Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
So Liverpool is essentially parlaying Coutinho into Van Dijk and Lemar? $150 in - $75 + $90 out. That's honestly a deal I would do and the overpays kind of neutralize each other.

I haven't watched Monaco in a long time (probably since last year's CL when they had a totally different squad), does Lemar slot into the same kind of role that Coutinho has now on the Liverpool side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

blue footed boobie posted:

Ah yes, the Andy Carroll reasoning has returned.

It's admittedly fuzzy logic. It's easier to stomach the latter buys given the former sale though.

blue footed boobie posted:

Well aware of the issues he has with his squad, Wengy has signed some Greek child, who will immediately go out on loan.

Probably the only buying business Arsenal will do in the transfer window. Even though they need to spend about half a billion in current market rates to revamp their squad, they'll probably sell Sanchez and Ozil for peanuts and call it good.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

So what manager would make Arsenal fans happy if Ancelotti, who is easily one of the most successful managers currently working, doesn't appeal to them?

I think there's legitimate concern about the weird way that Ancelotti's managerial run at Bayern ended; however, I wouldn't consider it legitimate enough that I wouldn't immediately welcome him as a replacement to Wenger.

• Locked thread