Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

feelix posted:

MG survive will be a better game than Death Stranding, because MG survive will have excellent gameplay, while Death Stranding will focus on Kojima's garbage storytelling

sad thing is, you may be right. i am not sure about survive. but i am mixed on death stranding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

feelix posted:

I challenge you to name one concrete, specific good thing about the plot without resorting to "you just hate fun" "they're just awesome" etc.

because i learned a ton of weird poo poo about the cold war, millitary tech, international treaties and animals.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ShineDog posted:

He's not a mediocre writer. He's a bad writer. He's a really bad storyteller and his poo poo is all over the place thematically and logically and the dialogue is always always loving terrible.

And that's fine.

Because the ideas are brilliant. Or they are loving stupid to the point you can't look away. He's thought of everything! Metal gears make no loving sense! A man breakdance fights robots! Snake forgot what a silencer does! Bee man! Slipping in poo poo! Rollerblading mad bomber! An hour long cutscene! Rocket peace! Raow! Butts! The ghost river! A two hour long cutscene after I finished the game that reframes the entire franchise meta plot!

It's great and it's dumb and bad in equal measure but it's always interesting and always trying new stuff and is happy to be weird as gently caress and yeah it does seem like people do in fact hate fun?

pretty much. the dude desperatly needs a guiding hand with alot of stuff which is why i am mixed on if Mpreg the game i mean death stranding will work or not. my issue is we havent seen loving jack poo poo except for a ton of "deep" trailers. its kinda like yoko taro i guess, but taro got lucky and got platenum games and they saved each other.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol, i think he has some of a point, but most of that is because alot of people including myself kinda thought death stranding would be more MGS5 like. maybe not as leathal/violent. but not postman QWOP and the ghost patrol. I love MGS series despite its faults, but Death stranding just isnt doing it for me. there needs to be more there and it isnt. the weird poo poo isnt enough to save it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ambivalent posted:

I'm not saying the game doesn't have huge stuff to criticize about it, but I also think there are also lots of people who would be much more enchanted with the game if it had ~slick gunplay~ and cover mechanics

id agree with that. but like i said. all the previous games he has made have shooting/action mechanics and other stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Armadillo Tank posted:

The one thing Death Stranding does s cure the phantom pain of what PT could have been.

It would have been bad.

Between seeing people argue how mgs4 and 5 aren't bad while pointing out things that would have made them better and Death Stranding's awful contrived bullshit ending and story that is a half reading of Wikipedia at best I feel really good that nothing was lost.

5 was at least good gameplay wise, though pretty shallow. part of me would have liked to see kojima do an atmospheric horror game with del toro because he can do atmosphere and thats parts great in DS.