Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uretqvEgM1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf4YINfjQaQ

politics. science fiction. pretty much the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Three Parts Dead is a good start to a series that needs a web series TV show

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i like how ppl stopped saying "in the cyberpunk future we will have" because they realized we are already in the cyberpunk future and it sucks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
well we didnt get the cool neon signs and body augs

gently caress this poo poo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i only read garbage and web serials by a single author but i'm reading the book of the new sun right now and apparently that isn't garbage i guess? ain't got far yet, taking my time.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

We didn't get the dark and gritty cyberpunk.

We got the infantilized version of it with hello kitty poo poo everywhere.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NecroMonster posted:

i only read garbage and web serials by a single author but i'm reading the book of the new sun right now and apparently that isn't garbage i guess? ain't got far yet, taking my time.

yea wolfe is like one of the few respected non-garbage scifi writers. I tried to read it when I was like 16 but couldn't get into it, I could probably do it now. still need to finish 3rd stormlight tho first

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i also read pratchett. he wasn't garbage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Xaris posted:

well we didnt get the cool neon signs and body augs

gently caress this poo poo

there is a robust debate as 2 whether augs should be allowed in the olympics b/c of a guy who is in and out of prison for murdering his girlfriend and have u seen what led's can do l8ly m8?????

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Are all his books connected? I picked up Mort but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

All I know is his world is the flat earth type.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Deadulus posted:

Are all his books connected? I picked up Mort but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

All I know is his world is the flat earth type.

not all, but a lot. it's not always or even often important tho.

ya gotta read small gods tho, if nothing else.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Al! posted:

i like how ppl stopped saying "in the cyberpunk future we will have" because they realized we are already in the cyberpunk future and it sucks

anyone who thought the cyberpunk future would do anything but suck is pretty dumb though

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i totally put on a soviet sci-fi double feature for the local dizzay last month

went well

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

anyone who thought the cyberpunk future would do anything but suck is pretty dumb though

yeah but we were hoping it would suck with hot chicks with big mirrored shades and people using swords again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NecroMonster posted:

yeah but we were hoping it would suck with hot chicks with big mirrored shades and people using swords again

and lots of neon with leather trenchcoats being cool for once

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Xaris posted:

and lots of neon with leather trenchcoats being cool for once

cyborgs playing hosed up murder sports

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i totally put on a soviet sci-fi double feature for the local dizzay last month

went well

why is the dsa like, huge in texas?????

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
I gotta get to bed so I can arrive at my job in meatspace on time, so the executive caste doesn't terminate me, but before I do let's acknowledge a pretty C-SPAM game:
E.Y.E. DIVINE CYBERMANCY

A very bizarre, psychadelic romp through a galaxy conquered by a now-collapsing empire, E.Y.E takes place after a series of events gives the evils of the human mind sentient form and releases them upon the universe.
You play as a member of one rebel faction opposing the empire, loosely affiliated with a rival anti-imperial faction. You and your hated rivals live under the same roof in a secret compound. (like D&D and us!)
The original goal of shattering the government becomes more and more distant as you fight to undermine your rival faction and fend off the hordes of Sins-Made-Real clawing through the walls around you.

And that's just where the ride begins.

Currently 80% OFF at 1.99 USD.

Doc Walrus has issued a correction as of 06:39 on Jan 4, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

why is the dsa like, huge in texas?????
dunno

i mean there's a lot of people here so per capita it's still very tiny

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Doc Walrus posted:

I gotta get to bed so I can arrive at my job in meatspace on time, so the executive caste doesn't terminate me, but before I do let's acknowledge a pretty C-SPAM game:
E.Y.E. DIVINE CYBERMANCY

A very bizarre, psychadelic romp through a galaxy conquered by a now-collapsing empire, E.Y.E takes place after a series of events gives the evils of the human mind sentient form and releases them upon the universe.
You play as a member of one rebel faction opposing the empire, loosely affiliated with a rival anti-imperial faction. You and your hated rivals live under the same roof in a secret compound. (like D&D and us!)
The original goal of shattering the government becomes more and more distant as you fight to undermine your rival faction and fend off the hordes of Sins-Made-Real clawing through the walls around you.

holy poo poo hey can we organize a mp game of this via this thread

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
if it has to be a Source mod can we do a Traitor in Terrorist Town game instead

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Three Parts Dead is a good start to a series that needs a web series TV show

Techno Mage Lawyers loving poo poo up with a sideplot involving some Not-Aztec blood priest on the lam? Yes please.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Grimoire posted:

Techno Mage Lawyers loving poo poo up with a sideplot involving some Not-Aztec blood priest on the lam? Yes please.

Al! Can I commission you in real bux to make cool craft sequence pixel art

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Repub Horror Trump Show

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Al! Can I commission you in real bux to make cool craft sequence pixel art

you can comission me for anything :heysexy: just pm me. i actually don't know anything about craft sequence tho, where would i start.

i p much only consume scifi as audiobooks so hopefully there's an audiobook i can do

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Doc Walrus posted:

E.Y.E. DIVINE CYBERMANCY

some other forum posted:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Reminder that Dystopia is the cool kids' cyberpunk shooter.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

picked this up on a steam sale years ago. Couldn't make heads or tails out of it, but this helps. So, if i've got it right

1. get medicine
2. Don't skip cyborg leg day

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Grimoire posted:

picked this up on a steam sale years ago. Couldn't make heads or tails out of it, but this helps. So, if i've got it right

1. get medicine
2. Don't skip cyborg leg day

yeah, also put your hard earned skill points into your poo poo before you blow your brozoufs (from killing good & caring daddies) on research and jack up upgrade costs.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Lamebot posted:

Reminder that Dystopia is the cool kids' cyberpunk shooter.

the tidbits of dystopia's backstory paints a great world. i played the hell out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Al! posted:

holy poo poo hey can we organize a mp game of this via this thread

• Locked thread