Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Congrats

I'm only 1 castle in to MNSG but I'm going to play a ton tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i meant to beat it on monday but i got pushed into a pit twice in the first room of the final castle and just turned it off lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I'm gonna stream a full run of GGA before the week's up just to see how fast I can beat it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I'm gonna stream a full run of GGA before the week's up just to see how fast I can beat it.

do the first side quest for beat mania cuz i could never jump between those floating sticks, i had no problems with other ones in the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

do the first side quest for beat mania cuz i could never jump between those floating sticks, i had no problems with other ones in the game

will do. I'm going to blow your mind

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

will do. I'm going to blow your mind
Bob said the same thing about the mine cart levels in DK2 and then proceeded to die 14 times in 5 minutes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone know why project 64 would suddenly refuse to load the MNSG rom? i restarted and the problem persisted. corrupted files or install, maybe?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mystical Ninja is running terribly for me, so I think I'll skip it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've got plans tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to marathon through GGA tomorrow. I downloaded it but haven't tested it in the emulator yet. Fingers crossed.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Been very busy so won't have time for this one I don't think. Might do a bit more in Mystical Ninja tonight, we'll see

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
mystical ninja crashed for me right after getting a loving gold cat, so i'm a little sour on it right now

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I don't know if we imps want to play another Castlevania game, but Rondo of Blood is a TurboGrafx game so maybe its worth putting to a vote. :shrug:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This game is kinda tricky but also pretty fun. Also this comment comes after only playing the first level. Okay bye.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
are we picking tonight?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried a few times to get into this game but I never gelled with it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

when you beat it theres demo videos of the characters running through the stages and it made the game look way more fun than actually playing it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are the towns required/integral to the game progression? If I were just trying to speed through the fun levels and not really fill myself up too much on the lore could I just skip them entirely?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I didn't do it because I didn't like the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just killed a fully decked out samurai knight by bonking him in the shin with a wooden spoon. Game seems pretty alright so far.

lmfao at the crawling animation

American McGay fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 11, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the first town has the chain pipe for goemon, and the second town has the microphone for ebisimaru, other than that and buyign stuff at the stores before boss levels and saving, they arent too important

theres sidequests in them where you can get entry passes, some are a pain in the rear end, some are easy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The first mech battle has taken like 2 hours longer than it feels like it should and my wife robot keeps accidentally shooting me and then finally when I got the boss low enough on heath it did some sort of weird charge attack that I couldn't dodge and took 100% of my health, restarting the fight.

Hmm...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

The first mech battle has taken like 2 hours longer than it feels like it should and my wife robot keeps accidentally shooting me and then finally when I got the boss low enough on heath it did some sort of weird charge attack that I couldn't dodge and took 100% of my health, restarting the fight.

Hmm...

pause and check the special moves, the repeated punches move should be used instead of normal punches, the down down z move is a big laser that works against moves the enemy is charging up

the r button coin toss is really a baton pass and you can switch to the other robot by throwing the coin to them, dodging big slow moves and also having its own pool of 500 hp

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i didnt know any of that in the first robot fight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to do the voting stream for the next game in about 2 hours, I just need to put everything together for it. After that I plan on doing a full run of GGA like I said earlier

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my nominations are devil's crush, magical chase, or air zonk [not air zone 2/super air zonk] for a tg16 game altho i won't be watching the stream, voting, or participating

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

my nominations are devil's crush, magical chase, or air zonk [not air zone 2/super air zonk] for a tg16 game altho i won't be watching the stream, voting, or participating

Thank you.

Also sorry all but my internet went out while I was getting ready for the stream and I'll probably need at least 30 minutes to prepare. Please understand

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
air zonk could be cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It seems that my internet is currently too unstable to handle streaming a still image, lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/evileagle

Alright, it seems to be working now, but the goemon run might have to come later. Voting begins whenever enough people show up

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Got other stuff to do tonight so I'm not gonna be able to finish this and gonna miss my first badge of the year. I had some fun early on but the platforming hell ramps up and it just gets kinda frustrating. I enjoyed the simple side scrolling and loved the basic combat mechanics, as well as exploring the levels looking for little secret areas. Kinda reminds me of an a lot worse Kirby game. I've never played any TG16 games so I'll leave it up to the professionals to pick something cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Due to technical difficulties we're just going to have a poll this time. Will post it shortly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cheering for valis

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:siren:Because this poll is so late, I'm going to let it run for 24-hours, starting now.:siren:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5KDWMVY

To avoid a tie, I did a ranking poll this time. Just choose the games in the order you think you'd want to play them. The game with the highest score once time is up will win. Once it's finished uploading I'll include an imgur album of all of the different covers for these games.

https://imgur.com/a/Rom5X

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 12, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how am i supposed to produced an ordered list of 18 tg16 games....

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

cheering for valis

the cd remake of 1 i hope since that's the best one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

the cd remake of 1 i hope since that's the best one

thats what i nominated

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I believe in you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

like this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l6om71Lhqw sd valis is cool because it's everything bad about the genesis in one package + the translators called it SYD OF VALIS so it sounds like syd barret is hallucinating the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

thats what i nominated

whew.

• Locked thread