Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

reserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

It’s loving brutal how in this game you always respawn with 3 hearts. Either you gotta drop 40 rupees on a potion every time you die or you spend 20 minutes grinding for seldom dropped hearts

you shouldnt have cancelled that nintendo power subscription

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

So you already beat it?

this isnt dark souls...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh man, actually beating Super Hang On....

i also have the cartridge of it, a genesis and an arcade stick for it so that sounds like a badass excuse to break it all out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ui didnt know there was a vote

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Maestro posted:

I have fond memories of not getting very far in SotN as a kid, gonna have to try to emulate it.

I was also going to suggest Dynamite Headdy. A drat hard game for me as a kid. I think I still have the cartridge.

I rented Comix Zone so many times and could never beat the boss because the gf would die.

How about Virtual Bart? What a terrible and frustrating game. Had the honor of introducing that to a friend a couple years ago and seeing it drive him insane until he actually beat it, the madman!

how about a good game so people want to play it instead you loving freak

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have a super hang on cartridge with the original game on it so i vote that so i actually play this one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Original and Arcade should be on the same cartridge. Arcade is the original game and Original is a new mode for the console versions. Weird naming

ok awesome, i dont care then

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when super nintendo rolls around can i recommend demons crest since played it for the first time last week and want everyone else to experience how epic it is. its good for this setup because it has 3 different endings (final boss, true boss and a bullshit secret boss)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

girlfriend is sleeping on the couch tonight, its time to do some crt gaming

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I think you should do Donkey Kong 94

I'd probably play that one

godlike game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

*flipping through my gameboy cartridge collection ive had since i was a child with full complete saves still on them* i also think everyone should also consider bomberman vs wario, wario land or kirbys dreamland

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

How about Wario Land. Regular badge: beat the game, Imp badge: get all the treasures and get the Wario planet ending

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

tetris

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! It's a weird Wario-themed Bomberman game for the Game Boy with a story mode, bosses, etc. I don't think a lot of people have played it, and it's pretty interesting. I doubt it will get a ton of votes, but it would be cool.

thats one of the games i mentioned because i could easily cheat by opening up the manual i have with every password still written in it so a big thumbs up from this gamer

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yes, there's even a display mode where you see the cabinet around the screen and the view tilts as you turn as if you were sitting on the motorcycle controller

:staredog:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im about to set up the genesis and game super hang on actually. arcadr racing games ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Do it in jackbox

i was going to say the same thing. bracketeering ftw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

congratulations on me buying a super gameboy but forgetting to switch ebay accounts so i ordered with the work one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

explaing to my girlfriend why my sd2snes that has giving me a lifetime of gaming at my fingertips isnt enough and i also need a super gameboy and a flashcart for that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gamer

imp

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no idea, firebrand is canonically red lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Glad you suggested it because its cool so far. Probably going to play GQ, GQ2 and Demon's Crest over these 2 weeks.

make sure you get the true boss in demons crest because otherwise the last battle is extremely unsatisfying lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

whoops somehow i ended up in my local retro game store and had a super game boy in my hands and now im at home with it

:cheers:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mine was $20 australian dollars off ebay which is how ill explain it was a bargain while i order a $90 USD everdrive-gb from krikzz

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goldeneye

gamer: dam 53
imp: dam 52

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

n64 kinda sucks

basically every game i want to play on it is multiplayer lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

maybe excitebike 64 or blast corps? im looknig through a list of n64 games and not getting much lol.... shadowman???

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I played a gently caress ton of Excitebike 64, but I think the game runs at like 12fps.

thats the worswt thing about that era of games to me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pokemon snap

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

most n64 games are classics is the most insane thing i've ever read

i think he worded it in a wierd way and meant to say that most of the games that people would want to play on the n64 theyve already played

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in that giant bomb top 100 games where dk64 is #1 the guy just starts trashing every single game after like #20

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

New entry: Mario Party 3 Story mode

i wasnt aware that was a thing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the framerate in that level is deliberate, they wanted it to be slow so they literally just slowed it down

lol this cant be true

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

but funnily enough gargoyles quest 2 is a prequel

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Well it took forever but I managed to beat Phalanx without any potions and got my password to get to the real ending. Definitely saving that for later because Phalanx's last phase was extremely brutal.

the last phase of phalanx is some satisfying gaming once you master the pattern. dark demon is straight up bullshit and thanks to the password system you have to grind for potions before each attempt lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i missed it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

It's been 13 minutes

it turns out my forum clock is set wrong so i still managed to miss it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007