Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Badges

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Orville posted:

This, or the original MGS

MGS would be cool, I just bought it for Vita a few weeks ago

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I use BizHawk personally

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress Darknuts and Wizzrobes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First quest down. This was the first time I've actually beaten the original TLOZ, I always petered out some time in the last few dungeons. I'm not sure if I'll tackle the second quest

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I voted SotN because once again I've never actually beaten it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is the version that you can unlock in Dracula X Chronicles a decent port or should I just go with the PS1 Classic version? I know the Dracula X port has new voice acting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Orville posted:

I know why you didn’t vote for MGS

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i forgot to suggest this earlier but legend of mana or vagrant story might be cool for this too. maybe next time psx comes around

Threads of Fate would be a cool choice too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MGS would be solid too even though I’ve beaten it like five times. I bought the classic recently to play on Vita anyway

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it's a fine port and the additions/changes won't really matter if you've never played the game before but I'm guessing most people will be playing the original version

I've played it, just never beaten it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Mocking the missing heart right now

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Gonna be playing the XBLA version of SOTN.... finally, a reason to play Xbox One again

I always forget that exists. Is it a decent port? I’ll be playing the version you unlock in Dracula X Chronicles since I already have it on PSN.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sudden Javelin posted:

Beat second quest but in my haste to finish up and play FE Warriors with my gf I didn't take a pic. Please take my word instead. I am a man of good character.

Looking forward to SotN. I've mainly played classic Vania, only metroidy one I've played is order of ecclesia but I really enjoyed it. Is SotN downloadable on ps3??

Yeah

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-NPUJ00067_00-0000000000000001?code=qWd7tr&state=returning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skeezy posted:

Yeah the PSOne classic version is available for PS3, PSP, and Vita. You also have the Dracula X one for PSP but you need to be DX first to unlock SotN.

You only have to play a few stages and collect an item to unlock SotN, you could also just download a save that has it unlocked

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Looking forward to starting this evening

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

is there any way to play this on PC aside from emulation?

No, but PSX emulation is good and easy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I decided to actually unlock it in Dracula X Chronicles instead of downloading a save. I’ve played the intro a million times and it’s always badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just beat the Doppelganger. What an rear end in a top hat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Scylla Wyrm was a cool fakeout. This game owns a lot, I can’t believe I always gave up so early

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I sat down at a confessional and the priest stabbed the hell out of me :stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh hell yeah, got double jump now. It’s on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven’t had much of a problem navigating around the castle. Even though it’s a giant maze the way that areas loop around and connect to one another is pretty logical and I haven’t felt the need to consult a guide at all. What an incredibly well-designed game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The environmental details in this game are epic. I got to the Colosseum and there's a room with a huge bloody butcher's knife hanging and a table, and the next room has a butchered behemoth corpse

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I voted for Crash.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve been playing a ton since I got home today, I just beat Orlox. He was an rear end in a top hat. Being a bat owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Dynamite Headdy is a good Genesis/Treasure game . It's on Steam & the Wii eshop too

That's a good choice I think, I've only played a little but it was cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I looked up a video of Shadowrun gameplay and it has the most Sega Genesis music imaginable

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Exploring the castle is epic as hell. I love this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The game does a really good job of hinting at which areas are inaccessible but might be accessible later. Since I got the bat power I’ve been going around exploring and finding new poo poo. I’m pretty sure I’m at the point where I could fight the “final” boss (I know about the second castle but after Orlox I saw what looked like the traditional Castlevania staircase to the last boss) but I want to explore as much as possible

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I was getting owned by Richter and I couldn't even hurt him so I spent a bunch of time exploring everywhere I could with all the movement abilities and I found entire new areas with bosses I'd never seen before, found a couple of rings that let me open up the floor in the clock room where I fought Maria who gave me glasses that let me see an orb that was controlling him :stare: This loving game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So now I'm in the inverted castle. I've watched multiple GDQ runs of SotN but I apparently didn't absorb anything because most things have been new to me and it feel pretty epic to explore and find secrets

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

the room with two armor lords, 6 bone muskets, and 2 blade soldiers in the colesseum is ridiculous with low health

I had to cheese that room with the sub-weapon that lets you shoot lightning bolts if you hold down square

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol I put my Vita down for a second and when I looked back I got really confused because everything is upside down.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They really ramp things up in the second castle, Jesus Christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey, remember that awesome castle you just explored? How about we give it to you again, but it's upside down so you have to entirely rethink how to navigate it, and it's full of entirely new enemies and bosses

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beelzebub took me a few tries until I figured out the trick Don't go for what looks like the easy route and attack his feet since that will spawn more flies, gravity jump up and attack his body right away

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sega CD has the best version of Mickey Mania which is a pretty deece game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

are there actually any cool saturn exclusives? i've never played a saturn game in my life, so this is a big blank spot for me

Nope, none at all *smiles through teeth as unseen figure holds a gun to my back*

• Locked thread