Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe in 2018 Marvel will turn their poo poo around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Edit: wrong sub forum!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

You're not helping your case.

Unless you think all blonde hispanic women look like whores.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

What does Morrison own.

That is the question isn't it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

How are you this donkey brained?

People are allowed to have opinions.

Even if they are bad I'm sorry Lurdiak you are my bro but we're on different sides of this line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All web comics pale before Red Meat.

I hate you Milkman Dan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

All I want in this world is a coffee table book with his month of variant covers.
http://comicsalliance.com/darwyn-cooke-dc-variants-december/

This please. Or alternatively a portfolio of 11x17 prints of every cover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think Achewood is insanely overrated but yeah, BSS really has a crazy love for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Major Eff Alan Moore DC spoiler dropped.

ABC characters will appear in DC books

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

I thought we knew this with the first arc of the Terrifics.

Did we?

Promethea is joining the JLoA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barry Convex posted:

Source?

And the Tom Strong thing was revealed back at NYCC, so more of that wouldn’t be enormously surprising.

Whole issue leaked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, the issue in question. A watermarked black and white copy has leaked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Do you know what number it'll be?

This weeks issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

You just said no to me asking if it was this weeks!

I got the impression retailers always got PDFs early. If they deny them is that when you know there's something juicy?

I was confused!
Full pdfs are not very common.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

I was confused!
Full pdfs are not very common.

Whew, got busy right after I posted this!

So the way PDF previews now work is pretty simple. To entice retailers, DC and Marvel now send the previews to Diamond. On those books, when you click their entry in the Diamond catalog there is a "generate preview" button. When you do this there is a brief wait and then a pdf of the book downloads to your PC. Sometimes the preview is a full color finished book (Mister Miracle #1) but recently they are just b&w (all the new DC stuff hitting in the coming weeks). When you generate the pdf there is a pattern spread across the pages like puzzle pieces and in each piece is your store diamond code. This way if it leaks they can trace it almost immediately.

Now SOMEBODY thought it was a good idea to share the JLoA page in a retailer group this morning and that guy was removed from the group an hour later with the admin explaining that DC's FB guy asked for them to be booted and warning that there was a massive penalty coming to that store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is Promethea massively popular and I'm the strange one for barely being aware of it? I get Watchmen, that's a well known popular comic, but bringing in Promethea and whoever else just seems like they're specifically trying to get Alan Moore mad.

I stand by the position that the use of anything Moore created over the past few years is Johns sticking back at him after Moore said Johns career was based on his table scraps. I mean, they're going to drop V into the DCU this year, bank on it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vincent posted:

It was at the time, yeah.

It's probably the best thing Moore has written.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Agh! I meant of his modern works!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

You just said no to me asking if it was this weeks!

I got the impression retailers always got PDFs early. If they deny them is that when you know there's something juicy?

So i was righ the first time, it is not tomorrow's issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Man of Steel is a bad movie.

Stop. XO just banned discussion of this in the actual movie thread, we don't need it here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

My Vision HC showed up except it’s a birthday present for a friend who’s birthday is in May

I got really excited when I read Vision for the first time last month okay

We got shorted two copies so I had to hide the only copy we got so I could buy it today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sheets of plywood are your best bet. I've been in a few shops that use them and they usually put a 1/4 inch piece of plywood between each row of boxes. Just swing into Lowes/Menards/Home Depot with the desired measurements and they'll usually cut it for free.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Where do I get a lit cigarette?

Middle school bullies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Denys Cowan has shown off a few of the sketches for this on occasion. God drat would it have been cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Speaking of Black Panther, Abraham Riesman (who has become my favorite pop culture writer, especially when he focuses on comics) wrote a really great profile piece in Vulture on Christopher Priest, the man who made Black Panther popular in the first place.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/christopher-priest-made-black-panther-cool-then-disappeared.html

This was a pretty good read.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But nevermind actual history, what if I glue a bunch of plastic gears to a fedora?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Books, Comics and Things in Fort Wayne Indiana had at one time the largest selection of Dell back issues in the country. It might be worth contacting them to see what they have on hand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

Do Gold Key/Whitman comics count as Dell?

They continued the numbering so sort of. BCT had a fuckload of those as well. In the late 90's they were well known for their selection. I know they still have an enormous inventory so if that's your thing hit them up. They also had a very large number of 50's humor books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So we should kill every last one of them before they retaliate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

No set them free to kill their slavers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And on the other hand, nerds glue gears to every piece of clothing they own.

• Locked thread