Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

oliwan posted:

Conte is... good?

Nah he's a massive oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Conte has a lot of lip for a man with hair plugs.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
yah Conte is still bad, but at least he's the only one to actually, directly, put mourinho down

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Meat Wagon posted:

I don't know. I really don't have much faith in the board to appoint someone that can keep us up. Coates in both spells as chairman has only really appointed british managers and there is a lot of shite out there.

It's going to take someone really loving good to get us out of the mess that we're in. No doubt if we do get relegated the media will be full of the usual "careful what you wish for" bollocks but I'm certain if we had kept Hughes we were going down anyway. The tea lady couldn't do much worse than Hughes right now.

lol when you get garry monk

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Are Arsenal the British version of the Factory of Sadness?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

Conte is... good?

Pretty dumb of Conte to let Mourinho get under his skin. And Mou hasn’t even made a wig comment yet.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Conte is a match-fixer with a murderer in his starting 11.

Mourinho is a moaner whose best player likes to dab.

I think we all know which is worse.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sassassin posted:

Conte is a match-fixer with a murderer in his starting 11.

Mourinho is a moaner whose best player likes to dab.

I think we all know which is worse.

Mourinho

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sad King Billy posted:

No.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Sad King Billy posted:

That would be Sunderland

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Who is the Chelsea murderer?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Alonso killed a young woman while driving drunk.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ozmunkeh posted:

I’m hearing BRodgers might be coming back from the wilderness to be reunited with Charlie Adam and (wee) Joe Allen. Amazing if true.

I think he'll leave at some point, but it won't be to go to a team fighting relegation. He's got European football every year, and has a decent chance at setting a consecutive league wins record that will probably stand forever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/9...-sun-front-page

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

About time he gets sold

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
are the holidays good?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Eau de MacGowan posted:

are the holidays good?

Are you a super soaraway saver?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

According to Wengy it was 48 hours before the match and not he night before.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo sensationalist newspaper not above outright lying in poo poo sensationalist inaccurate headline shocker

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

poo poo sensationalist newspaper not above outright lying in poo poo sensationalist inaccurate headline shocker

Apparently he’s getting fined for it because he still violated club rules, but it wasn’t the night before.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
It's not a very good headline unless rave-up is a word. If it was really drug fuelled they could have gone with Uppers for the Cup

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
the shameful bit is calling him a star

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The shameful bit is posting the Sun tbh

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, has claimed Romelu Lukaku refused to extend his contract at Goodison Park after a voodoo message told him to join Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/09/romelu-lukaku-voodoo-message-everton-chelsea-farhad-moshiri

:thunk:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke's main target for the manager job is apparently Quique Sanchez Flores. Wouldn't be unhappy with that. Seems like it's come down to him or Martin O'Neill, presumably for the MON effect.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
There seems to be a lot going around about Ancellotti being the next Arsenal manager and retarded arsenal fans seem to be raging about it. I’m not the retarded arsenal fan raging about it.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

blue footed boobie posted:

There seems to be a lot going around about Ancellotti being the next Arsenal manager and retarded arsenal fans seem to be raging about it. I’m not the retarded arsenal fan raging about it.

That's literally the best option Arsenal fans could hope for, and seems a lot better than my expectation of Bob Bradley, an unknown Portuguese dude who's had one job, or pay driver Pastor Maldonado

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It Ancelotti goes to loving Arsenal I'm gonna be insanely mad.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FullLeatherJacket posted:

That's literally the best option Arsenal fans could hope for, and seems a lot better than my expectation of Bob Bradley, an unknown Portuguese dude who's had one job, or pay driver Pastor Maldonado

What would Pastor use to crash into the opposition's manager inside a football ground?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Byolante posted:

What would Pastor use to crash into the opposition's manager inside a football ground?

I believe the comedy vehicle that you're looking for here is the flaming clown car that is Arsenal Football Club

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Meat Wagon posted:

Stoke's main target for the manager job is apparently Quique Sanchez Flores. Wouldn't be unhappy with that. Seems like it's come down to him or Martin O'Neill, presumably for the MON effect.

so despite being sacked or leaving by mutual consent from nearly all his managerial jobs, this guy is now firmly on the PL merry-go-round because he managed Watford for a year?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Why are they raging about it?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
because they're arsenal fans, blud

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

kcer posted:

so despite being sacked or leaving by mutual consent from nearly all his managerial jobs, this guy is now firmly on the PL merry-go-round because he managed Watford for a year?

a year in Watford is equivalent to 7 human years

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

kcer posted:

hes very very handsome

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

kcer posted:

Why wouldn't he be? He finished 13th with a newly promoted Watford side and got to a FA cup semi. That's a pretty good season by any newly promoted clubs standards. Then he got sacked because Watford are weird. It's not like there is a large pool of great managers that would even consider coming to Stoke that are available. The only serious candidate with a good up and coming reputation was Rowett, who signed a new contract with Derby earlier in the week.

I'm well excited.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

Why are they raging about it?

They want a manage who will “rebuild” the squad. They basically all agreed that they want a manager who doesn’t exist, so they will go with any manager who is a lesser known quantity than Ancellotti.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

They want a manage who will “rebuild” the squad. They basically all agreed that they want a manager who doesn’t exist, so they will go with any manager who is a lesser known quantity than Ancellotti.

Have they considered David Moyes?

Seriously though, Ancellotti would be perfect. He can attract big name players and has shown he can manage big egos.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Mickolution posted:

Have they considered David Moyes?

Seriously though, Ancellotti would be perfect. He can attract big name players and has shown he can manage big egos.

I would have been ecstatic if this was last year, but there were all sorts of rumors and innuendo about his (short) reign at Bayern. Now I have mixed feelings. Hopefully pre-Bayern Ancelotti rocks up and double-teams Mourinho with Conte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
To be honest, Wenger's muppet lookalike could do a better job at this point.

• Locked thread