Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

11: Mitsuwano (Three Rings). this one is about 3 apprentice maikos. does about nothing with the concept. story is a bunch of nothing, animation is near absent and nobody even gets hosed, worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Watched the thunderbolt movie, and wow, Gale is such a dick, I hope someone blueballs him again in S2.

Also Wolf Children is the story about widow mom Hana raising her wolf kids in rural Japan. I found the ending bittersweet and hopeful, kinda like the girl who leapt through time. By the time the film reached the end credits I was left wishing I could still hug my mom. I watched the movie with a cousin who's a dad and he related to Hana and the difficulties of parenting.

1. Koe no katachi.
2. Your Name.
3. Ponyo
4. Thunderbolt Fantasy.
5. Wolf Children.

To watch: when Marnie was there, and jumping on the book girl train. Vostok made the yu-gi-oh movie sound like a must watch so that also goes on the list.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Relin posted:

man looking at what came out in 2017 and it's no wonder nothing got oscar nominated (setting aside problems with the nomination system itself)

so many movies are based on requiring existing knowledge of a franchise. this is like hollywood's remake sequel remake problem turbo mode

of the 7 movies i saw from 2017, none of them i would say deserve an oscar, with the best being mary and the witches flower

What about In This Corner of the World, A Silent Voice, Napping Princess, and Your Name?

Most anime films I would just consider extensions of TV series, it's not exactly the same issue as Hollywood remakes.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I'm not gonna count these in my list b/c they're not anime but recently I saw J Edgar and Black Panther and they're both cool movies that I think people should watch

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
hey srice

https://twitter.com/chuuyasnakahara/status/971062076696416257

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I watched Studio Ghibli's Ocean Waves last night and what a disappointment that was. According to wikipedia it was an attempt to make a movie by the younger staff quicker and cheaper than their other works and it shows even though it still went over schedule and budget. The premise is something that really appeals to me; a coming of age story about two close friends getting involved in a love triangle when a new girl transfers into their school. However there is a severe lack of character development in the movie and their is barely any focus on the two dude's interactions and friendship. The movie says that they are really close but they don't show it at all. This makes the love triangle aspect not have any emotional weight or impact because they seem like acquaintances at best. I attribute this to its short length (72 minutes) because it feels like half a movie. The main girl is a interesting character but the guys are complete wet blankets that make any interaction with her completely boring. I suppose the movie is lacking in heart and it makes the emotional resolution at the end of the movie feel very unearned and empty.

However it is a Ghibli movie so it still looks very nice and competent. The movie should have been gayer and focused on the two dude's relationship and how the love triangle affects it. Instead they are just complete doormats who don't add anything interesting to the movie.

List so far:
1. Book Girl
2. Ghost in the Shell
3. Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale
4. Summer Wars
5. Ocean Waves

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I had seen this thread earlier this year and meant to submit the number of movies I planned to watch. I know I'm pretty bad and keeping up with things so I'll declare 12 movies and just shoot for one a month. I'll probably get to more but 1 a month is the bare minimum I feel I'll accomplish. Reading Mike Toole's list I have at least seen (and own) Highlander the Search for Vengeance, Children who Chase lost Voices, and The Sky Crawlers. The rest ranged from stuff I've heard of to completely unknown with the majority in the latter camp. I plan to just add movies to my list by just shopping around local resale shops and seeing what DVD's or VHS tapes pop off the shelf. As well as this pleasant trend in recent years of having subtitled movies show at local theaters which saves the trip to the specialty one in a nearby city.

