Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once again, they are going to pay via check. it's the 3rd or 4th time this has happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I want Newspaper Spider-Man to be foisted on Liz Lemon so, so badly and it'll never happen now :smith:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is that Roseanne in the second panel? I've completely lost track of what year these are from.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yeah, Roseanne, Bill Cosby and Don Johnson.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
wait how do we go from “your luck ran out web-head!” to the punisher just running away

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What a roller-coaster of emotions

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Genuinely ha ha ha

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Why did you even attack him Spidey if you were just going to let him go. Also pretty sure he owes Punisher nothing for breaking into his house menacing his family, beating him up, and just barely deciding not to shoot him.

While the divorce sucks for Owl, he's entirely right that he will never be convicted. Like Spidey why are you even calling the cops over to Owl's house, what are they supposed to arrest him for.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I assume it's like "but if you turn yourself in then our child and I will be happy to be your family when you get out" but I REALLY want Owl to get divorced and arrested lmao

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Escobarbarian posted:

wait how do we go from “your luck ran out web-head!” to the punisher just running away
He's faster than you thought!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Even for a Spider-Man story this was an odd one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that infant looks like he is about to ask the owl why he isn't an avenger

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

The Punisher turned a corner and Peter immediately forgot they were fighting. He literally has no object permanence.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

The Punisher turned a corner and Peter immediately forgot they were fighting. He literally has no object permanence.

Well shoot, I can't make the "meticulously researched spider powers" joke I was planning on :/

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MonsterEnvy posted:

Like Spidey why are you even calling the cops over to Owl's house, what are they supposed to arrest him for.
Wolverine filed a DCMA notice.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i hope the owl's baby starts gliding around for no reason

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Knormal posted:

Wolverine filed a DCMA notice.

Owl can point out he's a much older character.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Unfortunately, a much less interesting one

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't interesting"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wolverine has better lawyers.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

This didn't help Captain Marvel Shazam.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Owl has been such an ineffectual and disappointing failure in his life that I'm starting to suspect he is in fact secretly Spider-Man!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Love MJ being here to poke holes at Peter's hare-brained schemes now

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, come on! You're just loving with us at this point.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tarantula, eh? Is he gonna turn into a giant spider and die? We'll see! (Probably not.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Why do you care about Owl MJ, I don't think you would have known he existed until the news report you just saw. He's also not likely to go to jail very long.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ok, so that's it then. There was no great plot, there were no schemes, there was no Crime! The Owl appeared and was arrested, no moral.

What on earth happened?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter accidentally tackled him and then the owl spent a couple weeks of strips crying on the floor.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also, I will be very tickled if this arc takes approximately 15 minutes in real time from Spidey learning that The Owl exists to confronting him and taking him down. It's pretty stretched out for barely any time passing so far, I think they can pull it off!

Looking back at the arc, I don't think I was far off in my guess. I wonder where The Owl ranks on the list of ineffectual villains? His storyline was basically:

-Declares himself crime boss; Punisher knows about him, but Spider-Man only learns about him now
-Throws henchman out of window, then saves him
-Punisher and Spider-Man immediately raid his home, his trap for Spider-Man instantly fails
-Quickly loses fight and is subsequently arrested and imminently divorced

It's hard for me to imagine failing more quickly and spectacularly than -- THE OWL!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's hard for me to imagine failing more quickly and spectacularly than -- THE OWL!

Remember, Pete woke up in a cold sweet, just from this joker being in town!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude got owned so hard that even clown 9 thought it was a bit harsh.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
NEXT: OWL-IMONY!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Captain Hygiene posted:

Looking back at the arc, I don't think I was far off in my guess. I wonder where The Owl ranks on the list of ineffectual villains? His storyline was basically:

-Declares himself crime boss; Punisher knows about him, but Spider-Man only learns about him now
-Throws henchman out of window, then saves him
-Punisher and Spider-Man immediately raid his home, his trap for Spider-Man instantly fails
-Quickly loses fight and is subsequently arrested and imminently divorced

Punisher only learned about him cause Spider-Man mentioned him after a goon did.

I should note the Owl didn't even really make any bad moves, he just got super unlucky.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Chinston Wurchill posted:

:lmao:

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Look, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I have any standards whatsoever when it comes to NSM villains.
But even no standards was several too many standards for.....The Owl!

Hahahaha!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Punisher only learned about him cause Spider-Man mentioned him after a goon did.

You're right, I thought I remembered him declaring that earlier on as his reason for showing up in town. I thought at least The Owl might have committed some notable offscreen crimes, but he didn't even do that :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Holy poo poo she really hosed off and got divorced.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

the Owl never did a single crime

Three people broke into his house, he got pistol whipped, Spider-Man called the cops, and he got divorced

Peter went to a random high-rise, peeped in on a young woman and her child, and decided he'd ought to break into it, and also that more than one web is too much effort to catch a terrorist, very slowly escaping on foot

The Punisher probably killed like six guys and did more property damage than any other crime shown during the entire arc

MJ is horny when Pete tells her he ruined a man's life today