Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Reserved. Great resurrection of a great idea.
Badges:

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I suggested it in the last incarnation of the club, but I still think Intelligent Qube would be a good PSX choice

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Syncopated posted:

We didn't have a NES so I've never played this. Thinking about getting it on my 3DS, I suppose it's good?

It's the best Zelda game ever made

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just accidentally lost an hour and a half of progress when trying to make a save state at the end of my gaming session :doh:. I'll have to start from the top again...

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I uncovered dungeon 8. I found a room full of blue darknuts and just hit pause to take a small Zelda break. I can't handle this right now.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

First quest beaten!!
What a great game. Definitely my favorite Zelda.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

second thought? look at the key count

That was my first thought

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

i just went through level 6 in 2nd quest and i think i didnt fight a single wizzrobe, just ran through every room theyre in, sick of their poo poo

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I don't think I've ever beaten Richter mode so I'm going to try for that this time around.

Genesis suggestions:
Super Fantasy Zone
Super Hang On
Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Seconding:
Rocket Knight Adventures
Monster World IV

Spoderman fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 15, 2018

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

goferchan posted:

Dynamite Headdy is a good Genesis/Treasure game . It's on Steam & the Wii eshop too

Ooh that's a good one

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

yes!!!!

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Vote for Super Hang On because it's the best game on the genesis

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just beat Galamoth. now it feels like when you've figured out the last hard clue in a crossword puzzle and are filling in the rest of the squares with extreme ease

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Beat the game. So much fun every time. Now on to Richter mode.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I'd say Arcade mode since it's the more classic Super Hang On experience

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

If you need encouragement, I spent my entire first race holding brake rather than accelerate and wondering how on earth the time limit could be physically possible

I've managed to beat Africa after that shameful beginning so if you are able to find the acceleration first time you should crush it

Lol. Congrats. I just ran out of time a few feet short of the finish line in Asia last night, so I'll get back to it today and hopefully move on to the USA course.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

Asia isn't too bad. There's a section near the end which is almost entirely boostable, I wanna say part 8 or 9. It's like a long straight with a slight curve

I love getting to that part, it's such a nice relief after the really tough parts that come before

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

I was gonna play Super Hang On bc i thought it was in that genesis collection ons team i bought for a dollar but its not in there. Ah well

You should download a rom or get the good 3DS port. It's a really fun game and worth a play, just to see if you like it

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just crushed the Asia course with a solid time. I kept thinking "don't gently caress it up" during the final stage. Onto America.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

id move for like an older pc game slot. nothing later than like 2005 but somethin like doom or quake would be perfect for this. or la-mulana...

Ooh yeah. Maybe cave story as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Was this anybody's number 1 or was it just in a bunch of top 3s? I'll probably play it, but I'm just curious.

• Locked thread