Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What the hell, let's go out guns blazing.

This is how the game works: I will post a list of 18 statements from four categories: Trump, the 2018 elections, the 2020 elections, and the "Prestige" round. Your job is to provide an answer that you think is the best for each statement. BUT! The object of the game is not necessarily to guess the most correct answer. Rather, the object of this game is to give the most common answer that you think will be given by the rest of the players. For each answer you give, you get a number of points equal to the number of people who also gave that answer. If you say "red" and 10 other people say red, you get 11 points. If you say "blue" and no one else said blue, you get 1 point. The poster with the most points at the end of 16 rounds wins! Note that it is in your best interest to not discuss the game in other threads or IRC, lest you tip your hand on what your answers will be!

Our esteemed mod VideoGames has offered free avatar changes for the players who come in the top 5. You will not win a drat thing playing this game, I ain't spending money on you motherfuckers. If someone else wants to be my guest but I ain't giving y'all poo poo. Our esteemed mod R. Guyovich has offered free avatar changes for players who comes in the top 5! Now you have no excuse for not playing!!!!!

Want to participate? Great! Please follow this two step process:
1) Submit your entries via email to sasmediasheep at gmail dot com. Don't bother PMing me I ain't got them. The subject line should include your SA username and "Sheep Game Entry" (e.g. "C. Everett Koop sheep game entry"). Your answers should be in the body of the message. Please submit your answers with one answer on each line, in order, and with no numbers and no questions. This will save me a bunch of editing time. If you're worried about me stealing your identity or something, first that requires an effort I don't feel like putting in, second feel free to use something like guerrilla mail or any other instant e-mail service.
2) Re-read Step 1 and make sure you didn't gently caress it up, or you'll probably get disqualified!

The deadline for entries is approximately one week so midnight Wednesday January 10th (EDIT ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH SUNDAY THE 14th) ; I will post a 24 hour notice before I stop taking submissions. Once submissions are closed I will determine a reveal date but probably the Thursday after unless I get distracted by a shiny object or something. This will be done "liveblog" style, i.e. I'll reveal each round of answers one at a time over the course of a few hours.

Once again:
DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM!

Got it? Okay. Here are the statements. Some of these are good. Some of these are better than good.

Trump

1. This was, by far, the most hilarious thing to come out of Trump's first year in office.
2. This is the lowest Trump's approval rating will hit in 2018. (Whole numbers only)
3. Out of all the chucklefucks to serve in this administration so far, this one has easily been the dumbest.
4. Regardless of how it ends, this is when Mueller's investigation will formally end. (month and year please, month only answers will be assumed to be this year. If Trump actually fires Mueller in the next week, then holy poo poo and we'll come up with something.)
5. This is the one good thing that Trump actually did for the country in his first year in office.

2018 Elections
6. Paul Ryan's "retiring." This is who the new Speaker of the House will be after the 2018 elections.
7. This will be the Democrats advantage in the House after the 2018 elections. (plus seats if they have the majority, minus seats if they're in the minority)
8. This will be the Republican advantage in the Senate after the 2018 elections. (same deal as before)
9. How many journalists will be killed in the lead-up to the 2018 elections?

2020 Elections
10. This will be the first person to formally announce their candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President.
11. This person will be the Jeb! of the 2020 elections.
12. The Democrats will nominate _________ for president in 2020.
13. The Republicans will nominate _________ for president in 2020.
14. The winner of the 2020 presidential election will be ______________.

The "Prestige" Round
15. The Star-Spangled Banner is racist. What should America's new national anthem be?
16. One day The Rock will be president. Who will be his running mate?
17. This is the next country that will have a nuclear weapon detonated within it's borders.
18. What is Barack Obama doing at this very moment?

Once again:
DO NOT INCLUDE THE NUMBERS OR QUESTION TEXT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM!

Undying gratitude goes to TheOneAndOnlyT, whose OP I plagiarized a hell of a lot, and everyone else who's ran a sheep game and modified this sucker every which way.

Good luck! You'll need it.

CONFIRMED SUCKERS ENTRANTS!

