Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!
I have an 6700k and gtx1070, 1440p I get around 45FPS day/55FPS night. Motion blur and bloom turned off because I always turn off gimmicky effects. Down at 1080p I get 75/85FPS and it's much more playable and I don't notice the resolution decrease at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

DarkDobe posted:

So I don't know if any of you goons still play this but the game has gotten some recent and AWESOME updates.

Lots of hunt talk over in the TFR games thread. Apparently we're all into late 1800s guns over there.

Will say that it has had great updates. Tier 1 hunters have same health as Tier 3, and the latest patch imo makes the game a lot more fun (Bear traps and more incentives to pick up bounty tokens).

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I actually melee armoreds in the body. Not sure if there’s a damage difference, but 3 machete or talon buttstock hits is a kill, as is three heavy knife attacks and two no-stamina hits. All of those can be chained for a stunlock.

You can get ammo and consumables from hunters, I think it’s random.

AFAIK if you are full on ammo it'll always restock a consumable. I try to restock form an ammo crate if they're nearby before looting bodies. I mostly forget to loot bodies though because I played so much before it was implemented.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I was very disappointed when I found out I couldn't permanently take guns from dead hunters. I hope that's on their to do list.

This was the main reason I bought this game. That and zero crafting. I hate the standard BR model of looting like it's loving Diablo. I want to be shooting things not staring at an inventory menu...

AFAIK the devs have confirmed there will be no gun looting. It took them awhile to even put in the current ammo/restock looting, but they're being very careful about any sort of looting mechanic.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

If they really want a more even split of danger between PvE and PvP then I have to ask if PvE gets harder, because I'm running Tier 1 Hunters and it's already, after only a few hours, trivial to navigate an encampment using only melee weapons. Regular zombies, armored, hives, dogs, any of them can be routinely overcome with nothing but a melee weapon (assuming you have a teammate). Furthermore, the failure state for these battles highlights the real danger of the game, because that failure isn't death or even serious injury, it's being forced to discharge a firearm and thus giving away your position to the real monsters roaming this match. Man is the real monster, most dangerous game, etc.

Zombies are really useful during PvP. You can aggro them so they attack others or get them drawn into a fight. Even a few normal zombies charging you during PvP will gently caress you over. Don't even talk about hellhounds during a fight :suicide:.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Just got this game during the steam sale so this is a real newb question:

Me and my partner would find a clue and then a location on the map would have a spot appear with a number 1 on it.

What is this location signifying? My partner kept insisting that the next clue wouldnt be there but then moments later, we'd get an alert that a banishment was happening there.

My partner was of the mind that in previous matches, this number didn't mean anything and I couldn't find any information anywhere about what this location marker is trying to say.

It depends? The number corresponds to the bounty (for two bounty maps there will be `I` & `II`).

At the start of the match when you have no clues it will look like this:

The numbers indicate which bounty it is (the upper left 'quest objectives' match the numbers on the map). The double red line through the map is the two territories that particular bounty may be in, and if you pick up a clue in that area it will go towards that bounty.

If you get a clue the territory will tighten around where the bounty possibly is. As you get more clues it narrows down to a single compound on the map and have the 'target' icon over the building the bounty is in. If you get the clue at the same place the bounty is, the 'target' icon will show the building they are in and your map will immediately update to have no more clues for that bounty available.

For single bounty maps the entire map is the initial territory...

Eventually the map will get something like this:

In this case both bounties are being banished. When that happens everyone on the server will no longer be able to collect clues for that bounty, and its location will be displayed on the map. The 'smoke' or whatever is where the bounty is being banished. It doesn't show the target icon once it's being banished.

So yeah, your friend is right. The number doesn't show where the bounty is, just the possible area it may be, and eventually the compound it's at.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 5, 2018

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I have quite a few hours in this game (don't remember exact # but I'm BL100) and I've never seen anyone in the tower in Blanchett or Healing Waters. The only time I go into the tower on either is to sneak into the building. I feel like trying to snipe out of either of those spots is a recipe for getting murderized by someone you don't see...

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

dtkozl posted:

https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/inside-hunt-s-weapon-system-with-david-west

A good link for how the guns work in the game. Important thing is they are projectile so you have to lead targets as already said, but they don't have bullet drop so you never need to worry about that. Also learn the different audio cues for things like headshot and killing a guy. Also I think you bullet disappears after 300 meters but you will almost never engage at that range.

Basically this. It's kind of hard to get used to leading at long distances since bullet speed depends on the gun. Realistically at a long distance it's only medium and rifle ammo to remember though.

