Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Jose posted:

Hughes is not getting sacked
Meanwhile the transfer window is open and we desperately need some new players. Chances are the very earliest he'll be sacked is after the Huddersfield game on the 20th and I don't even think that's likely regardless of the result. The board are being loving stupid and the damage being done by not getting a new man in early during this window is ridiculous.

We're down. Thanks sparky you loving bellend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
What's the hold up on the takeover? I thought it was pretty much done ages ago

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I'm doing all the moves right now!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I don't know. I really don't have much faith in the board to appoint someone that can keep us up. Coates in both spells as chairman has only really appointed british managers and there is a lot of shite out there.

It's going to take someone really loving good to get us out of the mess that we're in. No doubt if we do get relegated the media will be full of the usual "careful what you wish for" bollocks but I'm certain if we had kept Hughes we were going down anyway. The tea lady couldn't do much worse than Hughes right now.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Get Rafa in.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Stoke's main target for the manager job is apparently Quique Sanchez Flores. Wouldn't be unhappy with that. Seems like it's come down to him or Martin O'Neill, presumably for the MON effect.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

kcer posted:

so despite being sacked or leaving by mutual consent from nearly all his managerial jobs, this guy is now firmly on the PL merry-go-round because he managed Watford for a year?

Why wouldn't he be? He finished 13th with a newly promoted Watford side and got to a FA cup semi. That's a pretty good season by any newly promoted clubs standards. Then he got sacked because Watford are weird. It's not like there is a large pool of great managers that would even consider coming to Stoke that are available. The only serious candidate with a good up and coming reputation was Rowett, who signed a new contract with Derby earlier in the week.

I'm well excited.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Quique Sanchez Flores has just done a press conference and said he's staying at espanyol. I'm gutted :cry:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
O'Neill has turned the Stoke job down.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

lol I thought it was a joke when his name was mentioned last night. Any optimism of turning the season around and not getting relegated has gone. What a poo poo show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Ninpo posted:

All I remember of Paul Lambert is incredibly boring football at Aston Villa until Tactics Tim took over and got them relegated anyway but in a more entertaining fashion and prior to that, Norwich fans loving him a lot before turning on him.

Who else could Stoke have approached? Who else would Stoke fans have preferred? Is Lambert a step up from Hughes?

Wasn't Lambert rejected by both sheff wednesday and hull earlier in the season? He can't get a championship club but suddenly he's good enough for a premier league team? Stoke have handicapped themselves by being desperate for a manager with premier league experience and end up looking at the same old list of failures. We're a relatively stable premier league club with billionaire owners, surely they can do better than Paul loving Lambert.

Saying that I'd still take Lambert over Hughes. We couldn't buy a win and we were conceding a ridiculous amount of goals (47 in 22 games). Hopefully Lambert can at least get the defence sorted. Ultimately this is the boards gently caress up. Hughes should have gone in the summer and the club wouldn't be in the situation they are in now, looking to appoint any old fucker.

• Locked thread