Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Diva Cupcake posted:

Looks almost a done deal this time. Reddy is pretty solid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/948876954173870080

I wonder how much of that money will be upfront.

It’s been very annoying to have all this attention over a move where no formal bid has been submitted.

Unless Lemar or some other attacking midfielder comes in the winter window too, I don’t see why FSG would allow this move at this point in the season. The league may be too far gone, but a top 4 finish can’t be taken for granted and Liverpool still have to balance the league with CL and FA Cup commitments.

I haven’t seen any of the potential midfield replacements in full length matches so I don’t feel nearly as comfortable as others that Coutinho can be replaced mid-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

ozmunkeh posted:

I’m hearing BRodgers might be coming back from the wilderness to be reunited with Charlie Adam and (wee) Joe Allen. Amazing if true.

Isn't he doing amazingly well at Celtic?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Just seems like less of a headache then trying than slogging through a relegation fight. I guess if he gets a massive pay raise then it's worth it, but at Celtic he gets to concentrate on the stuff he cares about most like attacking.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of managers, I only recently came across the rumor that Arteta was being groomed to be the next Arsenal manager. Do Arsenal fans put a lot of stock in this? The Irish Independent seems to think there are legs to the story, but are also reporting that Arteta fancies his chances of getting the Manchester City job after Guardiola leaves.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...d-36463351.html

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Manc Hill posted:

why would city be "grooming" him to become Arsenal manager

To clarify, that story says people at Arsenal were hoping that he could eventually be brought to Arsenal as a manager.

Ninpo posted:

All I remember of Paul Lambert is incredibly boring football at Aston Villa until Tactics Tim took over and got them relegated anyway but in a more entertaining fashion and prior to that, Norwich fans loving him a lot before turning on him.

Who else could Stoke have approached? Who else would Stoke fans have preferred? Is Lambert a step up from Hughes?

From what I remember, if Norwich fans turned on Lambert, it's because he left for Villa.

Maybe he was boring at Villa, but it looked like he was somehow staving off relegation for multiple seasons. If you can do that while having to work with Randy Lerner, you probably should get some credit.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I thought you guys might find this amusing:

Here's What The Average Player's Face in Each Premier League Team Looks Like

quote:

For no good reason, we've merged the face of every Premier League squad to find out what the average player looks like.

Southampton's and Newcastle's composites look especially weird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

Everton unsettled their manager.

Was Silva tempted to move? I guess it could undermine his ability to lead the players if they all think he's leaving, but I don't know how long or involved Everton's overtures were.

• Locked thread