Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
This is the greatest night in the history of our sport!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Serious question, how many games in a row do the Browns need to lose before the league steps in with emergency measures like an expansion draft to try and save them?

It will never happen. They let Al Davis destroy the Raiders for a decade long after he was clearly senile.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Nervous posted:

That shirt is boss as gently caress.

What do you think the Vegas odds will be on the Browns being the first NFL team to have back to back 0-16 seasons? Will there be a sports book that will even take that bet?

I would say the odds are astronomically low, except they almost did just that over the last two seasons.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Hue wants to get paid for five years while only doing two years of coaching like every other Browns head coach but his plans keep getting foiled by the insane owner.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep hearing this but I cannot see how the Browns can turn themselves around in 3 seasons or less. The front office, the coaching staff, the roster, etc. all have giant problems that need to be addressed.

A few good players are not going to make the Browns good

If they get a league average QB they will be fine. Lots of good offensive players that Kizer couldn’t connect with.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
He will emerge stronger than ever like Ra’s Al Ghul’s Lazarus pit.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Stop worrying about it. Brees would never come here anyway. The likely FA targets are Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins, and I don’t think either signs without being the highest paid QB with a guaranteed contract. Browns have tons of cash to spend so it would be worth it.

Whoever they get will be replacing a guy who had 31 turnovers and got sacked almost 40 times behind a pretty good line.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

a patagonian cavy posted:

they should've done this a full year ago. why would they wise up and do it now

They wanted him in 2016 so I don’t have an answer why they didn’t sign him this year except that they wanted to develop Kizer (and collusion of course). Going into the season with Cody Kessler as the veteran backup was mind boggling.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Nodoze posted:

Kirk Cousins isn't gonna leave the Redskins to go to the loving Browns of all teams. One of the few teams more of a mess organizationally than Washington

The Browns can offer a larger contract than anyone else with a huge guarantee, so if he loves that paper he might.

I think AJ McCarron ends up as the day 1 started somehow. Hopefully at the cost of no draft picks.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Kalli posted:

Do you think it's possible at all for the Browns to not draft a QB #1 overall? Kirk is 100% not signing in Cleveland if they're doing that.

With the new GM I can’t say. If they sign an established Qb they might trade #1 to a team that wants to get in front of the Giants and then draft one later in the first. Anything is possible but getting Cousins or Smith who still have a lot of time left lessens the need to draft a QB right now.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Try to befriend the hobo who told Haslam to draft Manziel. I think he hangs out near terminal tower.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Theres a place in Cleveland called "Terminal Tower"!??

Oh man wait until I tell you about Whiskey Island.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
If you go anywhere other than Sololowski’s then you did Cleveland wrong.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://twitter.com/reflog_18/status/949672662191796225

Da Princess of Parma

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

The Twinkie Czar posted:

It's like people involved with the parade are afraid some rear end in a top hat is going to show up and start a fight.

The organizer has gotten death threats for weeks.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://m.imgur.com/a/YvwXD

I know y’all be lovin this poo poo right here

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Instead of berating the fans, how about you win a freaking game?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Don’t forget they traded down and then up to get Gilbert. Odell Beckham was drafted right after, with the team fully aware Josh Gordon was getting suspended the next day for a year.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The Browns were reportedly informed of Gordon's suspension days before the draft.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Ruben Droughns jersey hangs proudly in my closet next to two Brady Quinn jerseys.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Those people are idiots and have no sense of humor.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Prediction

1-15 but the win comes in the first week and that keeps him employed the whole season

Week 1 will be against a division rival so it will be a loss.

Fun fact, the Browns have won exactly 1 week 1 game since returning in 1999.

Skwirl posted:

Would Garoppolo lead to Cleveland having a significantly better 2017 season, not necessarily a winning one, but maybe going 4-12 instead of 0-16?

Kizer was actively worth negative wins, so Jimmy probably would have gotten at least one.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I have misgivings about Barkleys disappearance as the season progressed. He's probably gone at 3 if not 1. I'm a huge take your QB early guy though this year. I don't think Gettleman bites on a trade though with Rosen talking and him being the clear top qb.

People seem to have convinced themselves Cousins is coming for sure, Keenum is a can't miss and Smith is younger and better than he is. Among browns fans anyway.

Smith is only 33 and in his prime.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
IIRC they hadn't had a drafted QB win a game before Mahomes since Todd Blackledge in the early 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Mr. Nice! posted:

If the browns are able to sign cousins they need to spend basically all their draft picks on OL and they'll be good.

OL is good except RT but he’s young.

• Locked thread