Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm glad we live in a world where Builder of Nations is good and NBN sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Also if you want the way better art. There's a few cards with an art style that doesn't match the rest of the game, and then there's ones that are just way better. Viktor doesn't look like he's stuck his head in a fishbowl anymore.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Skorp/Steve is a nightmare for Steve as all his cards get flushed away between his own ability and Skorp. Siedr/Steve and Skorp/Bios is recommended IMO.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I like a lot of the corp cards that show the darker side of things. Weyland has an upcoming agenda that's just "we have rigged everything we're building in this incredibly profitable contract to explode, just in case" and that's incredible.

That said, we need the more clean ones as a contrast. I miss Jackson Howard's smile. :(

Also the best runner card thematically is either the one with Adam holding the bloody hammer in his hand with the text "he was free" or Day Job.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The novel Monitor shows Mideason Replacements as NBN turning the runner into a TV show in order to replace their stolen agenda/show/script.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Deviant posted:

the last 10% (gently caress you i'll do what i want we give 110% to hating things here at DeviantCo) was their inability to write a decent loving card for any runners except blue

You must have fallen out of a timeline where Criminal got good cards. Can I go there instead?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Deviant posted:

i'm sorry (EDIT) did we live in a world where gabe, account siphon, desperado, and sneakdoor (EDIT) didn't exist?

e3 feedback implants
forged activation orders?

Holy poo poo you're from a time warp. You missed SIFR, Faust, Omar, Rumor Mill, the Conspiracy breakers and Vandis Armory, buddy. Crims got two cards worth anything and both are banned. NBN got every single advantage ever whilst Weyland got pitiful traces and ICE flimsier than my mental health. Check out some of the articles on Stimhack around the time if you wanna get up to speed.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Get hosed CI.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
FFG better not touch my beautiful money-making son Stinson. I won't have it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

Let's say, hypothetically, I'm a total scrublord, and I don't even have a corp deck together for Saturday - NBN or Weyland? Any ID suggestions for either?

e: I really dig Jinteki in theory but I am nowhere near good enough to actually win games with it, as I've found. H-B looks cool too but I don't really "get" it and would probably end up running terrible poo poo like O2 Shortage.

I'm a sucker for Spark but you can run better NBN glacier setups out of basically anything else. Controlling the Message is still good - combine it with Aryabhata Tech to make the runner feel bad. Tagstorm decks aren't as popular with Misdirection out there so Sync has fallen off. I'd suggest running CtM with MCA Austerity Policy to fast advance things out.

Weyland has a lot of fun poo poo now. Builder of Nations is viable, usually combo-ing out with advancement tokens and constant meat damage. Jemison doesn't have enough support but if you wanna be a crazy diamond, go nuts. Skorpios or Gagarin are for if you hate people. Titan Fast Advance using Dedication Ceremony on Reconstruction Contract to cheat out Atlas scores is pretty okay too.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Outfit looks bad as all the illicit ICE is gone, but Too Big To Fail looks pretty good. Decent credit boost back up after opening a scoring window if you don't care about Bad Pub.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Like the only way I see The Outfit as being any good is if either the Weyland cards in there interact with bad pub in a way that means you want more of it, or they literally print Misdirection but for bad pub. Neither of which is going to happen.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I forgot that Elizabeth Mills is Core 2.0 now. That might be funny with the Outfit, though a 1 credit profit on trashing a location is mostly a sweetener and not a real thing to do.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Glacier is back in a big way, yeah. Azmari Edtech glacier and Palana are the big winners right now with NGO Front. Titan is doing well with Illegal Arms Factory to try and accelerate an Atlas Train, and HB doesn't have anything right now but ASA Group is pretty okay? I think?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Shaper Econ involves sitting for multiple turns clicking Opus and waiting for the corp player to fall asleep so they can secretly look through R&D and take the winning agendas out, then wake up the opponent and tell them they've won. Money for using the best fracter in the game isn't a problem for them, and honestly isn't a problem for any faction (outside of most criminal IDs :( )

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Masvingo looks like the return of Tyrant except not loving terrible. Will probably be used as a cheaper option out of SSO or in BoN. I might experiment with it and Oduduwa to create a nightmare from which Paperclip will not escape.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Zephro posted:

Hm, is Jackpot going to need errata? RAW it seems like you can install it, immediately take ten thousand credits from it and trash it. Or is there a general rule that numbers of things on cards can't go negative?

