Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I have played this game and enjoyed it despite the frustrating control schemes. I approve of your decision to LP it and will be following the thread. :D Hi-yah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Yes, you have unlimited ammo. It'd get crazy later if you didn't.

The game you refer to with Chow Yun Fat is Strangehold. Great LP here.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I think that's the only part where enemies on motorcycles even show up. Kicking them off thus becomes a Level Gimmick instead of a new mechanic. That is both good and bad.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I remember when I played this game it had English dubbing for all scenes if you want to flip it on. I understand why Scruffy is keeping the Hong Kong scenes in Catonese, but I wanted to point that out.

Next level is my favorite. :)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If the Evil Laugh didn’t expose her, the high heels should have. Nobody sensible wears high heels in a job where you have to be on your feet a lot. I’m surprised she could fight so well in them.

I mostly like this level for the Hard Boiled homages and the Nurse Boss.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
No apology necessary here, I enjoyed the LP as I do all your work. Ever thought of doing a Max Payne or Red Dead game? They seem your style.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Plus there’s no actual fight with the dirty cop. Even if it were hopeless for him it would have been nice to actually hit the guy a few times outside the cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
IMO Red Dead Revolver is way more fun than Redemption. Redemption has too many depressing stories and bs cougars jumping at you. The controls are challenging but if you can handle Rise to Honor- whose controls are worse...

Max Payne is a great game for the noir story, the lines (“Fear that gives men wings”, “I rate pretty high on police brutality”, “what do you mean- he’s unstoppable?”, etc), and of course the bullet time gunplay.

I suggested Red Dead and Max Payne because they seem to match your interests and play style. I look forward to your next LP, whatever it may be.

• Locked thread