Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've never paid for parking unless it's the council. You just run them dead it costs more to get mad at me than just go gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Ride a motor bike = Don't pay for parking ever

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

quote:

Toowoomba resident Annemarie Stower said she believed she had to pay up, after she accidentally displayed her parking ticket upside down on her dashboard.
"My ticket was up the wrong way but I was under the hour — it was free time," she said.
"I ended up sending a message to them [ANCP] explaining, but they still said we had to pay it."
hahaha wow what complete dickheads

There was a Checkout bit about private parking fines a couple of years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw3fWb61wgQ

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hobo Erotica posted:

Ride a motor bike = Don't pay for parking ever

Yeah but u get killed by clowns a lot so I don't ride mine unless I want to light up the spot with a shitload of noise and get people thinking "woah that is one rude dude".

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

This is good. The shopping centre I often use has a bunch of other shops, including a cinema, but has a posted 2 hours parking limit.

Cue all the people who see a movie, or go shopping and have lunch in the food court, risking getting slapped with bullshit fines.

I'll tell you what's bullshit, the hospital carpark was $20 per hour or something (all numbers are approximate). It specifically said "maximum daily rate = $80". I was there for 4 hours in the morning, then went out to buy lunch, paid my $80 (gently caress), and came back for the afternoon. When i went to leave, they slugged me for another $80.

I was so loving mad it literally said "maximum daily rate", and I was being charged twice that for being there for less total hours. I pointed out the absurdity to whoever was manager at the time, they said take it up with head office, but I'd just had a newborn and wasn't in the mood to fight it. Maybe one day.

It's a loving hospital for christ's sake, public one too.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Starshark posted:

That’ll not what I meant when I said the left is its own worst enemy. I’m talking about the people hand-wringing over her words.

Oh righto. However that act of flinching from change when people complain is liberalism not leftism

Hobo Erotica posted:

No, not decorum, it's a fundamentally different message and point.

Wrong. Changing the date of a day to celebrate a nation state on the continent of Australia is consistent with post colonialism

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Hobo Erotica posted:

It's a loving hospital for christ's sake, public one too.

I'll bet the carpark isn't public.

Does it have WILSON or any of that poo poo up?

Edit: Also, I made the mistake of wading into a facebook post comment thread wherein a bunch of Australians were criticising ANTIFA etc. Curious. I bit, and sure enough, out flowed a raft of pretty standard alt-reich talking points, including my personal favourites "Give us an example of someone identifying as a Nazi hurting people bet you can't".

The weird part is this isn't even garden variety RA infidel poo poo; these people are literally just parroting Brietbart, and Fox News/Hannity style arguments. Like, what drives these people to pick up these incredibly unpopular causes, like slagging off BLM and ANTIFA who really don't exist in this country if at all? The only thing I can think of is they're just lonely edgelord fucks who spend too much time on YouTube and Reddit or something.

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 2, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Buzzfeed posted:

An Aboriginal Resistance Fighter Was Listed Alongside Ferry McFerryFace In A Government File Titled "Nonsense Ferry Names"
"Pemulwuy" sits between "Boaty McBoat" and "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

School leavers have a new and powerful source of career advice — with the Prime Minister urging them to ditch their plans for law unless they actually want a job as a lawyer.

gently caress he's dumb.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

gently caress he's dumb.

What is this in aid of?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

asio posted:

Oh righto. However that act of flinching from change when people complain is liberalism not leftism

Wrong. Changing the date of a day to celebrate a nation state on the continent of Australia is consistent with post colonialism

Sure, that wasn't my point though.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JBP posted:

What is this in aid of?

I'm not 100% sure what your question is, if you want the full article it's here

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-02/malcolm-turnbull-says-too-many-kids-do-law/9387508

I work in a Uni library and I've yet to meet anyone going through the torture that's law without wanting to do some kind of work in law. It's be like studying quantum physics so you can be a pen-pusher in the tax office.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Starshark posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-02/malcolm-turnbull-says-too-many-kids-do-law/9387508

I work in a Uni library and I've yet to meet anyone going through the torture that's law without wanting to do some kind of work in law. It's be like studying quantum physics so you can be a pen-pusher in the tax office.

