Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Lurdiak posted:

So that stupid son of a bitch RPGpundit is reportedly trying to start what can only be called D&D gamergate.

Isn't he listed in the Special Thanks section of 5e? I just love slow-boil comeuppance. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Mearls and company credited Pundit and Zak S. in the Special Thanks column of D&D 5e to try and curry grog favor. It's good to see it's finally biting them in the rear end.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Oh come on, we haven't even heard Plutonis talk about the World Cup. I heard something about the top ranked team tanking hard out of the gate and bombing harder afterwards. Also the U.S. is doing good? I thought we were B-C tier.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ProfessorCirno posted:

I mean, when you boil it down, the true lie of cyberpunk as a genre was the idea that our garbage dystopia future would be in any way cool and not just constantly the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

Just tilt into the stupid and embrace it. Hack into the White House commissary and cancel all orders for Diet Coke, replacing it with Caffeine Free Diet Coke so the president will nap more. Break into a Twitter bot farm and apply a word filter so the national dialogue becomes focused on blackhead zit removal for a few days. Hunt Amazon drones for fun, profit, or sport! Experience tense social combat as a guerilla provocature instigating fights between corporate Twitter accounts.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Crossposting from C-SPAM:

https://twitter.com/JuniperTheory/status/1020104885772210176

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Probably the worst 4E actual play experience I had was trying the Essentials version of the Assassin and discovering that somehow they had managed to make a class even less engaging than the Slayer. "But they get cool poisons," and you know what other classes get? More than two things to do in combat.

That's almost verbatim the 5e assassin, which is second only to the Ranger in lovely 5e classes.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Ring all the way. Gives you the skills to adapt.

The ring doesn't actually improve anything, it just makes you think you're an ubermensch and prevents anyone from convincing you otherwise.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Antivehicular posted:

Unboxing photos are in the can and will be the first post. I've just been holding off because my copy of the first rulebook is misbound, missing a chunk of pages from an early chargen chapter, and I didn't want to make a post or two and then pause indefinitely. MCG just put out a PDF of that book, though, so... whoo?

Wow, is that a common issue? I wouldn't be happy with that after dropping several benjamins on Monte's Wonder Box.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Really Pants posted:

dire rhea cha-cha-cha

Man, you are just going all out today.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

ianvincible posted:

A copper dragonborn named Azul would make perfect sense if he was Australian. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Bluey
"The name's Azul. Azul Bar'Garse."

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Covok posted:

Which is a better game: Savage Worlds or Fate Core? GURPS?

SW = Minis & Tactics, FC = Narrating & Imagineering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Like what, irl firefighters or stuff like Fire Force
A very gritty and realistic reimagining of Paw Patrol.