGRET" but im pretty sure I never saw someone wearing a Kirksey shirt

My Josh Gordon Jersey owns. :colbert:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Ruben Droughns jersey hangs proudly in my closet next to two Brady Quinn jerseys.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I literally have no room to talk. I have a Tim Rattay jersey because i'm unbelievable stupid. luckily my future jersey purchases were a little more savvy

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I bought a Trich jersey from Dicks for $12 the day he was traded. Good poo poo.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I have Charles Rogers and Roy Williams Lions jerseys, and I regret nothing

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I wear an old Jurevicius jersey on nice days and a Manziel ugly sweater the rest of the time.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I have purchased 2 football jerseys in my life. Charlie Frye and Brady Quinn.

I am never purchasing another jersey ever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am always worried about buying a jersey because I am worried after throwing down the cash the player will either suck or rape someone

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am always worried about buying a jersey because I am worried after throwing down the cash the player will either suck or rape someone

Like a week after I got my Martinez jersey for Christmas I found out that not only is he a huge video gamer his Steam username is also 'pussyfucker69'

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What if they turn out to be cool like Skull.gif's guy or a sweet rear end murderer like Aaron Hernandez?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Like a week after I got my Martinez jersey for Christmas I found out that not only is he a huge video gamer his Steam username is also 'pussyfucker69'

Does it bother you that he plays video games?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sponges posted:

Does it bother you that he plays video games?

No the opposite, it rules like hell. I love nerdy football players.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
At some point owning the jersey of a truly terrible player is a point of pride.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

who the heck would buy the current jersey colors. Gotta wait until after 2020.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

who the heck would buy the current jersey colors. Gotta wait until after 2020.

I like orange. that's the only reason I would.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I like orange. that's the only reason I would.

And we didn't even wear that this year. It was white almost every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Yodzilla posted:

At some point owning the jersey of a truly terrible player is a point of pride.

Are there any Aaron Hernandez jerseys left?

• Locked thread