Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs Minoru Suzuki for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship at The New Beginning in Sapporo Day 1 - 1/27

It was hovering around the HM mark but the final, excruciating, horrifying 5-10 minutes pushed it over the edge. The torture of Tanahashi by the sadist Suzuki was incredible to watch, the ending and the aftermath etc all just made it a must-watch. What a great match.

I can’t Nth this enough. Slow start, but just fantastic by the very end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Boco_T posted:

HM: Mephisto © vs Titán [CMLL WELTER] – CMLL Martes de Nuevos Valores – 01/23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDpiSiCfpdY&t=5895s
A title match in Arena Mexico on a Tuesday that was good enough to rival Volador/Cavernario's battle in Japan. Agility versus punishment is the story here. Titán is giving it his all and the crowd is into it. They have a very long third fall, which is the key to the best title matches in CMLL. I bought into the near falls at the end, and the actual finish was cool.

I'll 3rd this. That third fall elevated the match nicely.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MOTY: Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA, New Beginning in Osaka

gently caress candidate, this is it. :colbert:

Also gonna give a MOTYC to Ospreay/Hiromu, but fuuuuuuuuck that main was so good.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MOTYC: Rush, Soberano Jr. and Mistico vs. Los Hijos del Infernos, CMLL Puebla 2/12/2018

Absolutely standout performance by Rush here. Must-see.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Nthing Soberano/Niebla Roja and Rush/Terrible vs Volador/Ultimo Gurrerro from CMLL 2/23 for HM and MOTYC, respectively. Really good show overall.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

^^^2nd. More of an angle than a match, really. Factor in that the previous two matches also had gently caress finishes though, and you have a poo poo sandwich with a rotted cherry on top.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Boco_T posted:

WMOTY La Parka & Pagano vs Dave The Clown & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. - AAA 3/17

Featuring La Parka hitting Hijo de Tirantes with his dick, Dave the Clown’s mask coming off, two run-ins, other classic Tirantes bits, and also Hijo de Wagner somehow getting a hat in the middle of the match.

Honestly it had a few of the funniest moments but it was also legit 30 minutes long.
http://twitter.com/luchablog/status/975205684521259008

Nth, but I'm willing to bet there will be worse this year. AAA might take this nomination as a challenge if they somehow ever hear about it.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: MÍSTICO, VOLADOR JR. Y EL VALIENTE (CAMPEONES)
vs
CARÍSTICO, ÚLTIMO GUERRERO Y GRAN GUERRERO

4/2 CMLL Arena Puebla

3rd. Really fun 3rd fall.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: DALYS vs KAHO KOBAYASHI CMLL 4/23 Arena Puebla

Kaho is a great plucky babyface, and they do a great job of going by feel here. There's a clunky spot that Dalys improvises off of and just adds to the match. Then Dalys starts bullying Kaho with some of the most brutal looking hair spots you have ever seen. Probably totally safe, but brutal. Great match.

3rd

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

But nevermind that bullshit:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - New Japan Wrestling Dontaku 5/4

The old magic is still there between these two. God drat!

Yep.

Also: HM: Will Ospraey (C) vs KUSHIDA for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - Wrestling Dontaku 5/4

Great match, with more head drops than even your standard Ibushi match.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Park/Park/Volador Jr vs Los Ingobernables CMLL 6/1

Yep, nth’d.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Yeah, I’ll back that too. Third fall was top notch.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Boco_T posted:

Yeah I guess I'll throw in some actual positive recs from the show:

HM: Arkángel Divino, Dinastía, Hijo Del Vikingo, Star Fire vs Arez, Belial, Lady Maravilla, Último Maldito - AAA Verano de Escandalo 6/3
HM: OGTs (Averno, Chessman, Súper Fly) vs Poder del Norte (Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana) [hair] - AAA Verano de Escandalo 6/3

The Psycho Clown match was very good but not at the level of those other two. It was memorable.

I am going to try to have a full AAA recs post up this week based on all the shows since 3/25. If you spend the $5 or Twitch Prime sub to watch AAA, there has been at least one great match on like the last 5 shows.

2nding both of those, especially the OGT/PdN hair match. That one’s probably the one to go out of your way to watch if you only watch one match from the show.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: Mistico, Caristico, Rey Fenix vs. Negro Casas, Barbaro Cavernario, Ultimo Guerrero (Melvin) - CMLL Viernes 6-8-18

GenericMartini posted:

I'd go MOTYC for this one, personally

Nth. Crowd was super hot for this one.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Young Bucks vs Sanada/Evil

Oh my god the tag team moves and counters

Yeah let’s nth it

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Will Ospreay Dominion 6/9

gently caress

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Naito

What a fun brawl

Nth to both of those

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

^^^^Seconded

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: King Phoenix (Rey Fenix), Hijo De Park, and Volador (Melvin) Jr. vs La Peste Negra (Negro Casas, Mr. Niebla, Barbaro Cavernario with Zacarias) - CMLL Viernes 6-22-18

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: LA PARK VS RUSH

AKA THE MURDER OF RUSH BY THE SKELETON LA PARK

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I didn't like that match quite enough to nominate it, although it was pretty good. What I will nominate is:

HM: Ryusuke Taguchi and Dragon Lee vs. Roppongi 3K - CEOxNJPW When Worlds Collide - 6/29

Somebody forgot to tell these 4 that this was supposed to be a house show, because they went out and tore the place down. SHO and YOH continue to get better and better as a team every time I see them, and Dragon Lee is his usual crazy self, but Taguchi just takes off by mid-match, and goes balls(butts?)-to-the-wall. My personal MOTN.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: King Phoenix vs. Barbaro Cavernario - CMLL (6/29)

Watched this morning; I’ll Nth it.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Rush and The Briscoes vs LA Park, Penta 0M and King Phoenix, CMLL 8/3

Absolutely.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Tanahashi vs Okada

Still the best feud of the decade

Nthing this, and I'll go on the record saying that the last 5 or so minutes of the match elevated this from one of the weaker entries in the saga (felt almost like a "greatest hits" version of the match at times) to the best match of theirs since WK9 or so.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

G1 B Block Finals:

HM: Goto vs. Juice
HM: Ishii vs. SANADA
HM: ZSJ vs. Naito
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega

The last match was unreal.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Diamante Azul, Valiente and Mistico vs Ultimo Guerrero, Negro Casas and Okada CMLL 8/17

Fun match, lots of dives, great heat, very popular rudos getting cheered for being heels, then eating poo poo like heels and the crowd popping for their opponents doing cool poo poo. The rare match where even Azul does something cool.

HM: Audaz vs Forastero CMLL 8/17

Really good lightning match.

2nd