Also some ammo can shoot through trees. If someone runs behind a tree to heal you can totally just blast them away with an uppercut right through the tree.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Roumba posted:

I thought I'd give the game one more go while this free weekend was going on, and, uh... it quickly became a spooky and stormy night for me.

That's a fairly common bug. It usually goes away during the next lighting strike. I generally find I was loving around with dark vision around the same time as lighting when it gets stuck like that.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Last night I got totally owned and called a stoopid bro by a bro who shot me while I could hear him talking to his bro because I lost track of where he was and voice communication doesn't seem as directional as other sounds do.

I'm just above 3k in gold only and running out fast. So these solo jaunts of mine have been pretty unsuccessful for me lately. A few more experiences like the one I mentioned and I might just give up this game for good since I'm pretty bad atm.

Is the goon discord active enough to go looking for hillbilly partners in on the regular?

I'm weird in that I don't really want to go to the official Hunt discord and LFG's or even play duos with randoms.

The official discord is quite active and easy to find another person. I also have a lot of luck asking matchmaking partners to 'join voice chat #X'. I'd say 50/50.

You could also use the in-game chat it can be fun even if everyone can hear.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I feel like it's a big nerf to shotguns although I'll need to play and see. The accuracy buff may balance that and make the Romero 77 Talon useful past early levels. I like the single shot better than the SxS for some weird reason and use it a lot anyway.

One thing waaayyy down in the patch notes is :ducksiren:DUCKS:ducksiren:. This will be interesting.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

They don't just fly around. Sometimes they just hover in the air before despawning.

I especially like when they get aggro and slowly rotate towards you while growling. No leg movement or anything. Just a dog->base_mesh->raw_rotate(direction) sort of way.

I also hope they never fix it.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

The water devil is kind of disappointing. I mean I'll take it over no enemy water AI, but it really really should have been a croc.

Do you mean a gator? Crocodiles don't exist in Louisiana, and there are only maybe a thousand or so in south Florida. They look similar but have at least 80 million years of divergence :eng101:. I agree though. A gator would be better than a tentacle monster.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 18, 2018

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Regrettable posted:

Escape From Tarkov has pretty similar gameplay but with more modern military hardware. The focus is on PVPVE and trying to extract with as much loot gathered from NPCs and other players as possible so you can sell it for money or use it later. The PVE aspects are mostly there to drive the PVP and you can also permanently lose your gear if you haven't paid extra money to insure it.

I'd really like to play EFT. I like the movement controls and combat. I loving hate inventory management in the middle of any game. EFT is completely ruined by inventory management set to 11: "Oh I gotta stick 5 sights on this gun I looted and then put this container in that container and nest everything and make sure all my good stuff is in the pay2win container and oh I guess I should go loot the body halfway across the map but just gotta nest one more container".

That's one reason I even bothered buying Hunt. It's pretty clear the devs aren't interested in matches being focused around managing your inventory instead of actually playing a game.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Crossbows basically require you to get the jump - rendering them irrelevant. I've seen like 5 people using crossbows.

Crossbows are really good. Yeah it's best to get the jump but if you have good aim and you're close (maybe a tiny bit further than shotgun range max) you can really destroy teams with 1-shot death. It really has a harsh damage dropoff; worse than small ammo. I honestly prefer one over a shotgun in most situations, but you need the reload perk to be useful.

Elendil004 posted:

Respawning zombies and a more dangerous map would be great but the devs have said this is a PVP game and honestly that's where this game falls apart. Getting dunked on by a lvl 100 rank 3 with two crossbows is loving dumb every time.

Two crossbows is a dumb loadout tbh. Seems like skill or luck is more important in most cases.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 20, 2018

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

As opposed to what :thunk:

anti-skill and anti-luck. Those are what spawns a tier-3 hunter with dual crossbows hiding in the bushes behind you.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 21, 2018

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

and thus the first practical use of a throwing knife was born

Decoys are easier to use. The throwing knife is really the most OP weapon in the game though as it's essentially a melee weapon that works with no stamina. I don't bother recovering my stamina as much anymore as I can always just pull out a throwing knife and short range throw even with zero stamina.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I've played a lot of games and have rarely encountered a mosin sniper (one time camping in church tower), and maybe a dozen huots. You can usually hear the huot a long way off and decide to avoid and/or attack.

Getting your money back on just the Huot is 2 really good games and more like 5 okay games. Good luck surviving that long when a whiteshirt with a winnie and machete can still gently caress you up.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I think the game is both CPU + GPU intensive.

