Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

So what manager would make Arsenal fans happy if Ancelotti, who is easily one of the most successful managers currently working, doesn't appeal to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gorn Myson posted:

So what manager would make Arsenal fans happy if Ancelotti, who is easily one of the most successful managers currently working, doesn't appeal to them?

There seems to be an expectation that they can go out and sign a 2018 equivalent of mid-90’s era Wengy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Brendan Rodgers has unfinished business in the premier league

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Gorn Myson posted:

I think there's legitimate concern about the weird way that Ancelotti's managerial run at Bayern ended; however, I wouldn't consider it legitimate enough that I wouldn't immediately welcome him as a replacement to Wenger.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
There’s zero downsides in appointing loving Ancelotti. If he fails, you get to say, oh well we tried with one of the best managers available.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
yeah but then you become juande ramos era spurs. id get in Eddie howe myself :getin:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Tactics Tim could use another shot at the big time

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

vyelkin posted:

Tactics Tim could use another shot at the big time

Adebayor back winding up Arsenal fans

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
There's really only one answer though and that's Big Tony Pulis

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I would no-lie like to see Dyche given a shot. He's done really well with Burnley. He also seems to have learned not to be a grumpy old fart who complains about not being considered for the big teams. Call me crazy, but I think it could work.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Welp, we’re racist again.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i thought that was the way you liked it

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Shroud posted:

I would no-lie like to see Dyche given a shot. He's done really well with Burnley. He also seems to have learned not to be a grumpy old fart who complains about not being considered for the big teams. Call me crazy, but I think it could work.

He just conplains about not getting pens every week instead. for me it's got to be the Bournemouth manager. but instead it will be Claude puelle

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Quique Sanchez Flores has just done a press conference and said he's staying at espanyol. I'm gutted :cry:

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He was a great manager of course but isn't Ancelotti completely checked out now? He was phoning it in at Bayern

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Rafa doesn't win today he has to walk.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dwight Gayle is a little fail twink so it’s entirely possible.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sounds like Zidane might be unemployed quite soon. Would be nice to see him at Arsenal, IMHO.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Sounds like Zidane might be unemployed quite soon. Would be nice to see him at Arsenal, IMHO.

Hey look a post from 2002

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Next up for Kane in the premier league top scorer list: Le Tissier, Drogba, and Crouch. Mental.

Also Mark Viduka scored 92 premier league goals.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Also Mark Viduka scored 92 premier league goals.

Hallelujah

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are 5 points off 5th in the part of the season when they usually melt down. And their two best players are leaving in the summer or earlier. And the rest of the squad has a contract expiring the summer after that. This is all going to go quite poorly for them.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:staredog:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/TheBock69/status/952569610548760576

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal are 5 points off 5th in the part of the season when they usually melt down. And their two best players are leaving in the summer or earlier. And the rest of the squad has a contract expiring the summer after that. This is all going to go quite poorly for them.

I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal but there's something so magical about watching one of the big teams just continually underachieve in the most hilarious ways

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
O'Neill has turned the Stoke job down.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

How is Martin O'Neill's performance as national manager perceived in Ireland anyway?

I loving love him just for his Wycombe days to be honest.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Apparently Ryan Giggs is about to become Wales manager. Given he’s going to have to manage the decline of Gareth Bale, I look forward to it destroying his reputation forever

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's being discussed in the International thread.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of managers, I only recently came across the rumor that Arteta was being groomed to be the next Arsenal manager. Do Arsenal fans put a lot of stock in this? The Irish Independent seems to think there are legs to the story, but are also reporting that Arteta fancies his chances of getting the Manchester City job after Guardiola leaves.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...d-36463351.html

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

kcer posted:

so despite being sacked or leaving by mutual consent from nearly all his managerial jobs, this guy is now firmly on the PL merry-go-round because he managed Watford for a year?

is this :thejoke: or

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
idk if I missed the joke, or if you don't know what that means

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Brony Car posted:

Speaking of managers, I only recently came across the rumor that Arteta was being groomed to be the next Arsenal manager. Do Arsenal fans put a lot of stock in this? The Irish Independent seems to think there are legs to the story, but are also reporting that Arteta fancies his chances of getting the Manchester City job after Guardiola leaves.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...d-36463351.html

why would city be "grooming" him to become Arsenal manager

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/952861671478964224

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Manc Hill posted:

why would city be "grooming" him to become Arsenal manager

Arsenal fans know they're gonna get bummed by city for years to come and are getting their excuses in early

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Let's all just take a moment and read the replies to this fantastic announcement

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/952864521521123328

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

lol I thought it was a joke when his name was mentioned last night. Any optimism of turning the season around and not getting relegated has gone. What a poo poo show.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
All I remember of Paul Lambert is incredibly boring football at Aston Villa until Tactics Tim took over and got them relegated anyway but in a more entertaining fashion and prior to that, Norwich fans loving him a lot before turning on him.

Who else could Stoke have approached? Who else would Stoke fans have preferred? Is Lambert a step up from Hughes?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I still love him. Best manager we ever had. Villa ruined him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps Villa were an anomaly, just look at the loving terrible ownership Lambert was working for. West Ham fans had a meltdown about Moyes being appointed and so far he's doing well there.

It seems really odd to want Hughes sacked then throw this big a tantrum over a manager with Lambert's record being appointed. His record goes back further than his job at Villa and I don't know who else there was available and willing?

• Locked thread