Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Faisel_90/status/949048653230104576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Seems like a solid prediction to me, well done Tactics Tim.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Pretty bold of Tactics Tim to rule out Swansea at this stage

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wengy picked up a 3 match ban for abusing Howard Dean after the West Brom match.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

blue footed boobie posted:

Wengy picked up a 3 match ban for abusing Howard Dean after the West Brom match.

Reports say Dean wasn't amused by Wenger yelling "Byaaaaah" at him.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wenger did nothing wrong

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

What in the world was Howard Dean doing in the referees locker room?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Someone make an FA Cup thread so I can comment on how old Peter Reid is looking

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

HJB posted:

Someone make an FA Cup thread so I can comment on how old Peter Reid is looking

Be the change you want to see

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Shrapnig posted:

What in the world was Howard Dean doing in the referees locker room?

YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/949734975166930944

RIP Hughes.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I'm doing all the moves right now!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Meat Wagon posted:

I'm doing all the moves right now!

Who do you reckon will replace Hughes?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't know. I really don't have much faith in the board to appoint someone that can keep us up. Coates in both spells as chairman has only really appointed british managers and there is a lot of shite out there.

It's going to take someone really loving good to get us out of the mess that we're in. No doubt if we do get relegated the media will be full of the usual "careful what you wish for" bollocks but I'm certain if we had kept Hughes we were going down anyway. The tea lady couldn't do much worse than Hughes right now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't like that

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Get Rafa in.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

almao

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Just waiting for Giggs to rule himself out

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Ninpo posted:

Just waiting for Giggs to rule himself out

On the other hand Stoke getting tag-team relegated by a pair of Welsh bellends has some appeal

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I’m hearing BRodgers might be coming back from the wilderness to be reunited with Charlie Adam and (wee) Joe Allen. Amazing if true.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

ozmunkeh posted:

I’m hearing BRodgers might be coming back from the wilderness to be reunited with Charlie Adam and (wee) Joe Allen. Amazing if true.

Isn't he doing amazingly well at Celtic?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brony Car posted:

Pretty sure I could do amazingly well at Celtic

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Brony Car posted:

I don’t follow scotch football but isn’t managing Celtic basically like picking up the invincible star in Mario Kart?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Could have done without another team getting a new manager bounce TBH.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brony Car posted:

Considering he basically came out publicly and said that they were resigned to losing their best player to Brighton & Hove Albion since it'd mean him getting a five-fold salary increase, whatever Stoke were paying Hughes is probably a massive step up

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
brodgers doesnt care about the money

brodgers cares about the purity of football

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Just seems like less of a headache then trying than slogging through a relegation fight. I guess if he gets a massive pay raise then it's worth it, but at Celtic he gets to concentrate on the stuff he cares about most like attacking.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Brendan Rogers is a winner, if he remains at Celtic, he can keep on being a winner.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I think Brendan Rodgers is a good manager and Stoke would be lucky to have him :unsmith:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

End the season now imo.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I loving hate Rodgers but he's better than most options currently out there. I am just annoyed they waited this long to sack sparky

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Imagine a league with Brendan Rodgers on top of all the current characters in the league. Mourinho, Pep, Rafa, Wenger... we just need Allardyce and Pulis back.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Vinestalk posted:

Imagine a league with Brendan Rodgers on top of all the current characters in the league. Mourinho, Pep, Rafa, Wenger... we just need Allardyce and Pulis back.

Good news, Big Sam lives

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Oh my god

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I like Rodgers, but he'd be terrible at Stoke.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Liverpool are currently in a quantum state of being definitely in and definitely not in for both Lemar and Mahrez.

I guess it's nice to see the club actually keep their cards close to their chests rather than leak to all and sundry, but it'd be nice to know that they're actually going to replace him.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Conte is... good?

'The Guardian' posted:

Antonio Conte brands José Mourinho ‘little man’ and ‘fake’ in new attack

• Conte hits back at Manchester United manager over match-fixing jibe
• Chelsea manager calls Mourinho’s show of support for Claudio Ranieri fake

Antonio Conte has branded José Mourinho a “little man” and a “fake” in an astonishing escalation of the verbal war that has broken out between the pair in recent days.

The Chelsea manager, clearly furious at Mourinho’s latest salvo regarding Conte’s ban for failing to report match-fixing while working in Italy, used the majority of his press conference after the 0-0 draw at Norwich to leave no doubt of the contempt in which he holds his Manchester United counterpart.

In a lengthy and clearly premeditated outburst he also brought up Mourinho’s show of support for the former Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri, appearing to suggest it had been an affectation.

“I think before you make this type of comment, before to hurt another person, you must pay great attention,” Conte said of Mourinho, who had stated the previous day he had never been, and will never be, suspended for match-fixing.

“You show you are a little man. A little man. You don’t know very well [what] is the situation. But I know him very well in the past. In the past he was a little man in many circumstances, is a little man in the present and for sure he will be a little man in the future.

“Also if he wants to try to change his behaviours … but the person’s this, Mourinho’s this. You know him very well. The level is very low. I repeat: I think before to speak you have to know very well what happened.”

Mourinho’s jibe had followed a suggestion from Conte earlier on Friday that the Portuguese was suffering from “demenza senile”. That was in response to an assertion from Mourinho that he did not have to “behave as a clown on the touchline” to demonstrate his passion, seen as a reference to Conte.

At the time Chelsea stressed that Conte had meant “amnesia” rather than the direct English translation of “senile dementia” and he settled on the former when returning to the theme at Carrow Road. “This is not my problem, I consider him a little man,” Conte repeated. “I consider him a man with a very low profile.

“There is a story to speak for him and for me. You can change the story, but you have to know the story very well before hurting another person. In the last period he’s suffering a bit of amnesia. We are there, amnesia. When you become to be older, there is this type of risk. Also for me, and for you – for all. The problem is if you show this. He must pay great attention. He’s doing this with regularity.”

Conte explained the facts of his four-month suspension while manager of Juventus, which was handed down for allegedly neglecting to inform the authorities of match-fixing offences during an earlier spell in charge of Siena. He was found innocent in May 2016.

His evisceration of Mourinho did not end there and, without prompting, he raised what he saw as the two-faced treatment of Ranieri. “I remember a stupid example with Ranieri,” he said. “When he offended Ranieri for his English. Then when Ranieri was sacked he put on a shirt for Ranieri. You are a fake. I think you have good consideration for a person or not. It doesn’t change your opinion to be more sympathetic. If you want to fight a person, you try to kill this person. And then after two years you try to help this person, because maybe it’s good for you, for your profile.”

That referred to an incident in 2008, during which Mourinho said his Chelsea predecessor had “still struggled to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good afternoon’” during five years in England. After Ranieri was sacked by Leicester last February, Mourinho arrived at a press conference with the letters “CR” emblazoned on his training top.

The rapid intensification of an enmity that has festered for some time could come to a head on 25 February, when Chelsea visit Old Trafford. “It will be the opportunity in the game against United when we go to Old Trafford,” Conte said. “Me and him face to face. I’m ready. I don’t know if he’s ready.”

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

They’re both petulant children.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Vinestalk posted:

Sam is back and my friend Tony will be back next year :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bape Culture posted:

Sam is back and my friend Tony will be back next year :twisted:

I live in hope Tone will return to the Potteries and rescue us from disaster

• Locked thread