I have a 6700k + 1070. I run medium at 1080p (downscaled on 1440p monitor). I can get average about 80FPS but I lock it at 60FPS max because otherwise I get stuttering despite G-SYNC being activated. This is the only game that seems to stutter with G-SYNC. 1440p or high settings knocks my FPS down to ~45-55, which is unplayable imo, but I'm used to stuff like 144FPS in R6.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I think it's fine to have the solo contract as long as you can still queue solo in team games. I don't really feel like solo contract will ever be able to be balanced correctly though, and hopefully it doesn't impact the duo mode balancing.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

Seems like all of the new settings are mainly going to affect shaders and lighting effects. Also I have pretty much the exact same FPS I had with the same settings as before so I guess the only "improvements" are that you can further lower settings.

I'm actually getting worse performance. Supposedly they optimized geometry load times, but I'm getting noticeable slowdowns (80FPS -> 40FPS) for a few seconds whenever I enter a new area. Doesn't matter what my graphics settings are. Before this patch I never even realized where the area transitions were but now it's so noticable.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

ive gotten those since i bought the game

Maybe I just notice it because it's in the patch notes? I don't think so though I was getting 60+FPS consistently before.

Knifegrab posted:

Man the nagant officer carbine sucks, I really don't get it. Though I did kill an avtomat jerk with it...

I kinda like it? It's a bit too expensive unless it's changed to a medium. It beats Winfield at close range easily since it shoots as fast as reasonable fanning usage.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Played around with the Sparks and the Mosin for the first time today. Kind of prefer the Sparks over the Mosin and the Vet over the Mosin. Dunno what the point of the Mosin is, really, aside from the penetration of long ammo.

I really like the Vet, but I've been using a the mosin a lot more. The mosin just gives me a lot more ability to engage at any distance. If I see someone slowly crouch walking far away I can get a headshot and kill which might not be possible with the Vet. The large ammo really fucks people up at closer ranges too. Additionally, large ammo shoots through trees. Even fairly large trees. I get a lot of kills by just shooting someone behind a tree after they start healing from the first gently caress you mosin shot.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

I find the Mosin to be frustratingly inaccurate at close to medium range and would rather take a Veterli or Winfield any day, but the bullet penetration is a good point I hadnt considered.

To be fair, you can get similar results with an uppercut, so if you want to do some tree shootin' then you can still use a Veterli main.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

blowing all my dosh before I prestige again so I bought an auto mosin. Its certainly not the be-all-end-all weapon as its such a pain in the rear end to hit anything with it especially while moving but it sure is a good time :getin:

https://streamable.com/9d3q0

https://streamable.com/wuhhb

You should really ADS. You get guaranteed kills in 2-4 shot bursts aimed at the crotch out to 50m or so instead of spamming an entire mag to hit someone.

https://streamable.com/q1ogk :blastu:

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

The Avtomat and Dolch have both had spare ammo halved since some of these videos. The Dolch especially was nerfed a lot. With the Avtomat you can carry an Uppercut or Obrez (for long range shots) to get some extra ammo, but with the Dolch the only medium ammo option other than another Dolch is the Vetterli, which isn't a bad gun, but also covers a similar threat range (maybe slightly longer) but fires much slower. I usually use the Dolch with a crossbow or shotgun so am always ammo starved for medium ammo. If you reload once even conserving ammo with bulletcatcher you won't get the 10rd fast clip reload.

When I use the Avtomat I regularly find myself having to retreat to find a caravan or boss arena with ammo crates. You need a lot of crates to refill, and cannot really sustain a single bounty boss arena battle royale 5-way fight unless you kill every target with a 2-shot bursts. Without a large ammo secondary you cannot even reload the entire magazine after expending it. With the 'lesser' guns I almost never run out of ammo in a prolonged fight.

Since the Nitro was nerfed/fixed a patch or so ago, none of the 'high' tier guns have really seemed all that OP. This game has a really high non-shooting skill ceiling and even a potato shot like me can do well by being better in other areas.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 27, 2018

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Skyarb posted:

Fanning chain pistols is hilarious. I don't think its broken because of how innacurate it is. At the range it becomes useful a shotgun probably would have done a better job. Though this is all based on videos I have watched.

gently caress it I'll buy this weird game.

You can be pretty accurate with the chain pistol. Just don't hold down the fire button. Unless I'm touching somebody I try to fire 'fast semi-auto' with it, and it helps a lot to get more shots on target. Oh and if I'm leaping down on top of someone I just hold the button down because :blastu:.

