Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Positive Optimyst
Oct 25, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseontheloose posted:

Bumping if people have more questions.

Hi, Moose

I worked for a Lobbyist firm in DC in the late 90s. I'm a former political junkie but left DC for a non-political job opportunity 20 years ago and have been abroad every since.

That said, with the sadness of GWB and even Obama's post 2012 politics, I still have the political-policy wonk blood in my veins.

My 2 questions:

1. What's your take on the coming mid terms? The party outside of the Executive gains seats historically, but will these year be a major gain for the Dems (like the GOP in 1994)?

2. How nuts have DC rents gone? Do I every have a chance of renting a studio anywhere in the District again?

Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Positive Optimyst
Oct 25, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseontheloose posted:

Everything seems like you are least getting a 2010 type blue wave, maybe even bigger. Also, if you saw the VA midterms, it was the first time in 30 years baby boomers didn't get a majority of the vote share which is going to be real tough for the Republican party if that trend holds true.

Don't work in DC but from what I have heard from when I was there in 2005 is...good luck.

Cheers, Moose

Interesting demographics in the VM mid-terms.

Positive Optimyst
Oct 25, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseontheloose posted:

Another way to put this is Democrats are out performing EVERY election they are in right now and by a lot.

It's an indicator of a possible 'blue wave' as you note.

I'm not D nor R - I despise both.

But I have a special disdain for Dems after what they've done to abandon the working class (probably never were in support of the working class - which include middle class stiffs, H1-Bs, soft on illegals and muslims entering the US.

Positive Optimyst
Oct 25, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
To answer your questions.

No, I'm not a Repub. I cannot stand them.

No, I'm not a Trump supporter and did not vote for him.

• Locked thread