Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm in. Well I won't be able to do this first game but future weeks I should be able to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've always wanted to try Crash Bandicoot but idk if it's actually any good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BS Zelda is cool. Especially the voice acting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lot of good games on that list, voted for Crash simply because I've never played it and wouldn't mind a reason to check it out. MGS1 would be cool too, to try and do a challenge run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SOTN is epic and I play through it a few times a year now since it's so quick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard it's good but haven't played it myself. I'll be playing the Saturn version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, and it's the original release so you get the godly credit music that they removed from every other version due to licensing issues.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’ve only played for twenty minutes so w/e

So you already beat it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i just looked at the manual to check how i would need to map this on vita if it used R2 or L2 and saw

Alucard (Real name: Adrian Farenheights Tepes)

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have this installed on my Vita and can play. I'll start later today, and may try a 99 Luck Run bc I've never done it before. This game is incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol. Speaking of control mapping I think I'm going to try doing my play-through with an arcade stick.

I do this when I play richter so it's easier to do his dashes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

The gamer badge includes inverted castle right? And same for Richter?

It says All Bosses right there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Orville posted:

I’ll be playing the Saturn version so I can play the terrible bonus areas and have way worse loading and play as Maria. Thank you for listening

Maria has cool summons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The same could be said ALL religions!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Richter mode is really easy, especially all bosses because you get so powerful with each boss kill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i love the stupid genre name "metroidvania" because while theyre both great games super metroid is a precise lovingly crafted gem and sotn is an insane mess of including anything they could think of or get their hands on

Lol yeah. It's such a shame that Sony put out a "no 2d games" policy shortly after this because there's an alternate history where devs kept making incredible spritework for decades I

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ptarmigans posted:

I started this on Vita but I'm getting some pretty frequent hitches. The game stops for a split second and then resumes again. Is this something that other people have come across? It's happening multiple times a minute.
It's the PSOne Classic version rather than the Dracula X Chronicles version.

This happens to me if I've had a game installed for more than a year. Try reinstalling it, that usually fixes any issue I'm having.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ptarmigans posted:

Thanks! I'll give this a go. It has been installed for more than a year, seems like a strange issue.

I think it happens with the bigger memory cards, I never had the problem until i bought a 16GB Card. I think the proprietary memory cards are just tremendously bad and starting to fail in their lifecycle already. Sometimes I turn the system on and it doesn't even recognize the memory.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget which of the portable ones it is but they filled the castle with furniture collectibles and you get your own room that you can fill with crap and just sit in for no reason. It's wonderful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I voted for Crash.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania Bloodlines sucks. But what do I know, I voted for Crash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The genesis version of Virtua Fighter, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PSX emulators don't need to boot discs or anything. ePSXe or w/e just works like snes emulators and stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could also buy a Vita tv for like 20 bucks probably and play ps1 games on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's one wall that I think is bullshit and required but yeah otherwise they're really good at cleverly designing hints into the environment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Brainstorming future consoles right now. Thinking about game 6 being Sega CD and game 7 as Super NES. How does everyone feel about PC freeware/abandonware and arcade for future games?

are there enough good Sega CD games to even have a vote

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna start this tonight btw. Still torn on doing Luck or Normal but it sounds like Luck makes things a bit more fun for the returning player, so I guess I'll do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deep Fear is cool. Enemy Zero is nearly unplayable but it's a rad concept and presentation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It takes so long to kill anything at the beginning of luck mode but hopefully I find a better weapon soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Orville posted:

With good timing you can get the basilard early. Also, just unlocked the upside down castle. Hoooipe. Think I had a full clear of the first dungeon but I need to double check.

Oh right, I forgot about the basilard. Off to fight the guys from Rondo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started a new file not on luck mode bc it's been a while since I last played through this. I'll try luck again after I finish normal+Richter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going into "calm freak out" mode after you finally reach the top of that big stairway/bell tower climb on the left side of the castle and a crow knocks you back down into that ghost sword lady and you get shredded

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Stared Richter just now and I don't think this is true. Doing consistent damage to enemies after a few bosses.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different Belmont mode...maybe in one of the GBA ones?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just thought about the portrait of ruin bonus mode that gave you nearly infinite flight + you just tapped on enemies to kill them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When alucard thinks of the CVIII sprite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I'm glad I failed The Climb on my first attempt because a stair knight dropped a Damascus Sword and this thing rips.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I checked out the tcrf page for this bc I figured it'd be cool ( https://tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Symphony_of_the_Night_(PlayStation) ) wildest thing is that instead of unlocking sound test the 196%+ reward in JP version was interviews with voice actors. Pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I voted Shinobi III because I love that game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget where to go after you get bat. I went to olrox but I still haven't gone down into the water cavern...hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobalt Viper posted:

Which one was the one with the really weird and bad top-down sections between every level? I'm guessing that was the SNES one as a hamfisted way to showcase mode7.

Yeah that was alien wars and those sections kicked rear end IMO. They were just kind of hard to control

• Locked thread