Sard posted:

The good guns suck to fight against, but since I started running a Romero Talon with a regular ol' Caldwell revolver, I have killed a lot of poor idiots and not died yet. The Romero Talon is an insanely satisfying gun.

Romero Talon is fantastic. I used to run it a lot before the shotgun buff but now it's actually viable to kill people in one shot outside of a 1m headshot.

One thing that helps a lot with shotgun consistency is to always ADS. I get really inconsistent damage if I just hipfire any shotgun, but ADSing seems to kill a lot more often.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

Confirmation bias is my guess but idk

Yeah I didn't say it reduces the spread. I guess I'm just a much better aim when I use sights. The shot pattern is so inconsistent that it helps a lot to have good aim I guess.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

well you did say it increases damage so

???. I said I get inconsistent damage, which I guess is really directly related to my aim as opposed to ADSing, which helps me aim. In any case, I know a number of people that never ADSed before and had a lot more success with 1-shot kills after doing so. I don't have any data of ADS vs. no ADS to get real numbers or anything, but maybe people just have an easier time aiming with sights?

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Varkas posted:

The end of this is some bullshit, right? I'm not missing something obvious here?

Summary: at 2:17 in this clip I can see the body of the tier 3 guy I just killed, while his tier 1 partner pops up and starts a push on me. I take out the tier 1 and move to revive my teammate, only to find the tier 3 guy alive again.

It's hard to tell. Usually when I review something like this it ends up as another team but I don't see the body, and his loadout seems to have the dolch precision (cannot see crossbow from guy who shot you but he was facing you the whole time). I'm not sure if there are any cheats greater than wallhacks, and tbh it's Crytek so cheats and bugs are probably equally likely.

Basticle posted:

are you saying theyre avoiding you or are you not even hearing shots because im put into games alone constantly, especially on the old map.

The old map is almost always empty now. I wish people played it because my eyes burn from the oppressive sunlight of the new map.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Rysithusiku posted:

man, the population in this game is gone so low it's subterranean. all week I've been playing (vaca!) and maybe 15% of the games have been half full. I'd guess 5% full. dozens of games either empty or with 1 or 2 solos. and this is playing during day/afternoon/evening on West.

I largely stopped playing for IRL reasons but when I do play games I haven't been playing Hunt largely because of abysmal performance issues. From minor patch to minor patch it either runs ok or is just loving awful. I don't have a lovely workstation either, and a year ago it ran great and looked at least twice as good. I could run on mostly all high settings with good FPS and no stuttering. After 4.0 they made high settings look like absolute poo poo and also managed to drop the FPS even on low settings.

Oh and I started playing Kenshi too.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

Shotguns are in a great place right now, anyone who complains about them being too overpowered is an idiot.

Also the game runs really really well now (as in framerate) since mid January, they desperately need another free weekend on Steam to get more people to try it.

Agree on both of these. The gun balance seems almost perfect right now. I've never run across such a wide range of loadouts before, and almost everything except for caldwell small ammo guns is good.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Skyarb posted:

Game is kinda dead but 6.0 just dropped.

Not so dead you can't find games usually, but it's small enough that I run into the same people regularly. They really do need to do another free weekend though.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Dev livestream this morning:

- Roadmap on site apparently accurate. Not everything there was covered in this livestream.
- Everything but prestige will be reset in 1.0. Better start using Avtomats and Nitros exclusively.
- New skins unlocked for weapons with real money currency or prestiging.
- New special hunters. Just a custom model or guns or something. I guess some people like this sort of thing.
- Oh did I mention there will be real money currency? You can earn with gameplay too but we all know how fast earning real-money currency is in games. It's not just for cosmetics. They say it is not gameplay affecting stuff but here is a list of gameplay affecting stuff:
  • Reroll hunter selection
  • Reroll hunter perks
  • Buy additional hunter slots
  • Clean weapons. May or may not effect gameplay depending on whether dirt obstructs sight picture like some guns currently do.
- Women will be added to the hunter pool. Mass gamer outrage already starting. "But it's not realistic to have the womms in my completely realistic game about hunting demon zombies! My immersion!"
- Unlocking guns will be a boring chore. You only unlock the base poo poo model and the rest require achievements. Have fun getting 5000 headshots with the hand crossbow before you can unlock the normal one. Achievement unlock progress is linear so the 'player choice' they talk about is really just 'choose to use the same weapon for weeks have fun :suicide:'.
- Scopes will only break when a hunter is downed. I'm.... not so sure about this mechanic but I guess it's nice to have unbroken scopes by default. Guns also get dirtier when downed. Neat I guess?

