Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I had this game when I was younger. It gets stupid hard for a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

When you punch a dude so hard his soul reverses.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

painedforever posted:

Oh, thanks!

Stranglehold seems to be a straight-up Max Payne clone. Except not quite, because I think Max Payne was based on these Hong Kong movies made by John Woo, many of which starred Chow Yun Fat.

Max Payne was based on John Woo's movies and The Matrix (which itself was heavily based on John Woo's style, translated to a Western sci-fi style). Stranglehold is in a weird place because it came after both of those and may be unintentionally seen as aping them when in fact it's based on the originator.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think it’s really noticeable with the bikes. There’s not a ton of combat variety, so even when they add a new twist it goes on for so long that it either gets dull or stretches credibility.

I wish we didn’t have disappearing bodies so we could see the goons and motorcycles piling up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

In case anyone was curious, "ho hing dai" translates as "Good brother" or "Good friend".

Also, Sung Lung is criminally underused.

Edit: Holy poo poo is that dude wearing basketball shorts over baggy sweatpants?

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 8, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I found Kit a new weapon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJRSf55zsE

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scruffy, what's the greeting you're giving in each video?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was disappointed to find that Buckethead never actually wrote a song about Jet Li. This is the closest I could get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL3tcDNZUiQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'd definitely be there for a Max Payne LP. I'm a huge, huge fan of the series and its styling and it's a big part of my childhood.

• Locked thread