Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I like having full control over the LEDs on my electronics so that I can turn them off, or at least set them to the dimmest possible red

blinding blue and white LEDs on everything are a plague

I got a wireless charging pad made by anker. it has a blue LED but it's really tiny and discreet.

thanks, anker

thanker

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

surprised no one posted about toyota's guild navigator tank, the e-palette. an autonomous mobile store. this is now the fourth time i've seen bullshit like this, what the gently caress

quote:

It'll be fully electric and support autonomous driving technologies either from Toyota or from the companies that use it. It's an open platform for ride-sharing, retail, delivery, or really anything a business can think of.

"Just think how great e-Palette will be at Burning Man," Akio Toyoda, president of Toyota Motor Corporation said during the press event.

Toyoda started off the press event announcing, "It's my goal to transition Toyota from an automobile company to a mobility company." He announced the automaker's latest competitors, Google Apple and Facebook.
:okpos:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

instead of the man let's burn the e-palette instead

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

power botton posted:

I have an axiom 5.1 setup mostly built before they totally jacked up the prices and it suits my needs

my brain threw a rod or something and at first I parsed this as you somehow having an audio setup based around a dell axim PDA

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i am so  fucking  exasperated by this trend of naming products with some stupid simple word with one letter altered or removed

like it's to the point that i will avoid purchasing such a product literally just because of the name

shitpostr

weird broken nerd-brains, unite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

man only 8 pages. CES really has gone downhill.

there's probably tons of hilarious garbage out there, just no one reports on it because all anyone focuses on are the big companies with large presentations.

anyway i reached into the CES pit and found some golden nuggets of corn:

a $300 baby lotion dispenser:

this uh, scent...thing...

quote:

now Moodo is showing it off at CES 2018. It works exactly as advertised, letting you use your smartphone or tablet to select and activate different scents in your home,
It's available now for $189 with 12 scented capsules, and each pack of four after that will cost you $29.

GE made a 27" tablet you bolt above your stove. it even has a camera pointed at the stovetop so you can tweet your cooking??

$499 wireless earbuds made from melted illegal firearms seized in south america :stare:

a $4000 treadmill with a tv bolted to it. it should be noted that peloton's exercise bikes require a monthly subscription :lol:

quote:

Shopping for fresh produce online has always been a bit of a gamble, since you're not actually selecting the fruits and veggies yourself. Santa Clara, California–based startup Robomart aims to change that by bringing online produce shopping to your front door.
The company is currently awaiting its Autonomous Vehicle Testing Permit from the California DMV but expects to have it soon and plans to launch a pilot program in the Bay Area this summer.
gently caress OFF

force feedback isn't enough we need to give gamers a blowjob

quote:

Vortx is ridiculous. It's a cube that you place on your desk, next to your PC or laptop, and it blows hot or cold air in your face, depending on what's happening on-screen.

a $150 thermal printer that prints sticky notes

and finally, this weird rear end thing asus crapped out. supposed to cover up the bezels of monitors in multi-monitor setups

quote:

There are no filters, software or effects at play here: It's simply an optical device that refracts light around the monitors' plastic edges.

HAPPY CES EVERYONE SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

• Locked thread