Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ah fresh new thread smell. *bricks fall*

Also shove a link to the previous thread in there so we can see people lose their minds following the Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon and Mole Man arcs.

Ant Man and space son arcs were great but I don't think anything broke my brain reading it more than how they lured away the armadillo monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Peter's deadeyed stare as he pulls Rocket back into the motel room, and father and son flexing together were great too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Rocket convincing Peter they hadn't just murdered Ronan and stuffed his (possibly) dismembered corpse into Rocket's ship were also highlights. God I loved that entire storyline.

My favorite single panel is still Ronan just vacuuming up all the food.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Really every page of Ronan/Rocket arc could be a highlight.

Also every strip of mole man just frowning while Peter says something stupid.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Aunt May: Peter maybe if I had a little of that Hulk blood my lungs would improve and me and your Uncle Moley could live happily toge-
Peter: NEVER! :mad:

Or the fact that his OWN blood cures diseases.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Spiderman will need a transfusion but for whatever reason the only person in Miami whose blood will work is JJJ.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I keep forgetting the details of that Deegan arc, so whenever jazzhands gets posted I always read ahead a few pages afterwards thinking "ok maybe it's not THAT bad in context" but then it just keeps getting worse.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a gimmick that didn't really work so well in nyc, so it hasn't really been focused on much.

Thankfully he's never made it to washington DC to exercise his control on all the lizard people comprising the government.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

Scoop: Spiderman's weakness is three or more alligators.

Or two pythons at once.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
His son's an adult, meaning it's perfectly time for him to learn the family's horrible secrets.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thats it Jimmy Woo's going to die

I dunno Spidey, I thought it was recently established that wanting to reveal someone's secret identity gets you left to die in a swamp.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

evilmiera posted:

So was he thrown into this hospital too or has he acquired the power to break through walls on his own?

His perfectly tuned Gronk-sense allows him to tell Hulk where to aim to fling him to where he is needed.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

howe_sam posted:

I mean he has in like three of the previous four storylines

Hell in the antman arc didn't they even rent a vehicle under their real names to get to the villain's house?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Peter getting bailed out by MJ when she isn't even in the city.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
To be fair to Peter, the heroes and villains in general tend to be pretty dumb while the competent group in any arc is usually like MJ, Uncle Moley, Peter's space son, etc.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

The fountain of youth had a bathtub drain, anything's possible.

Uncle Moley arc is probably the most dumb and surreal I've seen the comic get.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The problem here is that really kingpin just needs to tell claw to throw a brick and it becomes 2v1 against Iron Fist.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

:golfclap:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

When you consider that Miles Morales saved most of the Marvel Universe with an old cheeseburger he found in his pocket, it's not that far off model.

Wait what

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
ok this is it, this is the strip that broke me. I literally can't stop laughing in the middle of work right now

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Payndz posted:

Who's he talking to? It's not even thought bubbles, he's literally explaining his actions to himself. (I know, I know, it's the only way Peter can remember anything.)

I forgot about the webwings so looked up some early Spidey stuff and found the first comic he was on the cover of.

Really fitting that in his literal first appearance he is thinking out-loud and being bad at secret identities.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

rip spidersman

this arc is a loving treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That just reminded me of the insane bit from The Dark Knight where Batman goes to Hong Kong to kidnap a foreign national, forcefully extradite him to the US, and just leaves him tied up on the Gotham PD steps.