Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is this necessarily a PVP game? I think I'd much prefer something closer to victorian fantasy Evolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Bummer. Oh well. Hope springs eternal.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
gently caress yes. Got my first ever kill and win. Feels good. My buddy didn't seem to get what was going on since he didn't pick up a bounty token, but hey, we did something. The legend of KARL ERTL grows.

I love the load music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd5Mrjq3jc

e: i am now terrified of playing another game. karl ertl must live

Bogart fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 10, 2018

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Knifegrab posted:

Been trying the free weekend and I am enjoying it but good god is this games UI/menu system bad and man is there no tutorial and holy gently caress am I confused. Some questions:

-Are the weapons hitscan or projectile (i.e. do I have to lead my shots at range)?
-What the heck is dark vision? I realize that it shows the location of hints, and it also seems to show lightning over enemies who have collected a bounty? Why?
-How does the whole bounty system even work? I have found a boss monster but never killed it, but when other people do there is a slow progression in the top left of the screen as they are "banishing"... what?
-When should I extract? Currently I never have because I die. I am not sure when I should lick my wounds and just get out of dodge...

I really like the atmosphere and more methodical gameplay and am looking forward to the free weekend :)

edit: I checked the OP and second post and couldn't find this info there but maybe i missed it?

1) Not sure.
2) So you can kill them and get the bounty for yourself. Nobody gonna know if you did the dirty work, long as you return with the butcher's head.
3) Banishing is the process of sending a monster to hell to get the bounty. It's also shown on the map. It's a big flag to other hunters that THESE GUYS BURNED RESOURCES KILLING A BADDIE, KILL THEM AND TAKE THE EFFORTS OF THEIR HARD WORK.
4) Once you have a bounty, run to extraction. If all the bounties are collected, go to extraction anyway. Better your dude lives and you on't have to pay for him again.

Do we have a discord yet? e: we do https://discordapp.com/invite/AvqGFbM

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If it is, don’t let it spread. Last thing we need is pub stars running around with knives and dusters trying to ninja their way through the bayou

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
sweet god where is that

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Basticle posted:

:stare: https://streamable.com/5lg66

my hands were literally shaking after this

You can loot dead hunters?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think Hives are a little overcooked at the moment, yeah. Especially for a beginning player who's too gunshy to buy an antidote.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Free to play when

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bogarts posted:

My buddy and I got this but he's constantly getting some error 0x7113 bug and has only been able to play once. Pretty frustrating.

who the hell are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Dynamite sticks at dawn.