Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Going through the end of the year wrap-ups, I didn't realize that both Jim Carrey and Ed Helms had descended into complete self-parody in 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NokJWOQTISo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WWC0GTP08w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Trick_or_Tea/status/1079977153108811776

Personally, I can't wait for Thursday when I get to go see Escape Room, which is sure to be a runaway succ

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Making a King Arthur movie for kids is actually a very good idea as it's the only way anybody at all is going to give a gently caress about the inevitable next Gritty Adult King Arthur movie in ten years or so

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Who Greenlighted 2019: Cats vs Star Wars, Winner Take All

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Greeenlighted 2019: Disney's smothering the Heaviside Layer

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Who Greenlighted 2019: Even Netflix Turned It Down

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 1, 2019

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Who Greenlighted 2019: Where animation becomes reality, and classic television becomes animation.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I can't believe I have to wait til loving May to see the new Goji.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Angepain posted:

Making a King Arthur movie for kids is actually a very good idea as it's the only way anybody at all is going to give a gently caress about the inevitable next Gritty Adult King Arthur movie in ten years or so

Someone on my FB feed is pretty excited that they're doing a Arthurian movie aimed at kids because it's pretty much the only way that Hollywood could adapt the story earnestly. If they aimed it at adults it would have to be a parody/spoof, or an 'ironic'/tongue in cheek movie with pikey geezers throwing cockney slang everywhere, or a weirdly 'grounded' gritty alt-historical where everyone's yelling all the time and are covered in grime and facepaint.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Before the thread closes, I hope there is a recap on all the movies that came out this year like in the past.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Someone on my FB feed is pretty excited that they're doing a Arthurian movie aimed at kids because it's pretty much the only way that Hollywood could adapt the story earnestly. If they aimed it at adults it would have to be a parody/spoof, or an 'ironic'/tongue in cheek movie with pikey geezers throwing cockney slang everywhere, or a weirdly 'grounded' gritty alt-historical where everyone's yelling all the time and are covered in grime and facepaint.

Take the other option.

https://prokopetz.tumblr.com/post/162322981812/on-legendry

Do a superhero inspired Arthurian movie that gives the Knights of the Round some of their crazy powers that some of the old stories claimed they had.

Or they could do the other other option and reboot King Arthur and the Knights of Justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUucZVnno0

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Vandar posted:

Take the other option.

Do a superhero inspired Arthurian movie that gives the Knights of the Round some of their crazy powers that some of the old stories claimed they had.

I'd like that. Sir Kay in the Mabinogion has blood so hot he uses his bare hands to polish steel. There's a guy in Arthur's court named Osla Big Knife because he carries a big knife. How big is his knife? At one point they need to cross between two peaks, so he puts his knife down for them to use as a bridge. Now that's a knife!

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Angepain posted:

To be fair I would totally watch a King Arthur movie staring Gritty.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

B-Rock452 posted:

No no no, it's an Adult Gritty adaptation, which implies that the Gritty we know now is still an adolescent and will become even more powerful

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Whenever the next batch of DC movies bomb (whenever the Flash movie come out), people will remember Zack Snyder and offer him a King Arthur movie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

marshmallow creep posted:

I'd like that. Sir Kay in the Mabinogion has blood so hot he uses his bare hands to polish steel. There's a guy in Arthur's court named Osla Big Knife because he carries a big knife. How big is his knife? At one point they need to cross between two peaks, so he puts his knife down for them to use as a bridge. Now that's a knife!

Go full anime.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

B-Rock452 posted:

As if anyone could cuckold Gritty.

...unless... Lancelot was also played by Gritty!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lobok posted:

Lady Gweneviere goed to Lancelot's door.

She peeks in and he's engaged in congress with Gritty. Gritty turns his head slowly to meet her gaze. ..

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

marshmallow creep posted:

I'd watch Dark Souls King Arthur.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Who Greenlighted 2019:

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

hypercommercial youtuber clickbait-speculation.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tino posted:

Whenever the next batch of DC movies bomb (whenever the Flash movie come out), people will remember Zack Snyder and offer him a King Arthur movie.

I guess that BvS is already a King Arthur Excalibur movie. Aquaman is also a King Arthur movie. :v:

Edit: :raise:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im not so sure about that bible man reboot

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The answer is obvious: Camelot 3000.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I mean... I feel like the issue is mostly that Excalibur closed the book on serious straight Arthur. You can't top Excalibur, so any new Arthur movie has to have some kind of twist to make it more than just Excalibur But Worse.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Adapt The Crystal Cave, you cowards. :mad:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean... I feel like the issue is mostly that Excalibur closed the book on serious straight Arthur. You can't top Excalibur, so any new Arthur movie has to have some kind of twist to make it more than just Excalibur But Worse.

Beavis came real close

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I disagree. Excalibur is a very specific take on Arthur that doesn't cover the more fantastical high fantasy elements or treats them in a pretty grounded way.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

tino posted:

I'm telling you people, Zack Snyder's Fate/Stay Night

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Lobok posted:

Nutty Professor with only Gritty.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zack Snyder's Shin Megami Tensei

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Zach Snyder presents David Lynch's Evangelion

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I'm telling you people, Zack Snyder's Fate/Stay Night

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Zack Snyder's Shin Megami Tensei

:hai:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Zach Snyder presents David Lynch's Evangelion

I think I said it elsewhere, but I want Snyder's take on any major historical event from the Renaissance. I came to this conclusion after reading Roger Crowley's 'Empires of the Sea' and realised that the siege of Malta/battle of Lepanto would be absolutely perfect for him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snyder wants to make a movie about George Washington.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The MSJ posted:

Dark and gritty cutting down that tree

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Is that Ayn Rand adaptation his next movie? I know The Fountainhead is a bit of a passion project for him.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

The answer is obvious: Camelot 3000.

Camelot: in Space

Lego movie 2 looks like a better justice league film than Justice League

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

or a weirdly 'grounded' gritty alt-historical where everyone's yelling all the time and are covered in grime and facepaint.

I won't stand for this slandering of Lancelot du Lac.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is that Ayn Rand adaptation his next movie? I know The Fountainhead is a bit of a passion project for him.

Yes, and still under WB. Maybe this will be as successful to him as Chef was to fired-by-Marvel Jon Favreau.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
They should just remake Excalibur, but with even bigger armor.

Like, huge gently caress-off World of Warcraft armor. Keep the choreography the same, the knights just cumbersomely pounding on each other with their axes and swords and generally not doing much damage. It's all about tiring out the other guy and then shanking them in the death trap they strapped to their body.