Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

Next strip: The guy takes Spiderman to the ER, where he has to wait for Connors to be triaged like anyone else.

He's unconscious and bleeding, so he'll probably get through pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Comic book legend and Marvel creator Stan Lee accused of sexual harassment

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Begemot posted:

No info about the colorists, but it's safe to assume they're different too.
They are with almost every comic. Something to do with only Sundays traditionally being in colour, I think.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

There's definitely someone in the newspaper comic strip thread who works for one of the syndicates....

There was a colourist posting at one point, but I can't remember their name or whether they're still around. Bob Weber Jr and Richard Thompson have both posted in previous threads but didn't stick around (and of course Thompson died a couple of years ago).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The correct term is "captain" Dr. Banner.

"Boat pilot" amuses me way more than it should.
No, he's right. A captain is in charge of a boat but the person who does the steering is the pilot.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Could someone make the hulk slap avatar sized?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'm hoping Jonah is gonna wade in and start backhanding Spidey too

The Lizard and the Hulk are so shocked that they stop fighting and just watch JJJ beating up Spider-Man. In some nutty way, Spider-Man wins!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

next headline "web slinging menace threatens heroic local journalist with death"

FTFY.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Why does JJJ seem to think photographers would magically appear if there was something worth photographing in the boat? He is acting like nobody is there because there is nothing worth taking photos of.

I think he has lost it after dealing with Peter's "Uhhh I just happened to be there" excuses for why he has such great photos for the last 50 years.
Expecting unreasonable things and then complaining when they don't happen is just what Jonah does. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Peter maybe you could come up with a different solution? Any other solution? Instead of "Welp, it happened agaaaaaain"

I'm pretty sure he could just mail a costume to himself. Although he does seem to often travel on spur of the moment decisions, so he'd also have to decide when he's going to travel and where to a whole day in advance.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

quite stretched out posted:

he took mjs bag by mistake

With nothing else to wear, MJ is forced to put on the Spider-Man costume and fight crime.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Miss posted:

Somebody catch me up on who Iron Fist is

He can focus psychic energy to punch stuff really hard because a dragon taught him how. Now he fights crime.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mulva posted:

As you've seen over time the Spider-Sense does sweet gently caress all to protect *him* in this comic. Every single time it goes off it is warning him that someone is about to hurt themselves punching his stupid granite head or something. The Spider-Sense doesn't care if he lives or dies.
Sometimes it alerts him to random bits of information. Like, I remember one time he was looking through a stack of papers and his spider sense told him which one he needed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Miss posted:

Danny what is wrong with you

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, he probably will

Never underestimate Peter's paranoia about his secret identity.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Just post the original first, then post the edits. It's not rocket science.

But then no one would mistake the edit for the original. :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I thought Spider-Man was mostly a daytime hero. I've never really thought of him as being active at night.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

‘Danny help me! Its your friend Spiderman!’

"Oh no, does Danny Rand now suspect that I, Peter Parker, am Spider-Man!?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Chinook posted:

I'm a little confused why he's sitting around and hoping they don't uncover his secret identity for all of this time. Does he have some kind of goal in mind, here? Why doesn't he just beat them up with punches and kicks and be done with it?

Because then they might figure out that he's Spider-Man!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I would love to hear an actor deliver that line in a TV show or movie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Saviuk is the usual Sunday artist right?

Yep.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Samuringa posted:

If it got published at GoComics like Nancy, probably.
It's on Comics Kingdom, which does have a comments section. The people there do mostly seem to take it seriously.

Johnny Walker posted:

I think the difference is The Phantom was created as a newspaper strip, like the other Defenders of the Earth (defenders), Flash Gordon and Mandrake and Lothar. The only one of those left still being actively made would be Phantom though.
Mandrake and Flash Gordon are still being published, but it's all reruns now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The first thing I did was go back and see their reaction to the Rocket/trash can saga, but their archive didn't go back that far. They started late into the Mole Man/Tyrannus period.
It goes way back to October 1998 for members.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

You are a hero.

Can you grab the reaction to Spider-Man tearing a chunk of flesh off Lenny?

I've had a look but I can't find it (because remember when that happened) so if you figure out a date I can. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I don't think we should be paying attention to anyone who says "Seriously, the Spider-Man newspaper strip is really bad."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

big time, the man who liked clocks but not excessively so.
I dunno, I think it was pretty excessive. He had a clock-gun and tried to kill his ex-wife by dropping a giant clock on her.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Why the gently caress did Peter have to get on the ceiling to attach balloons to the telly while he sang a 120 year old song? Is that his happy place?

If you could walk on on the ceiling, wouldn't you do it sometimes just for fun?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Poor narration box, unaware that 90% of this strip's audience is probably reading the online colored version.

Do American newspapers even still print comics in black and white? Every time I've seen comics in an Australian paper in the last several years they've been in colour.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Earth-666 or whatever

Earth-77013.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Does spiderman ever go to bed, or does he just lurch endlessly from one adventure to the next with only a recap strip back at home talking to his wife before the phone rings again or a drunk Wolverine busts through the wall?
Peter is shown sleeping surprisingly frequently. Sometimes in bed, sometimes on the couch. Sometimes in full costume.

Haifisch posted:

Clearly she's cheating on her husband Peter Parker...with Spiderman!
This is actually canonical. When Spider-Man showed up to see MJ on the set of her movie, some of the crew were talking about it and feeling sorry for poor, dumb Peter, who obviously had no idea.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Samuringa posted:

For some reason, this reminded me of that stupid Mutant X character whose skin would be bulletproof as long as he held his breath, so the one time he got cornered the bad guy just patiently waited until he couldn't hold it anymore and wailed on him.

Isn't that how Anissa/Thunder's power works in Black Lightning?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Actually, that seems like it could make for a cool ability in a video game. Invulnerability on demand, but you've got a timer on it and it ticks down faster the more active you are and the less time it's been since the last time you used it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Samovar posted:

Also, it looks like Killgrave is pointing off panel when he says he has a stronger puppet to use.

Three months of Killgrave just trading up to better and better super heroes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I enjoy a good I'd've.

I'dn't've said it was my favourite, but it's not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

quite stretched out posted:

clearly they havent watched the fast and the furious movies

Or literally any fantasy or sci-fi TV show.