47 players:

Agronox
AKA Pseudonym
Billzasilver
Blind Pineapple
Boon
BrianBoitano
Brigadier Sockface
capfalcon
DC Murderverse
Duke Igthorn
exmarx
Gen. Ripper
GreyjoyBastard
Gyges
Helen Highwater
HisMajestyBOB
HoottheOwl
Jethro
Julio Cruz
KickerOfMice
Kloaded00
MageMage
Meydey
Mustached Demon
N00ba the Hutt
nimby
Ogmius815
Otherkinsey
Pikavangelist
Pleads
Polygynous
Qwertyman
Rappaport
Rex-Goliath
Riatsala
Saladin Rising
SaturdayKnight
Silly Season
Spiffster
Sundae
tentative8e8op
The Glumslinger
The Iron Llama
TheNewt
True Blue Triumph
Von Metternich
Xerzes

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
so this is basically Family Feud but for D&D?

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
I'd play but I have so many FireFox word replacment filters w/r/t the WH Admin I'd probably get negative points which is shameful

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

so this is basically Family Feud but for D&D?

If the survey takers were trying to guess what the other survey takers were answering and there's no families or Richard Dawson involved, then yes.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Sounds like a stupid waste of time. So I'm in. :devil:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sent

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sure!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Sent

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sent.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Ooh, I finally caught one of these before it started. Hell yes, sent.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Ground loving floor baby. :regd08:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love these and i thought it was about time for another D&D one.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
11 people in so far, plenty of time to get your answers in and win big!!! Past D&D Sheep Games have had like hundreds and thousands of entrants so don't let me feel like a bigger rear end than I usually do!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'll ponder on some answers if I get time this weekend. In the meantime, maybe a mod can sticky the thread. They've done so in the past for these things.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sent

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Still plenty of time to submit your sheer genius ability to predict the goon hivemind! You have until Wednesday is finished in god's One True Timezone (EST)!

Riatala, check your answers, your list was one short and I'm not sure what was missing. I e-mailed you back so feel free to reply, tia.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

C. Everett Koop posted:

Still plenty of time to submit your sheer genius ability to predict the goon hivemind! You have until Wednesday is finished in god's One True Timezone (EST)!

Riatala, check your answers, your list was one short and I'm not sure what was missing. I e-mailed you back so feel free to reply, tia.

I responded. I had the same answer for two of the questions and accidentally omitted the second one. Thanks!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Alright, I'm in.

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
I'm in. Thanks for doing this.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
sent!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Friendly reminder that this is still open and will be open until the end of Wednesday. If you can stomach the thought of staring into the goon hivemind, you can win big!!!

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Loved this last year, thanks for running it again. I'm in :woop:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
This is still open and there's still time to get your entry in, but I'm now busy the new few nights so probably won't be able to do the reveal until early next week. Accordingly I'll go ahead and extend the window for submissions through Sunday.

Enter and win big!!!!!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bumping to remind people that there's still time to enter, submissions accepted through Sunday!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
AKA Pseudonym you're one answer short as well if you want to double-check your entry. Thanks.

EDIT - Junior G-Man you too, you left a category header in there if you want to double-check. Thanks.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 12, 2018

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

In

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i will put in av changes for the top five winners.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

i will put in av changes for the top five winners.

Sweet Jesus now you get something for winn....er....."winning"!

Accordingly, consider this the 24 hour notice for submissions. If you've been sitting on some grand comedy genius, now's the time to pull the trigger.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

C. Everett Koop posted:

Sweet Jesus now you get something for winn....er....."winning"!

Accordingly, consider this the 24 hour notice for submissions. If you've been sitting on some grand comedy genius, now's the time to pull the trigger.

My answers aren't funny but I sent em.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
No thank you, I'm tired of winning

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

(Really bad) answers sent.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Ogmius815 you're short an answer somewhere as well, if you want to double-check, I replied to your e-mail.

Otherwise, last call for submissions! Come win an av change! Also the love and respect of your peers!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I didn't know love and respect were prizes. I should probably redo my answers.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

C. Everett Koop posted:

Ogmius815 you're short an answer somewhere as well, if you want to double-check, I replied to your e-mail.

Otherwise, last call for submissions! Come win an av change! Also the love and respect of your peers!

I may be cutting it a little close because I'm traveling today :ohdear:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I'm in. Haven't changed my newbie av in the 13 years I've been on this crappy site.

Edit: gently caress. Have avatars turned off for work. Thought it was still the newbie baby.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Sent. I wonder if it’ll be more of a d&d crowd or a cspam crowd. Should be fun!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I am proud of my 2020 answers.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gyges posted:

I didn't know love and respect were prizes. I should probably redo my answers.

Well to be fair look at the sources.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Just sent mine in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

I’ve never won anything
:dance: so I’ll give it a try.

• Locked thread