Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sotn:

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Orville posted:

I know why you didn’t vote for MGS

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i forgot to suggest this earlier but legend of mana or vagrant story might be cool for this too. maybe next time psx comes around

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

voted sotn too, think i'm gonna try the 99 luck bad stats game this time around

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

richter galamoth for imp badge :twisted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

doin luck run for my alucard run, ive never done it before and it sounds neat. here we goooo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

luck modes interesting, at the beginning theres no room for error basically at all, but im already drowning in drops and money. cool twist on the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super jealous of everyone playing ths for the first time. seriously dont look anything up at all, its such a cool game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ps luck mode pwns, jjust got a ring of varda to drop killing paranthropus without any kind of grinding. game over

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i love the stupid genre name "metroidvania" because while theyre both great games super metroid is a precise lovingly crafted gem and sotn is an insane mess of including anything they could think of or get their hands on

yeah lol, theres only a handful of relics tht actually increase your movement or damage capabilities, a lot of thm are flavor stuff like damage numbers/enemy names or straight stat bumps or keys. its more about the exploration and finding cool loot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

man, you guys are making me want to play this again

so fuckin do it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg th first schmoo i killed dropped a crissaegrim

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Orville posted:

The priest will do a few different things. You can watch a bird have a family and the chicks grow up as well

i just noticed that one this game and it was so cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

They really ramp things up in the second castle, Jesus Christ

the frst 10 or 15 rooms in the second castle is the coolest part of the game by far

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ee just wants to make everyone play sonic cd

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

now for richter

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Is galamoth the giant lightning guy? I always had to cheese him with the item that makes you absorb lightning damage, doing him in Richter mode scares me.

richter mode you cn get behind his head with a dash and whip him to death but it probably takes one million years

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

The more I play this game the more I realize what an absolute god-tier game it is. I think I might try Richter mode after I beat it as Alucard.

its seriously fuckin great, one of my favorite games ever. definitely do richter mode, its super cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

you can also curse him

and stopwatch him

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

actually maybe fishmen don't drop gems? i'll go to the collieseum room with the $1000 bag

they definitely do

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Isn't soul steal just hcf+P. That's one of the easier ones to do

its b hcb f+P i thnk, i had a lot of trouble doing that one this run. sword brothers fucks with me the most, its hcu (hold u) d+P and i always gently caress up the timing or something

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

do richter mode asap, its so fuckin cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

It goes way faster since you all your movement tech is unlocked from the start and Richter doesn't have any upgrades except for life max up. Plus you should be pretty familiar with the map already.

yeah if you just beeline the ending you can knock the whole thing out in like 20 minutes if you dont die much and even all bosses only takes a couple hours

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao wrong. dont read this if you dont want the game broken bob if you hit down nd jump after a double jump you'll go into a dive kick and if you hit an enemy you'll jump off of them and can do another double jump

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah its a fine enough game, the other gba games are just way better

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wario land/WL2 sounds best to me but theres a bomberman game for gbc called bomberman quest that i remember being pretty cool. couldnt beat it as a kid because the cartridge failed halfway through but it's a link's awakening style thing where you go around and collect items and such. remember liking it a lot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

id move for like an older pc game slot. nothing later than like 2005 but somethin like doom or quake would be perfect for this. or la-mulana...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Your choice between Goemon's Great Adventure, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon or both.

drat, good choices imps

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

eagerly awaitng imps getting to the second boss fight of mystic ninja

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i only know like two of these games so i dont feel remotely qualified to vote. ganbatte to all games involved though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

vote for magical chase from Quest before they made the ogre series of games and then joined square to make ff tactics, including a gr8 soundtrack from sakamoto and the other guy who wrote the ogre and fft soundtracks

:staredog: ok

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Putting Terranigma and Seiken Densetsu 3 in as SNES recs. They're both cool action RPGS, and if SD3 gets picked we could get some imp co-op going

both kick serious rear end but might be too long for this, especially with endgame grinding in sd3. i vote one of

run saber
actraiser
evo: search for eden
turtles in time for imp co-op
secret of evermore maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i liked it when i played it but that was like 10 years ago, idk. ok maybe like cybernator or something instead

• Locked thread