Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
If I'm drafted by Cleveland, even in the 7th round, I'm asking for the entire contract to be guaranteed money or I walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

I would say the odds are astronomically low, except they almost did just that over the last two seasons.

one bookmaker in the UK has started putting next season's bets up

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Poor kid, already primed for a life of disappointment

https://twitter.com/GShihadeh/status/947626122757451776

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

250/1 odds on the Browns going 16-0 has to be a joke.

The Detroit Tigers are 150-1 to win the World Series next year, and no team is worse than 100-1, while in the NHL, the Coyotes are 500-1 to win the Stanley Cup, Buffalo are 150-1, everyone else 66-1 or shorter. Most UK bookies got burned by the stupid odds they laid on Leicester winning the Premier League, so they've pulled their prices right in so they don't let that happen

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

Seriously. 250/1 is a Haslam-esque scam.

it's not the statistical likelihood of it happening, it's "how much are prepared to lose if the unthinkable and absurb happens". Leicester winning the Premier League lost all UK bookies £25million all in, and it was the single biggest payout on the result of any sporting event in the UK iirc. No way any bookmaker worth their salt is going to expose themselves to the risk of potentially losing £100,000 per £1 staked even for the most unlikely, nay impossible, scenario. And if they did, they would reduce the maximum stake to something ridiculous like 10p or something

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Cleveland took two teams to overtime, had another 4 games decided by less than one score and lost by more than 17 points, and didn't concede more than 38 points. The 2008 Lions had five games within a score (4 if you think the 8 point loss to Washington is a score), were blown out by more than 17 points seven times and conceded 38 points or more 5 times. I think the Lions were worse all round

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Lions were worse, but the Browns should be more ashamed of themselves.

a quick browse of that roster and it's Cliff Avril, Calvin Johnson, Jon Kitna and a whole lot of what could be generously described as "training camp bodies" given meaningful snaps

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

pasaluki posted:

I think the Lions would have won at least 1 game if they hadn't forced Jon Kitna to IR. The Browns when you take into account how poo poo they were last year I think they are worse. Especially when you consider how bad the AFC is this year.

The Lions gave up 34 points to the Bears, 38 points to the Jags & Bucs, 42 to the Saints, 47 to the Titans and 48 to the Packers... at home. Not even this years Browns were that awful

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

WalletBeef posted:

So what are the chances that the Browns draft a good qb and become a winning team?

I don't know about winning, but I still genuinely think they weren't 0-16 bad and were easily better than the 2008 Lions

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18/status/950002422138724354

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I have Charles Rogers and Roy Williams Lions jerseys, and I regret nothing

• Locked thread