Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope you've enjoyed witnessing the literal worst two year stretch any NFL team has ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Can't lose what's not there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They have the #1 and #4 picks. I find it hard to believe that they get two players who both are immediately fine with playing in this hopeless situation

idk if it will be the #1 or the #4 but I think you see at least one person say no to the Browns in the draft

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The optimism for the future

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/947589327219056640

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/947588968845017088

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think you could conceivably have the full 2017 Browns roster play against a single member of an opposing team and still only manage 2 wins at best

Which I'm aware would still be an improvement post-2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

If I'm drafted by Cleveland, even in the 7th round, I'm asking for the entire contract to be guaranteed money or I walk

This but I also want the money up-front

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fenrir posted:

If the 0-16 parade really happens please send every video and youtube ever, I want to see this.

It'll be livestreamed

https://twitter.com/AllaireMatt/status/947576659791831041

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He either wants to be fired, or he has the Flying J evidence that could get Haslam put away and knows nothing can get him fired

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Browns 2018 opponents: Bengals twice, Ravens twice, Steelers twice, Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, Jets, Broncos, Raiders, Saints, Bucs, Texans

lol they're going 0-16 again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DougLesmerises/status/947864518037733377

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep hearing this but I cannot see how the Browns can turn themselves around in 3 seasons or less. The front office, the coaching staff, the roster, etc. all have giant problems that need to be addressed.

A few good players are not going to make the Browns good

The way I see it is these comments are saying the average team should be able to go from suck to success in 3 years or less assuming not everything goes wrong

As with yaws' comment, the issue is the Browns aren't the average team

Everything will go wrong

The most damning thing I can say about sports (that doesn't involve the toll it takes on the human body physically and mentally while nobody cares until it's too late to repair the damage) is that it attracts the worst kind of idiots: the idiots who think all that's needed to fix a hopeless situation is themselves

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yaws posted:

Then the Browns are going to be awful forever.

Congrats on finally coming to the conclusion everyone else on earth came up with long, long ago

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm sad Josh Gordon came back for this team and this coach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sent from my iPad posted:

Is it possible to end with a worse record than 0-16?

There's never been a team that went 0-16 in the regular season and had a loss in preseason, so clearly the next step is going 0-4 in preseason and 0-16 in the regular season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Going 0-16 was embarrassing enough as a player"

what about 1-31

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When's Hue going in the lake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Love that misplaced confidence. "when" we win :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yudo posted:

They have two picks in the top five in what is a pretty strong draft. The probability of not loving up those two picks is pretty good by chance alone.

The last time they had two picks in the first round and decided to use one on a QB, everyone also thought they wouldn't gently caress it up completely

They proceeded to pick Gilbert and Manziel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hope?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/951232867035766786

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Kirk Cousins is way younger than I thought he was, I don't know why he'd want to play for the Browns aside from just not wanting to play for the team with the most racist name in all of American professional sports. Money I guess, but isn't he already the highest paid quarterback ever and don't most really rich athletes make most of their money from poo poo other than actually playing their sport?

Are Cleveland winters milder than DC ones?

The DC area sports team had a chance to pay him a long term contract and instead pussyfooted around it so much they paid him more money in franchise tags than they would have with an actual long term deal. By all accounts he is pretty clearly done with that poo poo and wants an actual contract, and is fully aware he's running out of time to get that while doing well enough to make it deserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hockles posted:

hell thread

You got it right

• Locked thread