This year so far I know I've watched three animated movies so I'm on schedule (although this wasn't intentional). The current list is:

quote:

Thunderbolt Fantasy
I have had a huge affection for puppetry since I was a kid and I was very surprised in 2016 when a friend and I stumbled onto this show just shopping around for something new to watch that season. It quickly became my favorite show that year and Studio Pili knocked the SFX and choreography out of the park. The first 5 minutes of that show are still some of my favorite. When I heard that a movie was coming out to bridge the gap between the first and second seasons I was very excited. The end result was two good stories; one finally explaining the grudge the notorious Screaming Phoenix killer had for the Enigmatic Gale (I can remember their titles better than their names it seems), and the other a nice recap/teaser for what is to come in the future.

quote:

Mazinger Z: Infinity
Went to the Theatrical release of this movie during it's limited run. I have a shallowish history with Mech anime, mostly just watching stuff that aired on Animondays, and Cartoon Network in the 2000s and some scattered DVD's over the years. But going to see this was still a fun ride despite me not knowing the history of Mazinger. I did raise an eyebrow during one comedic sketch that definitely seemed like a deliberate retread of some 80's style humor, and had a good laugh at the blatant fanservice characters of 4 mech pilots that existed for T&A. I do kind of miss Japan's fixation on evil organizations as I've seen it often in older Kamen Rider shows as well as the Giant Robo OVAs.

quote:

Escaflowne
I'd seen the original airing of 'Visions of Escaflowne' in the states but my memory of the events had greatly eroded. Found this Movie on a shelf and after watching it, I was able to remember the broad beats of the story although it left out some of the late game stuff like the true villain turning out to be Sir Isaac Newton. It's been a while since I've seen something that was cel animated and the contrasts and use of color really stuck out to me. And comparing how the mechs "feel" in this to Mazinger, there is a far greater sense of weight to the movements of the Gimelaphs as they have huge, lumbering windups to their attacks and falling results in lots of damage to the surrounding area.

The story itself was short and simple, had I not seen the original anime I might not have noticed but they do cram a lot into the short run time but it still felt like it was rushing the story of the anime but that's to be expected given there was an entire series to encapsulate.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

12: this bump is dedicated to srice

yamato 2202, movie 4 (first half): they only subbed the first half so far so thats all i watched. the first half... of the first half, so the first quarter was a bit weak. it was a repeat scenario, something they even acknowledge, and way too filled with technobabble. some ugly cgi too. the second half was better. the op finally got lyrics, thank god

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
For $1 I thought that Resident Evil: Degeneration was going to be a movie bad enough to rival the latter live action films. Instead I got a solid CG movie with a surprisingly decent plot although it's about as well written as the games themselves. Good action parts with Leon, an actual twist with one of the characters The scummy senator turning out to just being a jerk and not an actual villain and a decent final fight although it got a bit hammy right at the finale of it.

quote:

1. Thunderbolt Fantasy
  2. Mazinger Z: Infinity
  3. Escaflowne
  4. Resident Evil: Degeneration

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Watched 2 movies over the last weekend.
Your Name
A Silent Movie

Your Name was a splendid movie. I didn't see the twist coming.

A Silent Voice was just amazing, 10/10. Couldn't hold back my tears.
I am definitely re watching it later this year. Absolutely breathtaking.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I watched the last Madoka movie, Rebellion. I thought it was unnecessary but filled with some very nice animation. Almost over the top in some spots because they had transformation sequences that were very pretty but went on for ages.

The final twist is what I disliked the most though it does make the movie have some importance to the story as a whole. Without that final twist it's just rehashing stuff from the original series. But it also felt like a sharp left turn for that character.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

13 this one goes out to isao takahata

panda kopanda (both movies): this pre-ghibli feature was a rework of the famously failed pipi longstocking venture and it shows. its heroine, mimiko both looks and acts like her with her many handstands. the titular panda on the other hand is a clear totoro prototype, sharing both his looks and mannerisms. a fair amount of its scenes also found their way in other ghibli features. numerous western influences are clearly visible, a lot of them disney but also others (goldlocks, tigger, dumbo and more). its a pleasant watch that still looks great but its writing outside of the gags is standard kids movie stuff, so a bit dull when its not doing jokes.

can you spot the cameos?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ccs posted:

I watched the last Madoka movie, Rebellion. I thought it was unnecessary but filled with some very nice animation. Almost over the top in some spots because they had transformation sequences that were very pretty but went on for ages.

The final twist is what I disliked the most though it does make the movie have some importance to the story as a whole. Without that final twist it's just rehashing stuff from the original series. But it also felt like a sharp left turn for that character.

