Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Do phone banks/door knocks work? Whats the goal of them? Is it to plant a seed for an upcoming election or are doorknockers/ callers generally striving to get a "political sale"? I imagine its a numbers game? I don't know anyone who likes being solicited with political actions such as these. But if its been going forever, it has to work?

e: also, im curious: what happens when a door knocker gets a militant supporter of the opposition? any notable stories there? Maybe im an overly cynical millennial, but it seems incredibly unlikely that someone will change their position, on the spot, after hearing convincing arguments. It seems much more likely that in the rare event that they decide to, they do it privately as to not lose face.

e2: less CSPAM'y question: any unexpected lesson or experience you've gained from being in this field for 8 years? Doesn't have to be political, just something you learned which you didn't anticipate going in.

buglord fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How does the morale of the campaign workers fluctuate with news? I imagine there were some very strong emotions at the close of November 2016. Did anything come of it long term? Maybe an explosion of new volunteers, or more donations that pour in with each monthly fiasco the Trump admin creates? I see D&D and C-SPAM go from elated to severely morose depending on the latest political developments. I imagine people in your group are a bit more centered, having rode political waves for quite some time? I assume the public is more receptive of campaigning efforts when dems are out of power?

I want to assume its currently Easy Mode because people who were apathetic during the Obama years are now mobilized. But this is all just guessing!

• Locked thread