Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zerilan posted:

Peter's deadeyed stare as he pulls Rocket back into the motel room, and father and son flexing together were great too.

Rocket convincing Peter they hadn't just murdered Ronan and stuffed his (possibly) dismembered corpse into Rocket's ship were also highlights. God I loved that entire storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EorayMel posted:

I hope they get attacked by another snake, IMO.

The appearance of Curt Connors and The Hulk just being a precursor to the return of The Serpent Society would be right up this beautiful strip's alley.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still love the idea that the Bugle headline of "THE CITY IS SAFE!" is purely in reference to JJJ now being the Publisher of the Bugle again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Epicurius posted:

It would probably be easier just to take the cab.

Cabbie: Sure thing Spider-Man, you got money for the fare?
Spidey: No.
Cabbie: Oh I get it, you forgot your wallet?
Spidey: .....no :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

and then he steals curt's wallet

Jameson spots it as he is walking by and starts chasing him down the streets of Miami, while simultaneously trying to call Peter to get down there to take pictures... pictures of Spider-Man!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Psychedelicatessen posted:

If Spider-man was willing to commit one crime and make a fake ID, he could get out of so many troubles. But if he commits even one crime, he's basically Venom

There's that one issue of Spider-Man and the X-Men when he explains why he couldn't monetize his powers without exposing his identity, and gets all lovely when the students start explaining how he could have set up shell companies and trusts to make money without exposing his family :laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo first The Hulk, now The Submariner to-

Manatee Cannon posted:

when did namor move to florida and why is he working in a hospital

Goddammit!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that Bruce "I must maintain calm at all costs" Banner is just loving losing his poo poo at some honking cars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You know I'm just kinda half-hoping that Banner's blood saves Connor AND Connor's arm grows back and... that's it. No side-effects, no drama, he's just whole and happy and then the Parkers and Banner wander off to some new adventure :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, and then Curt can get a house next door to Aunt May and Uncle Moley, across the street from the college Pete's raccoon son attends.

Yeah! YEAH and the... oh wait.... I just read the rest of your post... :negative:

Cat Mattress posted:

Sorry, but Connor's arm will have to go back to his faithful subjects the limb-people, where Connor won't be able to follow because of his Amputee's Lung.

I love this thread :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I loving love snarky rear end in a top hat Newspaper Bruce Banner

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How long until Peter realizes he accidentally grabbed Dr. Gregory House instead of Dr. Bruce Banner?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God they're going to put Peter's blood in Bruce Banner :vince:

How does this strip just keep delivering so much joy and wonder?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

"Well, we have no medical records or even identification for you but, sure, what the hell, let's shove a ton of your blood into the Atomic Bomb that Walks Like a Man, Bruce Banner."

God I love this strip.

Metalshark posted:

JJJ is clearly now in charge of this hospital: "I need pitchers... pitchers of Spider-Man!"

God I love this thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bah, it didn't even go GRONNNK? :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder if Joe Quesada sits there each morning just shaking with rage as he reads his paper and gets to the funnies, and has to suffer the completely unrelatable notion of Spider-Man being happily married.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

It isn't even wish-fulfillment fantasy, they have a cute dynamic where both lead crazy lives and find love in a mutual need for domestication.

Yeah, plus years (decades!) of having been friends, then boyfriend/girlfriend and finally marriage. MJ was there for so much of what Peter went through, and her sticking around to support Peter after Gwen's death was a huge thing considering her character before then was "ditzy party girl".

Yes I'm still angry about that dumb retcon, especially since it was handled in such a ham-handed way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, Tony's mother is alive?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Connor's arm regrows, but now he needs more blood to fill the extra space!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Not with Peter "Gotta Stop Aunt May From Being Happy" Parker around.

Aunt May: Peter maybe if I had a little of that Hulk blood my lungs would improve and me and your Uncle Moley could live happily toge-
Peter: NEVER! :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh no, who could have foreseen that Curt Connors would end up turning into The Lizard! :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God the nurse gave an injection of that blood to a different comic strip :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

David D. Davidson posted:

Maybe pumping Conner full of hulkblood wasn't such a good idea after all...

Well to be fair, who could have possibly imagined it would end up blowing up in their faces?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

The hulk blood has given him purple pants!

Oh my God

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Eventually shenanigans lead to her subduing him and saving the day while Spidey has no involvement whatsoever.

Mayor: Name one wish Ms. Parker and I will use my magical Mayor powers to grant it.
May: I wish me and my beloved Mole M-
Peter: Time to go home and make me wheatcakes Aunt May :toughguy:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Banner: With Spider-Man down for the count, I have no choice but to become the Hulk!
Peter has already gotten back up and is having a nice chat with the Doctor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Peter's failure is contagious

Who would have thought, all this time Banner was looking for a cure and it turns out all he needed was the blood of a complete gently caress-up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think there was that Peter David written "final" Hulk issue where the Earth millions of years in the future has become an inhospitable wasteland populated only by giant cockroaches and the Hulk. Every so often Banner gets to come out and wish for death, but every time it looks like he might die the Hulk will return.

At the very end, Banner suffers a lethal heart attack but as he starts to collapse to the ground he changes back to the Hulk, who just grunts and walks away with a final line something along the lines of,"And now there would only be the Hulk."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I still love that the original reason for Banner deciding he had no choice but to turn into the Hulk was because Spidey was down for the count. But Spider-Man was already up and chatting to the Doctor before Bruce even tried and failed to become the Hulk, and now he's apparently so fine that he's catching him in mid-air to save him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mary Jane: Oh no Spider-Man has fallen an-
Spider-Man gets up and starts chatting to the Doctor
Mary Jane: -d it looks like it's up to me to fight the Lizard!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What blood-type would Annihilus even be? Type-Chaos Horror?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Proteus Jones posted:

How is MJ not the ruler of the world in the NSM universe?

She wasted all her money buying that truck to help move the corpse of her space-son's victim.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nurse: Did you say Peter?
Peter: No she said Spider.
Nurse: I could have sworn I heard her say Peter.
Peter: I have a cold.
Nurse: I see... and that makes a difference?
Peter: ....yes!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nurse: Mr. Jameson? I have shocking news, your photographer Peter Parker is-
JJJ: Lazy? Don't I know it! Stop wasting my time, I have newspapers to publish!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Nice butt, Spider-Man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bruceski posted:

That first panel reads like MJ proposing a makeout session.

The blonde lady is definitely hoping so.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VictorianQueerLit posted:

other than the hospital

Check out this dude who has never been to Florida :smug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All this just reminds me that one of my favorite scenes from Homecoming was Spider-Man shooting his web and the camera pulling back to reveal he's on a golf course at night and the web just spills uselessly to the ground. :allears:

Then you just get that shot of him hoofing it across the greens :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wasn't there a major storyline about how desperately proud of his son he was, because he was an All-American boy AND an astronaut and THAT is the type of person that people should be celebrating, not some rear end in a top hat in a mask who got weird powers that they didn't even earn through hard work or something?

I know his son ended up becoming a kind of monster because of some moon rock they found, and that muddied the waters even more because Spidey was the one who took him down and helped him recover, and then his son became a driver for Captain America? Which REALLY irritated Jonah, if I remember right.