Been a couple years but from what I remember from Rebellion; The final twist to me Was abrupt but logical. Homura has spent countless iterations deepening her feelings for Madoka and becoming more and more distressed on how to save her. The illusion world was supposed to be the final solution, but when Homura realized that even that couldn't work she decided to remove Madoka's agency entirely which makes perfect sense.

I remember watching that movie and being legitimately speechless at the ending.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bump

I watched Mary and the Witches Flower which as you might expect was a visual delight, with the first scene at Endor College especially being a parade of imaginative designs and spectacle. These visuals are the real reason to watch it, since the story is pretty safe and unremarkable with a kinda flat script for how light the subject matter was. Also there were two kitties and they were very cute.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

About a month ago I decided that my next movie was going to be Tamako Love Story but I decided that I was going to watch Tamako Market first so I could properly appreciate the movie. This was a mistake because Tamako Market is so drat boring that it absolutely killed my desire to watch it but I was already 6-7 episodes in so I figured I may as well finish it. It was not worth it and I doubt that the mediocrity of Tamako Market made me like Tamako Love Story more than if I just watched the movie first. Anyways, Tamako Love Story is pretty good. Market put too much focus on this annoying loving talking bird and his story which really brought the rest of the show down. The bird doesn't show up at all in Love Story and it is so so so much better for it. KyoAni is as great as always and I found the titular love story really interesting and sweet. Tamako realizes that as she get's older everyone around here is changing and has ideas for the future while she does not. She wants everything to stay the same but has to come to terms with her changing feelings for Mochizo. Not a particularly deep movie but it was nice nonetheless.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Just finished Death By Hanging by Nagisa Oshima. It's about the execution of the character R, based on (from Wikipedia) Ri Chin'u, an ethnic Korean who in 1958 murdered two Japanese school girls. The film opens with him being hanged for this crime, but he inexplicably survives unconscious. The officials presiding over the hanging decide that he now constitutes a demented person and it is illegal to execute him. They revive him but find that he has no memory of who he is or his crimes, so the prison officials try to act out his crimes to jog his memory while the chaplain argues that his soul has already left his body and he is a different person entirely. I read a summary of the movie online a while before watching it and the thing I did not expect is that these roleplay scenes are really funny. Kind of hard to describe without making them sound tasteless (which I don't think they are) but I guess there's an absurdity in the seriousness of the situation that's funny. Kind of like Strangelove, maybe? (Saw it as a kid and don't remember a bit of it tbh. And stuff like the doctor saying there are no books on amnesia after execution, the way the matronly old man plays the girl in all the murder plays, etc. The way the Japanese officials try to reconstruct R's home life reveal both casual and strong racism against Koreans, even as they posit his hard life due to his Korean heritage as the cause for his becoming a murderer.
Halfway through the movie breaks with the previously realistic presentation in ways that I found really cool. Reminded me a lot of Box Man by Kobo Abe. Can't really do it justice in writing right now so I'll just leave it for anyone who wants to watch the film. Later on the Japanese officials reveal their culpability or direct participation in war crimes and it kind of contrasts R's absolute culpability for the two murders against the massively larger death toll attributed to the Japanese nation which the officials - who are its agents - deny responsibility for. The morality of corporal punishment enters here as well. Anyway they kill him at the end. Really enjoyed the film. It's left me with a ton to chew on and I'm sure lots more that flew over my head. I know there's been some discussion in the season thread about Japanese media acknowledging Japan's warcrimes and this would definitely be a place to look.

e; im a homo im gay

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 28, 2018

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i thouh this was hard to read single spaced but i just realized i hosed all the mobile users im sorry everyone

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

i thouh this was hard to read single spaced but i just realized i hosed all the mobile users im sorry everyone

i read it on mobile first and didn't even realize what was going on

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

looks weird

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well if I edit it now it'll have that ugly "edited by, on..." thing that I hate so I just have to live with my crimes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

then die by my sword

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just finished Batman Ninja/Ninja Batman ????

