Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
having rocket fight a coyote for the privilege of eating out of a trash can is the definitive take on the character, and perhaps all characters in all works of fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

I'm still curious how Peter plans to get Connors out of a swamp. It would be far more dramatic for them to induce the Hulk knowing he isn't trustworthy but is still their best chance of getting Connors to help in time.

Then again these are all crazy people who put themselves in the middle of the Everglades for no real reason.

they are already at the dock. they just assumed that an ambulance would not be available despite never actually calling emergency services.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, because in that strip nsm is 1. outsmarting someone and 2. solving a problem.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter. peter, honey. your web shooters are on your wrists. if you carry him with both hands, all you can do is hop like a bunny.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it didn't even occur to me that he had no idea where the hospital was and was just hopping off in a random direction.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Haifisch posted:

If only there was some sort of mobile device that typically comes with a map function, that most people carry with them wherever they go.

If only.

he's only got two hands. oh, but wait! what if there was some sort of magic potion that grew arms?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
and then he steals curt's wallet

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so uh, he didn't use the front door? he jumped in a random window and is heckling someone in housekeeping.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
from the look on that guy's face, he knows what happens if you cross half-naked dudes who threaten to murder you and your wife in florida. also uh, an operating room is not an emergency room, and anyway now they have to move to a different operating room since the idiot in tights who has been hanging out in a swamp all day just contaminated it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in two consecutive panels the colorist put the wound in different places.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh wait, poo poo. that's not even a cab driver. they aren't trying to get a ride from him or anything. that's just some random guy who is upset that two nutjobs are disrupting traffic, so banner threatened to murder him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

goatface posted:

He's only going to grow a second arm when he's angry.

uh, have you been paying attention to this arc? he's always angry (thanks to meth).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in fairness to peter they do have to stop the bleeding first unless he's literally moments away from vein collapse

the emt's probably could have helped with that, or at least more than bouncing connors around the city while trying to squeeze out all of his blood like a centrifuge.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think he's stopping to threaten everyone who yelled at him to get out of the street.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i would be very pleased if he spent the entire arc transporting people via bunny hops

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but then connors gets hooked on krodokil and needs a new arm again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they gave him normal blood it wouldn't be funny, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Wait everyone knows Banner is the Hulk?

They know he's the Hulk and they're taking his blood anyway?

what?

he's belligerent and insisting that they use his blood. what choice do they have?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he was forced into becoming a hermit so I’d give him a pass

ever since banner got back to town most of what he said has been threats to turn into the hulk if someone displeases him. i'm not really detecting much of an interest in him isolating himself to avoid causing harm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"boy, this is taking a while. whoa, be careful with that needle! ha ha, i sure hope i don't suddenly GET ANGRY and go on an unstoppable killing spree."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"why would he need more blood?"
"i dunno, poo poo's weird" *shrugs*
"good enough for me!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll admit, i thought this arc was gonna be a standard the lizard story. you know, connors does some dumb poo poo, turns into the lizard due to his own reckless actions, and eventually gets cured.

i don't even have brick-related head trauma as an excuse for my foolishness.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
musical chairs with radioactive blood

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no matter which sleeve he is told to roll up, he will probably just strip down to his tighty whities again instead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe the nurse is hoping that the idiot blood will finish off banner before he makes good on his promises to destroy the building and kill everyone in it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the doctor said that the basic mechanics of blood typing and transfusions might work, if they had no other options.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is best if they continue to leave it alone. nsm is too delicate and beautiful to survive any meddling.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the doctors evacuated the building due to banner's constant veiled threats. the heroic undercut nurse volunteered to stay behind to keep him distracted.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hulk would lose his keen wit and eloquence

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

uPen posted:

I give this a 95% chance of being a bog-standard The Lizard but with this setup there's a small chance we might be in for something special instead. Don't let me down NSM.

connor's arm isn't regrowing. rather, it is growing a tiny hulk on the end of his arm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's so strong, his muscles can hold pants together. the hulk can never unclench.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's naturally giant-humanoid-lizard-transformation prone, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you know, a guy getting bitten by an alligator followed by a blood transfusion from the hulk and then turning into an alligator-ish monster is pretty normal old-school marvel stuff. except, connors already turned into a the lizard in a situation that had nothing to do with the hulk, or gamma radiation, or blood transfusions. so like, anything strange that enters connors' body makes him turn into the lizard?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that blood bag is the size of his torso. why is it in the foreground?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it looks like banner is staring at the giant blood bag, thoroughly freaked out

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't keep the lizard away from his true love (the alligator that mauled connors)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

He actually requires a steady stream of regular human blood to not become the Lizard.

i think it is meth, not human blood. the gator bite drained all the meth out of his system!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
peter went down so fast you'd think he was having a team up with the lizard.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

brainSnakes posted:

I appreciate that there were two strips of doctors yelling about watching out for the lizards tail before Spiderman confronted him and was immediately slapped to the floor by it.

yo, you must be confusing nsm with some other guy who dodges blunt objects moving toward his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Rhino, tell us the awesome loving plan.

his plan is to go to jail since apparently that's where everyone thinks he is