What kind of crazy reading is that? It says you take credits from Jackpot. If there are no credits on Jackpot, you can't take them. It works exactly the same way as Bank Job or Stimhack.

The only number that has ever gone negative is ICE strength, which hasn't been a relevant factor in forever (and might never have been tbh). I don't think anything else has can legally go into negative numbers. Discounted cards from things like Career Fair only ever go down to zero, they don't make credits back.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Son of a bitch!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
At least I have one of everything but still, man. I was hoping for Netrunner releases into the near future. At least one cycle after Reign and Reverie. :(

I'll snap up what's left I guess. Keep it around d for casual play. Definitely getting rid of L5R though, that game takes way too long to do anything of note in.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm more interested at what FFG will do with the Android Universe after. I'd play an RPG or a skirmish minis game in that setting for sure. I've never loved a setting quite as much and there won't be anything quite as mental as a megacorp made entirely of smug men leaning back in their chairs.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Lichtenstein posted:

There is literally no worthwhile product in the entire franchise outside of the LCG.

:wrong: New Angeles owns.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

mitochondritom posted:

Does anyone know where I have a shot of pre-ordering Reign and Reverie in the UK? I use Chaoscards.co.uk to buy all my Data Packs, but it is already sold out of pre-orders for the final expansion.

I would also like to know. I've put in an email to know when it's back in stock (and there should be time to get a copy even than), but there's always that doubt.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Spoilers for Reign and Reverie are out there. Just a heads up for people who want to avoid or find them.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
R&R Spoilers: I'm very very glad we get more cartoon evil Weyland with Under A Bus + the lore insert. Very excited to try an Outfit deck. The weird tempo stuff of Sportsmetal might be fun to play with and I'm going to try a Talking Thunder deck with Misdirection and Thunder Art Gallery to get a rig out fast.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I got email confirmation of mine dispatching yesterday, so we'll see if this expansion is real or a lie perpetuated by FFG.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I managed to get mine from Element Games a day early, which is nice. Pretty excited to try Rising Thunder and SportsMetal!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Hangeki - Hey look, it's the worst reprisal card!

:wrong: Riot Suppression exists.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
MechRunner is truly the follow-up game we need.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The Outfit is essentially a non-terrible GRNDL. It's a rush ID - you want to slam out Hostiles and Illicit Sales in order to roll in credits and then leverage your insane money lead to HHN the runner and either ruin their tempo or kill them with Boom or High-Profile Target. The amount of bad pub you gain from it only matters when the runner gets their rig together, but when it happens things go wrong quickly.

I've seen glacier builds that just run enormous barriers because a) you can afford to rez Hadrian, Bulwark and Tithonium on one server and b) even Paperclip can't handle paying 7+ per ICE repeatedly even with bad pub. This is probably bad and I would definitely play it as a rush/kill combo over anything else, but glacier is pretty funny.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Lol if you think a self-appointed circle of nerds wouldn't immediately raise barriers to entry.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I was going to put Jackson Howard forward, but considering his description in Monitor I'm half convinced he's a weird plastic person instead.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Lol they brought Eli 1.0 back. Of course.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Of course they would rotate TD. God forbid Criminal or Weyland get good cards.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Looking through the NISEI cards list again and I'm loving baffled at one change in particular. Who the gently caress wanted Quest Completed back?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

I assume it's for Apocalypse decks, since those seem popular.

More likely it's one person on the NISEI team that likes Quest Completed as a pet card and was salty that it got removed. That's kind of the problem with fan projects, is just because you're a fan of (or even very skilled at) a game, doesn't mean you know how to make it fun. Speaking of which, who all is the NISEI team anyway, do any of them have game design experience?

My understanding is that they're a bunch of pro players with not a lick of game design experience between them, and they only took a woman on when people complained they didn't have any on the team (although to their credit(?) the response was pretty prompt).

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Catherine Underwood was not on the initial team and was only added after the initial announcement of NISEI. Here's proof.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Fine. I stand corrected. I mistook the initial selection committee for the actual NISEI team and that's where my comments came from.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thank you. I'm sort of in the middle of a depressive episode or something, and I handle even minor changes pretty badly to begin with, so I was lashing out at people who didn't deserve that.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I like the Builder of Nations one and that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Sandstone is cute I guess.