i would definitely recommend it to anybody without huge hangups on cg animation, or people who can at least overlook them for what is an otherwise great production. the cg is done well when it comes to action scenes but it doesn't have quite enough expressiveness in either body language or facial expressions, so outlandish characters like Harley Quinn and Joker suffer from feeling a bit more restrained than their vocal performances. animation aside, the character designs are great and littered with fun period reinterpretations of classic batman stuff and other visual motifs (like Joker's tooth/mouth patterns). the background artwork is also incredibly strong, starting with a more stylized aesthetic mimicking woodblock prints and ukiyo-e, before transitioning into more traditional modern painted backgrounds. this care for detail also flows into the overall design of the setting, which is littered with ingenious bits like monkey armor that is made so they can form into ladders, or hidden gunmen being literally tied to their mounted guns that flip up from the floor. now, this being a Kamikaze Douga production, they appear to have taken some small strategies from the Pop Team adaptation and applied them here, as the movie notably diverges from the cg style for both an ukiyo-e montage and the mind blowing Pastoral Scene, which has an entirely different set of credits and features work typical of Shinya Ohira and some of his past collaborators.

as for the story, it's a bit of a slow starter but continues to escalate into an awesome spectacle, gathering various anime tropes like dramatic shogi and giant robots along a path littered in alliances that dissolve into double crosses and reform again. batman stops for a brief bit of reflection about his relationship to technology but otherwise there isn't really any theme being advanced here. given where the story goes, i can't imagine anybody terribly minding. i ended up watching dubbed rather than subbed, since my copy had dubtitles that noticeably diverge from the JP script, but what parts i watched in japanese were arguably stronger. by the end Tony Hale does grow into the Joker role well enough, but overall the dub did seem to have some consistency issues so ymmv.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I just watched Ninja Batman and thought it was awesome. Such clever art direction and crazy ideas. Joker's face rig was incredibly flexible which I felt gave him the best animated performance he's gotten since Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. Totally puts the animation in any DC thing since then to shame.

The Japanese version is way better since it's got less filler dialogue that lets the sequences breath, and the Japanese voice actors are just better.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

14 is another isao takahata feature, gauche the cellist. i don't have much to say about this one. its a short movie about music

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Do live action movies count towards our totals?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

are they at least anime related

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I watched The Cat Returns and wasn’t super into it. It had this weird meandering feeling despite half the movie being dedicated to getting out of the Cat Kingdom. Fat cat owned though and there were a couple sequences I really liked (cat processional at night and saving the prince from the truck).

The Baron’s hands bothered me every time I noticed them on screen and I wish he was just another rogue cat, instead of a statue or whatevs

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I watched Ninja Scroll like a week ago. I don't really have a whole lot to say about it. I do love me some gore though. 7/10

List so far:
1. Book Girl
2. Ghost in the Shell
3. Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale
4. Summer Wars
5. Ocean Waves
6. Tamako Love Story
7. Ninja Scroll

Delicious sandwich
Nov 6, 2011

Erg posted:

I watched The Cat Returns and wasn’t super into it. It had this weird meandering feeling despite half the movie being dedicated to getting out of the Cat Kingdom. Fat cat owned though and there were a couple sequences I really liked (cat processional at night and saving the prince from the truck).

The Baron’s hands bothered me every time I noticed them on screen and I wish he was just another rogue cat, instead of a statue or whatevs

I also saw this recently (part of the GKids Ghibli festival thing). I agree with everything you said, the story seemed to get a lot worse once they entered the Cat Kingdom. I liked it quite a bit up until that point. The main character didn't seem to do much growth either. The Baron has his repeated line about how she should believe in herself, but all she ever does along those lines is yell at the king at the end. Then in the denouement she's a lot more confident or something, but I didn't really see how that came about.

The Baron's hands also bothered me although I'd forgotten about them until seeing this post...

Also as part of the GKids thing I saw Ponyo last month. I didn't like it that much. The main character kid is not really that interesting and I didn't understand the part of the plot where the world was apparently endangered and Ponyo was key to saving it. (Though I wonder if I just missed some exposition when wizard guy was talking about the magic potion.) Also the ending's being about a five year old declaring his eternal love for a girl/goldfish he met a day before was just weird.

I liked some stuff, like the big storm and the flooded city. And the mom was great.

