Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Pootybutt posted:

caught up last night, new OP fucks

I'm fairly sure it was specifically designed to snap digital video codecs in half. Even the Japanese TV broadcast codecs start giving up around the infinite vortex part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

That was a very unexpected ad for Kappa Sushi in there.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I love that they absolutely nailed the color palette for that era of anime.

Also, for some reason, that Brazil theme park is a real place that's somehow still in business.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 27, 2022

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Ignis posted:

:eng101:

See it's a good reference because nobody but diehard seiyuu ota or Sugita and Nakamura remembers Sphere now
And according to the chart, the monkeys were the other 2 members of Sphere, and Ryuji and Nishiki/Kasuga which is neat.
https://twitter.com/DDKT/status/1601626107086000130?t=V4Qz59bjmctdskeyznxczQ&s=19

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It helps if you know the trope of successful manzai comedians growing apart so far apart they can't even stand to share a dressing room anymore, but yeah there wasn't anything really to "get" other than old men rediscover friendship through a shared memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Doctor Epitaph posted:

I think it's less about "getting" it, and more that it just wasn't funny. Like manzai comedy in general.

Them's smiting words.

(Now you come back with the tsukkomi :v: )