Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Meat Wagon posted:

Stoke's main target for the manager job is apparently Quique Sanchez Flores. Wouldn't be unhappy with that. Seems like it's come down to him or Martin O'Neill, presumably for the MON effect.

so despite being sacked or leaving by mutual consent from nearly all his managerial jobs, this guy is now firmly on the PL merry-go-round because he managed Watford for a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
idk if I missed the joke, or if you don't know what that means

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Meat Wagon posted:

Wasn't Lambert rejected by both sheff wednesday and hull earlier in the season? He can't get a championship club but suddenly he's good enough for a premier league team?

lol I thought the exact same thing about Carvalhal. Got sacked by a Championship club and joined a Premier League club a week later, what's going on with that

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

sassassin posted:

It's almost like there was something a bit dodgy behind the "sacking".

true enough but he wasn't exactly setting the championship on fire

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I wonder if it ever works when people selling something say they've had a higher offer from elsewhere

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/newcastle-united-amanda-staveley-mike-ashley-unusual-case?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

is also good reading, because I've no loving idea why social media is in love with her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Gorn Myson posted:

I remember seeing a few articles about how Klopp is close to losing the faith of Liverpool fans and may be sacked before the end of 2016 just after they lost their second game of that season 2-0 away to Burnley.

Basically football media is just a massive con where people spin new narratives based on the most recent events, or in the case of transfer rumours they just make this stuff up out of thin air.

Can't knock it though. It seems pretty funny now remembering the articles from August last year where writers were convinced that Man Utd were going to walk the league with attacking football.

you can go back on these very forums and find Liverpool fans slagging Klopp off, so that much is true at least

• Locked thread