Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Castlevania: Dracula X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Game 6 (March 12 - March 25): Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is a platform-adventure video game developed by Konami for the PC Engine's Super CD-ROM System directed by Toru Hagihara. It is set in the fictional universe of the Castlevania series, where the protagonist Richter Belmont goes to save his lover Annette, who was abducted by Dracula. It was released in Japan on October 29, 1993. A direct sequel to it, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was released in 1997. The game was remade for the Super Nintendo as Castlevania: Dracula X, and the PlayStation Portable as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. In 2008, the original game was released for the Wii's Virtual Console service in Japan and for the North American and PAL regions in 2010.

Badges
Gamer: Beat the Game as Richter
Imp: Beat the Game as Maria
TG-16 Badge: Beat any of the other suggestions

Please suggest SNES games now!

repost for new page since I always post these at the end of one lol

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 13, 2018

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Game 6 (March 12 - March 25): Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is a platform-adventure video game developed by Konami for the PC Engine's Super CD-ROM System directed by Toru Hagihara. It is set in the fictional universe of the Castlevania series, where the protagonist Richter Belmont goes to save his lover Annette, who was abducted by Dracula. It was released in Japan on October 29, 1993. A direct sequel to it, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was released in 1997. The game was remade for the Super Nintendo as Castlevania: Dracula X, and the PlayStation Portable as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. In 2008, the original game was released for the Wii's Virtual Console service in Japan and for the North American and PAL regions in 2010.

Badges
Gamer: Beat the Game as Richter
Imp: Beat the Game as Maria
TG-16 Badge: Beat any of the other suggestions

Please suggest SNES games now!

HYPE! Castlevania's always drat good and that list had lots of really cool games. I hadn't heard of most of them before this thread and look forward to diving into this delectable smorgasbord of retro gaming. Semper games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Putting Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3 in as SNES recs. They're both cool action RPGS, and if SD3 gets picked we could get some imp co-op going

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 14, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My SNES suggestion is Kirby's Dream Course. The badges are regular clear and then the EX clear or whatever it's called.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Metal Warriors.

Gamer: Beat the game.

Imp: Emerge victorious in a VS mode tournament.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Suggestion: Soul Blazer

Imp: idk there's noting really optional in this game but I still think people should play it cause it's really good.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

Suggestion: Soul Blazer

Imp: idk there's noting really optional in this game but I still think people should play it cause it's really good.

Imp could be beating sort-of-sequels Illusion of Gaia or Terranigma.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat mugen senshi valis its okay. the main challenge of the game is managing yuko's weird movement speed where she has a super slow walk speed but a high speed jump and slide. i played it a few years ago. its not terribly hard until you get until the last stage since there's no very few powerups and you lose them if you die AND you start with only half a life and magic bar. ideally you make it thru the game without dying and haning onto 3 S upgrades which is probably the best sword powerup at max power [very bad at level one tho fuuuu!] don't forget to make liberal use of the invinibility magic when you get it.

team wolf/telenet/riot know what ppl want thats right its a view of our heroine yuko's crotch everytime you jump and slide. eat poo poo feminazis and sjws!!! hell yeah!!!

https://files.catbox.moe/a0ryg2.mp4

four yukos eating toast out of 5 yukos eating toast

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Putting Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3 in as SNES recs. They're both cool action RPGS, and if SD3 gets picked we could get some imp co-op going

both kick serious rear end but might be too long for this, especially with endgame grinding in sd3. i vote one of

run saber
actraiser
evo: search for eden
turtles in time for imp co-op
secret of evermore maybe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6-ZG_JbUo8&t=1653s

the high point of the game is when a flamboyantly gay horse mech [?] respectfully welcomes to to "red hot, beautiful hell" and then tells you that he will kill you beautifully

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

for the love of god no action rpgs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

both kick serious rear end but might be too long for this, especially with endgame grinding in sd3. i vote one of

run saber
actraiser
evo: search for eden
turtles in time for imp co-op
secret of evermore maybe

having recently played evo search for eden its not very good and i dont recommend it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

having recently played evo search for eden its not very good and i dont recommend it

its really bad, all you do fight the same enemies over and over to get the exp to upgrade your teeth altho it IS cool to be a small rat with scales and sharp teeth how eats the last remaining dinosaurs. THE problem is you have to eat those dinosaurs 10,000 times to beat the bosses

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

its really bad, all you do fight the same enemies over and over to get the exp to upgrade your teeth altho it IS cool to be a small rat with scales and sharp teeth how eats the last remaining dinosaurs. THE problem is you have to eat those dinosaurs 10,000 times to beat the bosses

and lots of the bosses rely on you keeping them in a stun lock to beat them by design. very ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i liked it when i played it but that was like 10 years ago, idk. ok maybe like cybernator or something instead

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6-ZG_JbUo8&t=1653s

the high point of the game is when a flamboyantly gay horse mech [?] respectfully welcomes to to "red hot, beautiful hell" and then tells you that he will kill you beautifully

quote:

Know as Fantasm Soldier Valis or 夢幻戦士 ヴァリス, but commonly refered as Valis.

Valis never wanted to be something extremely new game, not used unique elements or original story twist, nor anything that different things. Yet, Mugen Senshi Valis is the best game ever produced in this genre. Most people only knows the Ninja Ryukenden / Ninja Gaiden, however Valis always had more emotional content as well more lovely style that no one can ignore. If the perfect game exist, then this is it. Miss Blue.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

live a live
brain lord
simcity
robotrek
pocky and rocky

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
every Valis game sucks but they mostly suck for unique reasons

Psycho Dream is a Valis-style game by the Valis team that sucks less than real Valis

Ghost Sweeper Mikami is another Valis-style game by better developers and it's not bad but it takes a level or two to really get going

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i liked it when i played it but that was like 10 years ago, idk. ok maybe like cybernator or something instead

I love Cybernator but it's a very easy game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

every Valis game sucks but they mostly suck for unique reasons

Psycho Dream is a Valis-style game by the Valis team that sucks less than real Valis

Ghost Sweeper Mikami is another Valis-style game by better developers and it's not bad but it takes a level or two to really get going

ghost sweeper mikami is cool

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I beat Ys I & II a while back. They were good but had the Ys problems of mandatory grinding and bosses that are impossible if you're one level below expected and trivial if you're one level above.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I beat Ys I & II a while back. They were good but had the Ys problems of mandatory grinding and bosses that are impossible if you're one level below expected and trivial if you're one level above.

Ys II is incredible just for the fact that you can talk to the enemies in that game and every single one has unique dialog. Not just every enemy type, but every individual enemy

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Imp for rondo should be a time limit, so people who have beaten this game a triple digit number of times can give a poo poo.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fantastic game, but I'll tbh I had to save scum my way through the later stages. and I was very disappointed to learn Richter's item crashes aren't nearly as OP as they were in SotN.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
cool, you didn't beat it, do it properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im literally never finishing these on time because i spend most of the 2 weeks sourcing the equipment to play these games on original hardware and this guy is using save states and trying to claim a badge :eng99:

• Locked thread