Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Just waiting for Giggs to rule himself out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo sensationalist newspaper not above outright lying in poo poo sensationalist inaccurate headline shocker

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The shameful bit is posting the Sun tbh

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
To be honest, Wenger's muppet lookalike could do a better job at this point.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Sounds like Zidane might be unemployed quite soon. Would be nice to see him at Arsenal, IMHO.

Hey look a post from 2002

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Also Mark Viduka scored 92 premier league goals.

Hallelujah

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
All I remember of Paul Lambert is incredibly boring football at Aston Villa until Tactics Tim took over and got them relegated anyway but in a more entertaining fashion and prior to that, Norwich fans loving him a lot before turning on him.

Who else could Stoke have approached? Who else would Stoke fans have preferred? Is Lambert a step up from Hughes?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps Villa were an anomaly, just look at the loving terrible ownership Lambert was working for. West Ham fans had a meltdown about Moyes being appointed and so far he's doing well there.

It seems really odd to want Hughes sacked then throw this big a tantrum over a manager with Lambert's record being appointed. His record goes back further than his job at Villa and I don't know who else there was available and willing?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

I get Lambert mixed up with Malky Mackay.

AKA the reverse Malky Mackay

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gorn Myson posted:

I remember seeing a few articles about how Klopp is close to losing the faith of Liverpool fans and may be sacked before the end of 2016 just after they lost their second game of that season 2-0 away to Burnley.

Basically football media is just a massive con where people spin new narratives based on the most recent events, or in the case of transfer rumours they just make this stuff up out of thin air.

Can't knock it though. It seems pretty funny now remembering the articles from August last year where writers were convinced that Man Utd were going to walk the league with attacking football.

We'd have got away with it too if not for that meddling Catalan :argh:

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I had a quick look to see if taken out of context, but:

Wiggy posted:

"Barkley has a lot of space for improvement, he is working with us only two weeks but for sure today I was forced to make this substitution, but he can improve a lot.

"I don't need anything, I'm a coach and I continue with my players."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Looke posted:

11 second goal lol

And not even the fastest ever, ridiculous.

Spurs were out of the traps while we were still in the tunnel smh

• Locked thread