It means what is the problem Turnbull is seeking to address by making this statement.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

Wait, allow me to correct myself -

There ARE like 1 in 1000 people who are studying family law because they're fathers who want their kids back. I'm sure they'll take Turnbull's comments on board.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What if I studied law and became a sports agent? Would tbull be mad?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

What is this in aid of?

I'm guessing it's a gently caress you to the many, many politicians who take this career path who he probably hates.

e. also self-projecting his poor life choices that led to his current miserable existence.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 2, 2018

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

No I studied law, fucko :mad:

JBP posted:

It means what is the problem Turnbull is seeking to address by making this statement.

Kids studying law, leaving uni and not practising because as an industry the working conditions are generally poo poo and the pay/prestige aren’t enough these days to make the trade off worth it. Well he’s describing that, I wouldn’t say he’s addressing that.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
One thing which contributes to the phenomenon is that nobody tells students beforehand that so much time spent practising any kind of law is supremely loving boring

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://twitter.com/ginarush/status/958096188938493952

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

I'll bet the carpark isn't public.

Does it have WILSON or any of that poo poo up?

Yeah it was one of those, probably Wilson.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Starshark posted:

gently caress he's dumb.

I'm literally going to be admitted in August and have zero intention of practicing, ama.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Whitlam posted:

I'm literally going to be admitted in August and have zero intention of practicing, ama.

Do you realise you’re upsetting the Prime Minister?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Starshark posted:

Do you realise you’re upsetting the Prime Minister?

No I am sorry Mr Trumbull I will reconsider my thoughtless deeds :(

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Double post but I did try and get out of my Negotiation assessment today with the argument "the PM said I'm not allowed" but that went down as well as the time I tried to argue I should be allowed to use Wiki as a source because Greg Hunt did for climate change.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ahaaahaahahahahaahahaha

OUR ABC posted:

The Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet has confessed it is the one that lost the documents at the centre of the ABC's reporting on The Cabinet Files.

Australia's domestic spy agency has taken possession of hundreds of cabinet documents obtained by the ABC, following one of the biggest security breaches in Australian history.

The ABC and the Prime Minister's Department reached an agreement on the return of the documents, which protects the ABC's source.

In a statement, secretary Martin Parkinson said the breach casts his department in poor light and has implications for the rest of the Australian Public Service.

"The AFP investigation into how and when the classified documents, obtained by the ABC, left the Commonwealth government is ongoing," Mr Parkinson said.

Well that narrative got moved on quickly, someone at the ABC is a better negotiator than the PM's own Department.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Starshark posted:

It's be like studying quantum physics so you can be a pen-pusher in the tax office.

well, actually...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Christine Forster finally married her wife.

In attendance was one former prime minister who was less than thrilled.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sometimes, there is justice.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Synthbuttrange posted:

Christine Forster finally married her wife.

In attendance was one former prime minister who was less than thrilled.

I'm the guy with the bum part.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think that may be one of the drag kings in attendance.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/rharris334/status/959350689615900675

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
So she’ll go from voting with the government 100% of the time to voting with the government 110% of the time?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

asio posted:

we should be violently decolonised

Out of curiosity, what does this actually look like?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

quote:

Counter-Strike Co-Creator Arrested For Sexual Exploitation Of A Child

gently caress me we really can't have nice things anymore.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hobo Erotica posted:

Out of curiosity, what does this actually look like?

Kill Whitey?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

Kill Whitey?

Who's killing them, how, what about mixed-race folk, what happens next, what about kids, etc

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hobo Erotica posted:

Who's killing them, how, what about mixed-race folk, what happens next, what about kids, etc

Those questions will be dealt with by the death squads on a case by case basis at the discretion of each individual death squad.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

And who are the death squads, the Elders?

What does "Burn Australia to the ground" actually mean, in a practical sense?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Fuel, heat and oxygen make a fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Yeah I know that bit, so what's the fuel

• Locked thread