So far this is the first update that I'm not so excited about. I don't really care about the wipe but the new weapon unlock system looks like a huge loving chore. I could care less about skins and will never use them myself, but I know some people loving love that poo poo. I'm excited for female hunters if only to bask in the collective gamer butthurt about it. If they don't change the weapon unlock system I can see myself taking a long break from the game.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 19, 2019

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

Am I reading this right that the weapon unlocks you're talking about are just cosmetic skins? You just said you dont care about them so who gives a poo poo if they're "a huge loving chore" ?

Weapon variant unlocks. One example they gave is your BR unlocks hand crossbow, and you need to grind achievements to unlock any of the other crossbows.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Replays would be nice. I don't get the feeling of playing against hackers mostly, although hacks do exist. When me or my partner keep getting 1-shot headshot through walls by the same guy multiple times in a game I get a little suspicious, although sometimes the game fails to render a wall. I've been guilty of headshotting someone through a wall that didn't render.

AbsoluteLlama fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 4, 2019

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I think the new map isn't quite as good as the original, but I do like how different the gameplay is. Rifles really shine on it in a way they don't with the old map. Shotguns are still viable for the large interior spaces.

As for tripwires? They aren't all that useful for turtles. At this point people are looking for them in obvious places like entrances. They seem to work best when used at the edges of compounds as more of an early warning, or set next to an explosive barrel for a fun deathtrap. Personally, they mostly get used as end of match celebration fireworks.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

https://streamable.com/cga05

I'm sort of liking the new Winfield. I haven't used it much since it was damage nerfed with the headshot ammo rework awhile back, but I feel like it's easier to aim on the test server.

It probably helps that limbs don't block torso damage anymore. A lot of people have been complaining about the new Sparks but I think it works way better now that you have a guaranteed 149 damage on a body hit.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Basticle posted:

A+

*edit* so this just happened to me https://streamable.com/vjyve

:tif:

This happens sometimes. I think the l think the loader thread dies or something. Everything that's loaded at that point is fine, but it just.... stops. It's different every time depending on when it happens. In your case it hadn't loaded the animations for the zombies so they t-posed.

My last game this happened had 2 polygon trees and disturbing hellhounds: https://streamable.com/p054c

Even though you can see through walls it's more annoying than it just working correctly because you also often cannot see a bunch of stuff you otherwise collide into. It helps to know the map but you'll still find yourself getting stuck on invisible objects here and there.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

Rysithusiku posted:

fuckin lol, both of these things have been widely used now for many months.
there's also ones that tell you exactly where the boss compound is, where resupply points are, and straight up aimbots you can toggle on and off at will. there are videos of prominent streamers using them too.
these have all been brought to the devs' attention and they seem uninterested or incapable of doing poo poo besides banning the super obvious ones that are 400/0 KD on top of the leaderboards

Where are these videos of streamers cheating? I wouldn't be surprised if cheats were more common but I haven't seen videos myself for at least year.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

This game probably has the most impressive lighting I have ever seen in a game. Sometimes some random poo poo will happen like an immolator blowing off in the middle of a nearby forest and it looks/sounds so real it kind of fucks with me.

I wish I had video from back when it was first released. They've made the game look much, much worse than it used to. It does still look pretty good but the nights used to be darker and stuff like fusees had amazingly detailed lighting.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

It does mostly run better now. It didn't for at least six months while they were loving with stuff. It's certainly in a better state for most people now.

When they dropped the 'performance' patch I was using a GTX1070 and my stable 70+ FPS at high/med settings went to gently caress all FPS and also looked worse. I had to run on low everything for a long while, and I would still get the compound loading stutter even with my NVME samsung pro ssd. On the other hand, a friend of mine with a 970 and slower cpu was able to make the game playable on low which they hadn't been able to before.

It's slowly gotten better, and I also have a 1080 now which helps. I get 90+ FPS on different med/high settings but it still looks worse than it originally did. Looks way better than when the perf patch dropped though. If you are having perf issues it helps to drop into a match and individually toggle various graphics settings. Some have a much bigger impact than you'd think, and they change from patch to patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

I haven't played in awhile and haven't tried the new changes but I don't see the problem. This patch may get me playing again as I got really tired of the Mosin being the only gun that was any good.

IMO the best meta was the old Winfield meta right after general early access release: New players had cheap well-rounded guns (Winfield) that could actually be better in some cases than the more expensive large ammo guns. Back then all ammo sizes had no range falloff for headshots, so I don't see this patch making Winnies any more OP than that good meta. I felt like the other 'better' more expensive guns were more sidegrades for specific situations.