Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049. Pretty drat awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049. Pretty drat awesome.

poo poo’s gonna look so good in 4K :swoon:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
This winter in Washington has been amazing. Hasn’t rained much, isn’t too cold, rarely windy, a decent amount of sunlight for this time of year and we had snow on Christmas.

Last winter it pretty much rained everyday for like 3 months straight.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Guess who's getting his upper wisdom teeth removed (i'm 31)

gently caress

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Any of you dads do any homebrewing? My sister bought me some equipment a few years ago, but I never actually wound up using it (stupid me, I know). I figure two months and change should be enough time get a clue or two and maybe, maybe pull a somewhat-drinkable stout out of my rear end in time for St. Patty's Day. Any ideas, tips, namecalling?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nice and hot piss posted:

gently caress

I had all four pulled in basic. :shepface:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mad Dragon posted:

I had all four pulled in basic. :shepface:

gently caress that.

I'm just getting two, planning on going with just local sedation, maybe nitrous if it's free.

Can't argue though, $30 for each tooth removal thanks to insurance.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god drat i love the cold

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Nah it sucks rear end, bring back the 90+ heat

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god drat i love the cold

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

brand engager posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

brand engager posted:

this

poo poo's been like -14F here and gently caress everything about that.

gimme 90F with like 90% humidity over this poo poo, at least then if I'm outside I can peep summer butts

i can't even see butts right now

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Naked Bear posted:

Any of you dads do any homebrewing? My sister bought me some equipment a few years ago, but I never actually wound up using it (stupid me, I know). I figure two months and change should be enough time get a clue or two and maybe, maybe pull a somewhat-drinkable stout out of my rear end in time for St. Patty's Day. Any ideas, tips, namecalling?

Hi, I can give more info later if you have specific questions, but I totally still homebrew and have for the last 5 years.

I don’t have a specific stout recipe, but they go pretty quick so if you started one in the next two weeks it should be ready to drink by St. Paddy’s no problem.
Get a copy of “Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew” https://www.amazon.com/dp/0937381926/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VObtAbKVMTMB3

Probably one of the beat books for learning how to make beers according to style.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nice and hot piss posted:

gently caress

I was 35 when I had all four of mine pulled. The dentist had to cut into my jaw muscles to get to the bottom roots. I was laid up for like two weeks afterwards. poo poo was pretty miserable. Good luck with yours.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I opted to stay awake and just have the anesthetic and sedative. The sedative made me feel like I'd been drinking and then I slept through all 4 being pulled. The percocet or whatever they gave me to take afterwards gave me horrible headaches and nausea so I had to trash it all.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god drat i love the cold

Lucky you

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/948360778469597184

I don’t mind the cold; I just want some huge blizzard to go along with it so I can go romp with my dog in the snow, ride my fat bike to my friends’ places and have them feed me beers as I do my “neighborhood watch”, then come home and drink hot chocolate spiked with bourbon by the fire with my girlfriend.

I so do hope I get to combine riding around the city on my loving awesome adventure bike with hanging out with my loving awesome dog in the snow this winter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

getting snow thursday

poo poo yessssssss

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

bengy81 posted:

Hi, I can give more info later if you have specific questions, but I totally still homebrew and have for the last 5 years.

I don’t have a specific stout recipe, but they go pretty quick so if you started one in the next two weeks it should be ready to drink by St. Paddy’s no problem.
Get a copy of “Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew” https://www.amazon.com/dp/0937381926/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VObtAbKVMTMB3

Probably one of the beat books for learning how to make beers according to style.
Word. I'll check that out, thanks!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

brand engager posted:

I opted to stay awake and just have the anesthetic and sedative. The sedative made me feel like I'd been drinking and then I slept through all 4 being pulled. The percocet or whatever they gave me to take afterwards gave me horrible headaches and nausea so I had to trash it all.

Jesus, it sounds like I am trying to one up you. I just had a lovely Navy dentist experience where they gave local anesthesia and took almost 5 hours to pull all four. Dentist tried to back out once it took two hours to get the first two teeth but I told him I was never coming back so it was now or never.

He wound up cutting a bunch of my jaw muscle on each side to get the roots from the bottom teeth and I spent two weeks recovering with Tylenol and Advil for pain management.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:drat:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I don't remember much from getting my wisdom teeth taken out in high school, but whatever anesthesia they used apparently turned me into a giant rear end in a top hat. I tried to rip out the IV on the top of my hand multiple times and struggled so much that the mouth opener dug in and caused cuts.

A day later when the surgeon's office called to check-in, I apologized on behalf of my rear end in a top hat self. Later that night, I watched Godfather Part II on the couch and my vicodinbrain absolutely could not understand the timehops.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Snow is fun outside of the arctic circle.
I'll take snow over Florida humidity anyday.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The one time I had a wisdom tooth taken out the dentist was reaching into my mouth with a pair of pliers while I could hear his assistant off to the side going "oh... oh my, should you really be doing that? Isn't he going to... oh dear, oh god, oh my goodness, are you really going to...?" Then there was a loud crunching noise in my skull and the dentist leaned over me, clutching a bloody tooth like some neolithic trophy hunter, and informed me that my dental agony was caused by this thing grinding up against my molar. The only conclusion that was right and decent was that dental assistants don't know anything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dental assistants generally don't know anything, correct.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I want to stab everyone I work with today, stuff them in boxes and let my parcel people haul them away piece by piece.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What happened?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Dental assistants generally don't know anything, correct.

They go to school for two years

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LingcodKilla posted:

What happened?

Aunt Flow visiting

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

They go to school for two years

Like I said, they don't know anything.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think it's like vet techs and vet assistants. The assistant does like 3-6 months of training and largely does clerical work while the tech (two+ years of school?) does the hands on stuff and is generally more educated

Then in dentistry there's the dental hygienist who I think is the most educated and generally know what they're talking about, especially if they're telling you how to better perform your personal dental care--it's a bit of their niche

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

What happened?

People bitching about not having poo poo to do when there's a monumental amount of poo poo to do.

A lovely short timer and a moron that can't count. The other guy is cool, but I'm stabbing pens into shrapnel every ten minutes anyhow, so he's not wasting time or bullshitting.

I need to make more hash banana bread tonight. Haven't had a slice in a few days, could use the whole loaf today.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHAXsJHPuw

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
#1 best dad

Don't gently caress with Paulie.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dont ever gently caress with paulie

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Man sorvino was memorable in goodfellas.
Joe Pesci get wacked in mafia movies is kinda funny, My Cousin Vinny ending that way would have broken minds.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That’s a good dad.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's like an inch of snow coming to the DC region and I'm going to stop fighting it and be like everyone else here and just call in and telework for the day. Probably. We'll see when I wake up!