Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Trophy Case Post

American McGay fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Not sure I want to even attempt the 2nd Quest, as this was frustratingly difficult even when I knew where everything was. Also gently caress the red candle being its own item and not just being able to spam the regular candle all over the place.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like I remember it being in the upper right somewhere but honestly death mountain is such a maze to me that I could be completely wrong.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Easiest way would be to trek to the nearest fairy fountain but yeah it basically kills any chance you have in a dungeon run if you die.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

Probably half of those deaths were in dungeon 6 in second quest because I was suicide running in with 3 hearts just to try and find the way to the boss, because I overlooked a pushable block.

drat, so close.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Voted THPS2 because it's one of my favorite games of all time, although I've never actually played the PSX version. I have a feeling that SOTN is gonna win which sucks because I just started my yearly playthrough of the greatest Castlevania game of all time, Aria of Sorrow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's a hint but it's extremely ambiguous and just mentions a location and doesn't explain anything about a sword. Good luck.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

Zelda 1 100% Race about to start up on AGDQ, should be good.
Nice. How'd it go?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll have to catch the VOD of it. It would be extra interesting to watch having just played through it myself a few days ago.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only version I've actually played is the XBLA version but my 360 is burried in a box somewhere.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

ive played the classic vanias on NES and SNES and aria of sorrow, but this is hailed as The Best and inspired slews of games so im excited to finally get around to it.
AoS is the best actually. This one doesn't have numbers pop up when you hit enemies so you have no idea how much stronger you are than you were before.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only Genesis game I've ever played is some sort of co-op war game called General Chaos that I played online with some kid from a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater forum in 2002, so that gets my vote.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

how about a good game so people want to play it instead you loving freak
Week 1: The Legend of Zelda
Week 2: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Week 3: Virtual Bart

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sector_corrector posted:

i got to the point where i realized i had to download a loving ISO burner to make the rom into something playable and i stopped for the evening. really wish i still had a console.

It took like 3 minutes to get it up and running on my MacBook Air. You have no excuse.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there a relic in this game that makes secret passages visible? I know there's one in AoS so I'd assume there is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm gonna restart this and try luck mode since that seems like it'd be more fun and I've already beaten the game (albeit on an Xbox 360 like 8 years ago).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

my mind was blown when I got to the second castle. what a fantastic game
Imagine I searched for and quoted the in_training :staredog: from the Castlevania thread.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sewer Shark

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't even know there was a Contra for Genesis, so I want to see it. I played the SNES one a bunch even though I sucked at it.
Which one was the one with the really weird and bad top-down sections between every level? I'm guessing that was the SNES one as a hamfisted way to showcase mode7.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember my first playthrough ever on the 360 like 8 years ago knowing nothing about the game I got the crissaegrim fairly early on and was actually taken aback by how OP it was and was kinda confused and I actually stopped using it for a little bit because it felt like cheating but then I just equipped it again and embraced my steamroller persona for the rest of the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulSpunkySalmonPartyTime

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Luck mode is so much fun. Critting bosses for 200 damage ftw.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

i sat at a confessional with incredibly eerie music and a woman sat down and stabbed me with a spear. also this game has the best walking animations
https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedIronicMarjoramPMSTwin

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Aria is one of my favorite video games of all time and imho the best Castletroid ever made.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The graphics, particularly the weird outlines around every single sprite, are pretty jarring coming from literally every other Castlevania game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Your animal spirits can be upgraded later.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also

https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticAttractiveEyeballJonCarnage

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's insane to me the amount steps required to unlock the "2nd part" of this game and get the true ending. The game very vaguely hints at things the whole way through but it's entirely possible that like 80% of the people who played it (back before the internet existed) only got to experience like 40% of the content in it and walked away thinking they beat the whole game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Woke up early this morning and decided to go back through and 100% the map and get all the items and stuff. Such a fun game to play even after you've already completed everything.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
GB/GBC has way too many good games to choose just one, but if we're fitting it in with the Game Club and want to keep some diversity from the games we've already played, I'd have to go with DK94. That or Super Mario Land 2: The 6 Golden Coins.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Pokémon: The Trading Card Game game :trollface:
Not to be put on some sort of list or anything but I remember liking that game when it came out.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
idk about the GBC versions but the GBA versions are some of the greatest games ever made.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
tfw you crash 3 times in the final section but still finish with 3 seconds to spare.

Africa was tense as hell but at least I was able to learn the stages after a while and figure out what sections I can smash the boost on. I can't imagine doing something 3x as long as that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Asia was surprisingly easy, got it on like my 2nd or 3rd try. Feel link I'm jinxing myself here but oh well. One more to go.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Orville posted:

Thanks to all the fags from GBS and games who voted for super hang on instead of shadowrun and now this thread is dead
And yet it still lasted 5 more weeks than yours.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This thread is for playing good fun games from different systems. If I had to devote 6 hours every 2 weeks to playing through an action/adventure game with RPG elements I'd get bored of the concept pretty quick. Variety is good. Super Hang-On is good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

If I were playing this on 3DS I probably would have chucked the thing out the window and halfway across the street.

Not only is traffic a loving nightmare on America but the last 2 stages are complete troll jobs. I'm glad this is two weeks long because I don't think I can handle trying again right now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
IT IS DONE

Also some badges if we don't have any already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sudden Javelin posted:

Congrats. I made some badges earlier but yours are better. Are you going for Europe too? I've gotten to stage 12
I didn't even want to attempt it but since there's still plenty of time left I might give it a look later.

• Locked thread