1. Mary and the Witch's Flower
2. Lu Over the Wall
3. Ponyo
4. The Cat Returns

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Batman Ninja is dumb as all gently caress, but I had a drat good time, so that's all that really matters. It's an interesting flick to watch so soon after Isle of Dogs and THAT whole conversation. Despite the plot thrust being a literal White Savior narrative where Batman is prophecised to travel thru time and save Japan, it avoids becoming Problematic cuz it's not really about Bats uniting the disparate sides of Japan to come together as one or whatever. It isn't ABOUT anything, it's all just a big flashy excuse to dress Batman and the gang in ridiculous samurai garb and have a dumb flashy samurai sword fight at the end, and it delivers on that front. Kamikaze Douga are operating on some NEXT LEVEL poo poo here visually and there are tons of great set pieces, aka the whole reason you'd wanna watch. The screenplay was by Kazuki Nakashima (Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann) of all people, and it shows, both in the mile-a-minute way the film jumps from one set piece to the next and in the way the one or two genuinely interesting ideas or plot culdesacs that crop up get immediately tossed aside for the next big dumb thing. Ya take the good w the bad; the film is always moving, but there's nothin really here to chew on. A good hour and change of flashy, empty calories. It's nice getting an animated DC thing that isn't so relentlessly, embarrassingly grimdark.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just finished the first KochiKame movie and was surprised at how good it was. went in not knowing any staff or even what year it was made, and it turns out to be a beautiful late 90's action comedy kinda in the vein of Patlabor, directed by Shinji Takamatsu (Gintama, Boys Nichijou, etc). i'm not really familiar with the franchise at all, but this works pretty well at establishing Ryo's character and a few other characters in relation to him, in addition to Lisa Hoshino, who i am assuming is your typical "movie-only" character. i dunno if there's a ton i really care to break down, but the painted backgrounds look great and all the action is animated with care. i don't think the humor is too dated or stale, and it keeps up a great pace throughout. there's a tinge of anti-capitalism in the main conflict, which was actually kinda surprising even though it's not carried too far. the only real complaint i have, which is totally ignorant of how the main series works, is that the movie doesn't really feel like an ensemble and is more Ryo-centric. there is definitely a cast of unique characters around him, but they aren't given much room to show their stuff.

i would definitely recommend people check this out if they at all liked the more comedic Patlabor OVAs, as this matches that tone and the police workplace pretty well, and there's even a bomb disposal robot that exists as a sort of tertiary character.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watched Kochikame and it was great. The humor was great and even though it's a 40 year old manga nothing felt particularly dated about the humor or the cast. If you watch it try and spot the Sheeeh!!. It looks really great and the main character Ryo is loveable even though he's kind of a shithead. I really liked the running joke springing from the 30 year old shonen jump copy. It's cool that the moral is that it's okay to bomb buildings if they're owned by evil capitalists and the bombs don't hurt anyone else. It definitely makes me want to read the manga to figure out the story behind some of the characters that make cameos, like the hardboiled New York cops, the weird military guys that guard Ryo's bedroom and Ryo's Chinese boyfriend.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I still watch anime, honest. I watched Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro yesterday and what a great movie that was. I saw it on Netflix so I decided why the hell not and it was the only Miyazaki directed film that I had not seen. This was basically a Miyazaki heist film and it was wonderful. Lot's of great sequences though the opening chase scene with it's awesome music really sticks out to me. There was also a shadowy cult that looked suspiciously like the KKK but in black. The movie was just a ton of fun and I'm glad I checked it out on a lark.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I watched Kimagure Orange Road: I Want To Return to That Day. It was just about a perfect movie and the perfect and definitive end to the series (unless you count the weird late 90s reboot where Kyosuke goes to the future and finds out he was murdered in Bosnia). The only thing I didn't like and this is the same thing I dislike about the series is that Kyosuke's friends Komatsu and Hatta are seriously obnoxious and unfunny but the movie seems to hint that Kyosuke is growing apart from them. It's also only going to be really impactful to people who have watched the preceding 56 episodes of Kimagure Orange Road. It's a wonderful bittersweet meditation on the end of youth and transition and a heart wrenching breakup movie. I suggest both the showand this movie. Farewell

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bumped up my count to 17 with 3 movies

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

18: flavors of youth was dull and devoid of artistic merit

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I totoally forgot I saw this but it counts so, yeah, I saw One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia recently. Was OK, tho it takes a whiiiiiiile to get going. The tv show's pacing issues definitely carried over here, as do the production values, yeesh.

