Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I've been travelling and just saw this. Still gonna give it a try today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i'm on level 3 now, with the blue ring and the white sword. i'm not gonna have enough time to finish this. if i'd seen it a day before i could have made it. all the more excited for the next challenge

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

pretty sure i have this on Vita, but as an unlockable in another Castlevania game.

Sega Genesis suggestions:

Gunstar Heroes
Rocket Knight Adventures
Ys III: Wanderers from Ys
Comix Zone
Earthworm Jim
Shadowrun
Alien Storm
Mazin Saga: Mutant Fighter

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this game is so good and im glad to play it again after all these years

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Super Mario Land. How many people have played it all the way through? No save states goes without saying.

Playing through a Zelda game would be neat. Awakening or the Oracle games. Imp run would be to do a 3 heart challenge.

I've never played the Final Fantasy Legend games or Final Fantasy Adventure and would like to try them. Not sure if it makes for a good challenge or not.

Dragon Warrior Monsters could make for an interesting not-Pokémon RPG challenge.

Gargoyle's Quest is a fun action game where you play as a literal imp from hell.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah Gargoyle's Quest

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Glad you suggested it because its cool so far. Probably going to play GQ, GQ2 and Demon's Crest over these 2 weeks.

I really like the top-down RPG style mixed with the platforming. Plus, playing on the side of the monsters in the Dark Realm/Hell World or whatever is always cool.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Spacestation Silicon Valley is a weird game not nearly enough people have played. I think there were issues with emulating it, but they've been fixed now. It has hidden items in every level, and getting all of them could be the Imp trophy. However, one of the trophies you're supposed to get is bugged, so it has to be cheated into the game to get the final ending. Not being able to unlock it as a kid was incredibly frustrating. Your character just passes through it. It could be fixed with a game genie, but I never had one.

I also back all and any of the Goemon games on the N64. They're all incredibly fun. I've only played through Mystical Ninja to the end and I absolutely love it, but Great Adventure is a lot of fun as well. Revisiting Mystical Ninja would be awesome.

I've never played Ogre Battle 64, so it would be great if it was chosen, but if it's too long it's maybe not a great idea. But now I'm going to see if I can track it down and try it.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

having a blast playing Gargoyle's Quest. if i clear it i'll start on 2, but i think i'll play the NES version since i have that on 3ds. might disqualify me but i'll never beat both games lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Also it has awesome cover art

this is so fuckin rad

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

And that's the trilogy. I definitely had to use potions on the true final boss but one day I want to try it without them. I wish that there were more of these games...

agreed and goongrats on clearing these good games

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

disqualify anyone without all 18 games listed

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Game 6 (March 12 - March 25): Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is a platform-adventure video game developed by Konami for the PC Engine's Super CD-ROM System directed by Toru Hagihara. It is set in the fictional universe of the Castlevania series, where the protagonist Richter Belmont goes to save his lover Annette, who was abducted by Dracula. It was released in Japan on October 29, 1993. A direct sequel to it, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was released in 1997. The game was remade for the Super Nintendo as Castlevania: Dracula X, and the PlayStation Portable as Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. In 2008, the original game was released for the Wii's Virtual Console service in Japan and for the North American and PAL regions in 2010.

Badges
Gamer: Beat the Game as Richter
Imp: Beat the Game as Maria
TG-16 Badge: Beat any of the other suggestions

Please suggest SNES games now!

HYPE! Castlevania's always drat good and that list had lots of really cool games. I hadn't heard of most of them before this thread and look forward to diving into this delectable smorgasbord of retro gaming. Semper games.

• Locked thread