Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

On one hand, I would love a snow day so I can just run around with Lando and play video games and whatnot while my chicken chili verde simmers in my slow cooker; on the other hand my girlfriend is supposed to fly into BWI tomorrow after a series of lengthy flights back from Japan after her grandmother’s funeral, and I’d really hate for her to get stuck somewhere.

I wish that DC was expecting more snow, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

4-8" forecasted here

then brutal cold fri and sat

poo poo yiss

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We'll see what this area gets, I don't have enough time off banked to want to use it yet so gonna be scraping ice and shoveling snow before work. Hooray!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
We got ice apparently, and a bit of powder. Woke up at 4:45 per usual, saw the OPM alert, sent predrafted message out, went back to sleep.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
gently caress, just enough snow to be a pain in the dick but still normal work hours. I wanted to sleep in.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

8-15” is estimated here and it’s just starting. gently caress my life.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Hooray for being a couple hours inland. :toot:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It's going down to -30 in Toronto and the city has formally requested the use of Moss Park armories for housing the homeless. Moss park is one of the poorest parts of the city, there's a bunch of public housing around it and had the first naloxone injection tent in the country.

I don't think the DND is gonna allow that to happen, but if they do, a reservist is gonna get charge parade'd for punching a homeless dude as he shits down the barrel of a C3.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

do yall not have churches or anything

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Churches are kinda lovely about that now. An exception being the catholics, but they don't keep people in churches for letting in homeless outside of large cities these days. If you're in a smaller city on the coast, won't be a nun or priest there to let you in.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woke up this morning to a bunch of text messages asking if I was okay after the earthquake. Bitch it was 4.4 at 2:39 AM, I slept through that poo poo.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Went to visit a friend in Liverpool for a night. I can perfectly understand Scottish accents without issue but Scouse accents are tough as poo poo for me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Edit: Double post, gently caress you O2.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The Big Sleep novel: California back when it had normal rain storms, instead of wildfire outbreaks & epic firestorms.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Sure is great living in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and having 0 loving snow as the rest of the country gets blanketed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Sure is great living in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and having 0 loving snow as the rest of the country gets blanketed.

eat poo poo its my snow now

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The worst part of snow is having to wash salt off your car every other day :sigh:

Also the rust if you don't.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The worst part of snow is having to wash salt off your car every other day :sigh:

Also the rust if you don't.
This is why I hate snow so, so much.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I hate the part where i want to lay flat on the floor in agony while my back cools off after shoveling everything

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

pay a kid 20 bucks to do it for you

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

pay a kid 20 bucks to do it for you

Yeah this. That or bribing your sister-in-law to bring her large teenage sons to do it for hot cocoa.

In other news my New Years Resolution this year was to read more books and husbear bought a kindle paperwhite for me. This thing is nice! Now I need some (nonfiction) books to read on! (Finishing a hardcover copy of American Radical by Tamer Elnoury — which is a fantastic read by the way) I’ve got Dreadnought by Robert Massie on the list so far.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im like the youngest person on my street which usually is nice but yeah no kids running around

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

mods change my name posted:

I hate the part where i want to lay flat on the floor in agony while my back cools off after shoveling everything

Re-enlist as a "Snow Removal Technican" MOS 0FU2 to learn the proper way to remove snow.
Or toughen the gently caress up, hire a plow service, pay teenagers to shovel for you, or use a snow-blower (or backpack leaf blower).

Microsoft pushed out patches for that Intel CPU code-leakage thing for Windows 10 devices today, Windows 8 devices get the patch next tuesday on the scheduled patch release day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mods change my name posted:

Im like the youngest person on my street which usually is nice but yeah no kids running around

facebook martketplace then to find a guy roaming around with a plow then. Or just post asking for someone to plow. Someone will take 10 min to do it for cash.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'll just ride it out, it's been relatively mild snow wise this year thank God. Haven't had to roof rake this year much at all, which, let me tell you, can be quite the workout as well

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this. That or bribing your sister-in-law to bring her large teenage sons to do it for hot cocoa.

In other news my New Years Resolution this year was to read more books and husbear bought a kindle paperwhite for me. This thing is nice! Now I need some (nonfiction) books to read on! (Finishing a hardcover copy of American Radical by Tamer Elnoury — which is a fantastic read by the way) I’ve got Dreadnought by Robert Massie on the list so far.

Prepare to read books twice as fast and chew through much more of them, because that's what e-readers apparently do to you.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Prepare to read books twice as fast and chew through much more of them, because that's what e-readers apparently do to you.

This is true and it's awesome.

It's also way easy to pirate ebooks too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Rat posted:

It's also way easy to pirate ebooks too.

so tiny!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

After being in retail hell for a few years, I finally have an interview for a job that'll quadruple my income. Pray for me, Gippers. 1 quote = 1 amen.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Mad Dragon posted:

After being in retail hell for a few years, I finally have an interview for a job that'll quadruple my income. Pray for me, Gippers. 1 quote = 1 amen.

Good luck dude

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Best of luck Mad Dragon.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mad Dragon posted:

Hail satan

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Good luck!

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mad Dragon posted:

SMDFTB

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Good luck

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nice and hot piss posted:

Guess who's getting his upper wisdom teeth removed (i'm 31)

gently caress

Mad Dragon posted:

I had all four pulled in basic. :shepface:

Nice and hot piss posted:

gently caress that.

I'm just getting two, planning on going with just local sedation, maybe nitrous if it's free.

Can't argue though, $30 for each tooth removal thanks to insurance.

I was born without wisdom teeth.

I am the future of humankind.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

Good luck.