Foxy's back, which is nice, and all the Hats get their moments to shine. The premise of an island that nullified devil fruit powers had juicy implications for characters like Chopper and Brooke, so of course they avoid that by just keeping them off the island for most of it, but it's to the film's credit that this didn't kill my interest in it. Dissapointed in some ways, but it's still basically the same old charming One Piece.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Been watching a lot of movies lately, Koe no Katachi, Your Name, and Bungaku Shoujo in the last couple of days. These are absolutely in a descending order of Good.

Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice): I really liked this movie, though since I was drinking more heavily than I thought I was while watching it, a thorough review will have to wait until I watch it again without drinking myself stupid. Very well animated, with fun characters, relatable struggles, and overall just a joy to watch. The drama is heavy without being overblown, and good god it was just such a beautiful film. It's extremely unfortunate that the only prescription glasses I have right now are sunglasses (stepped on the non sunglass pair), so I didn't even get to see it properly, but hell, I'll be able to have even more fun when rewatching it. Excellent film.

Your Name: This one was pretty hyped up. I heard there was gonna be a huge twist in it, and I really thought it was hinting towards both main characters being incarnations of the same soul. That would have been really cool and interesting, a story about self-love in the literal and metaphorical sense, but instead it was a fairly standard affair. Standard doesn't mean bad, certainly, but it does mean that everyone who talks about the crazy twist has seen maybe three anime in their drat lives. (NOTE: still drunk right now, so don't poo poo on me too hard for my hot takes, I get real fuckin judgy when I'm drunk.) It was a pretty good movie, all told. Looked very nice, and I liked the atmosphere in the country town.

Bungaku Shoujo: Not quite a waste of time, and that's the nicest thing I have to say about it. So many characters are introduced only to show up one god drat time, all the characters are loving stupid, and the big tragedy at the end has to do with the heroine moving away. Oh boo loving hoo, Japan is so goddamn small. This sort of tragedy makes sense in America, where the country is actually loving huge, but my god kids, just take the loving train every couple of weeks and meet up, talk via text in the between, this isn't hard. This isn't a tragedy. I love bittersweet stuff, but this is just bitterstupid. Come the hell on.

The entire story feels like it was written by a teenager, rather than for teenagers. One of the main girls clearly has BPD, but don't worry it's just a deep scar on her soul and it can be healed by a trip to an observatory and some nice words. Nah man, I got mental illnesses up the wazoo too, she's """cured""" now, but next week somebody will buy the wrong kind of cheese and she's gonna be jumping in front of trucks again, bet on my loving life. Oh, the main character, he's a really good writer, haha. Then why is he some kinda idiot fuckin bland rear end harem protag who hasn't thought a single interesting thing in his life. God. He can't even pick between three girls, constantly loving around and trying to kill himself and kissing people like come on man, focus up, this is ridiculous. Get a grip!!!

Bungaku Shoujo made me realize that while I love bittersweet romance anime movies, I get real lovely whenever they're not perfect. Feel like an angry abuela screaming about a bad development in her soap opera. If anyone's got any bittersweet romance recs, please god post them. I've only recently gotten into anime movies, and I think I'm starting to prefer them a whole lot. They're so pretty!

e: read this post after a bit and uhhh it does look a little psychotic, but I get real passionate about stuff I like, and this is just what happens sometimes. don't worry about throwing me into an insane rant or whatever, it's just how I like to talk about stuff

klapman fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 13, 2018

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Book Girl is real funny as a bad movie but it loses its appeal on rewatches when you know every dumb twist that will happen.

For a good romance movie, watch Anthem of the Heart, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I watched most of Meteor Man. funny movie